Confirmation Hearing: Keystone Phil (AG) (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Keystone Phil (AG) (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Keystone Phil (AG) (Confirmed)  (Read 5647 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »
« edited: June 15, 2009, 07:00:35 AM by Senator MasterJedi, PPT »

Ask your questions, I'll throw mine in later when I have free time. I'm on my work break now. Tongue
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »

I know I'm not a Senator, but the question that should be asked is " Keystone Phil, do you know how to use Wiki, because it is your job to keep the Wiki updated on the laws that pass in the Senate."
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2009, 04:20:49 PM by Senator PiT »

Mr. Keystone Phil, do you intend to run for any other office in the forseeable future or do you intend to retain the office of Attorney General for awhile? As you may have noticed, this is the cabinet position that has experienced the most turnover in recent months.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »

really? does he have the time? i so he can do it. It looks real nice right now. I would like to keep it that way.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:02:30 PM »

I know I'm not a Senator, but the question that should be asked is " Keystone Phil, do you know how to use Wiki, because it is your job to keep the Wiki updated on the laws that pass in the Senate."

Sure

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »

As for Senator PiT's question, I do not see myself running for any office in the near future. If confirmed, I will be dropping out of the Northeast Senate race.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »

Sure

Sure? Are you saying you will do it or you just saying you could? Because I'll vote for your confirmation if you will do it but I'll try and impeach you if you don't. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 04:26:10 PM »

Sure

Sure? Are you saying you will do it or you just saying you could? Because I'll vote for your confirmation if you will do it but I'll try and impeach you if you don't. Tongue

Sure as in "Sure, I can and will do it." If I don't, feel free to kick me out.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »

Phil, as the representative of Atlasia, would you feel comfortable trying cases in which you may disagree with the government's position?

I'll have more questions later, but lets start with that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »

Phil, as the representative of Atlasia, would you feel comfortable trying cases in which you may disagree with the government's position?

Fine by me. I can put on a good show. If it's an intense disagreement, well, we can cross that bridge when we get to it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 06:16:24 PM »

Phil,

When I was going through my confirmation hearing for Attorney General, I was asked by several Senators to lay out my hopes for the job and to assure them I would be active enough to take part in it, but more than that I was asked if I had a vision for the position.

So, I'll ask you, do you think there is anything you specifically could bring to the position and anything you feel that needs to be done that you could do that others, including myself, could not?

Furthermore, as Attorney General, I took on responsibilities outside those laid out specifically by the job description, such as R.O.W. or pushing for the responsibility of the Introduction Thread. What are your feelings on R.O.W. and will you, too pressure the President for any responsibilities outside those laid down strictly as Attorney General?

And finally, last question I promise, Franzl had a passion for the job, the legal work, and I had a passion for repairing the Wiki. Is there anything about this job you feel passionate about doing?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 07:24:14 PM »

So, I'll ask you, do you think there is anything you specifically could bring to the position and anything you feel that needs to be done that you could do that others, including myself, could not?

Yeah, I do have something that I bring to the position: my lacking of an uber serious nature around here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm doing what is specifically laid out. Nothing more.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not really a passion. The job needs to be done. I'm capable.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »

So, to recap:

You think you're the perfect candidate to be un-serious and you'll do the bare minimum?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 07:30:54 PM »

So, to recap:

You think you're the perfect candidate to be un-serious and you'll do the bare minimum?

If that's the spin you want to put on it, fine. For the reasonable Senators that I actually care about, I'll re-iterate that my position is that I'm not going to be a militant, ultra serious nominee (never said anything about being unserious) and I said I'll do what is required.

I find the Senator's attitude interesting (but rather expected given his bipolar nature) considering he was saying he suggested to the President that I be nominated.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »

So, to recap:

If that's the spin you want to put on it, fine. For the reasonable Senators that I actually care about, I'll re-iterate that my position is that I'm not going to be a militant, ultra serious nominee (never said anything about being unserious) and I said I'll do what is required.

I find the Senator's attitude interesting (but rather expected given his bipolar nature) considering he was saying he suggested to the President that I be nominated.

If you can do the job, I'll happily vote aye in favor of confirmation, I just hope that you'll actually do things on time, that's all.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 07:38:22 PM »

So, to recap:

If you can do the job, I'll happily vote aye in favor of confirmation, I just hope that you'll actually do things on time, that's all.

And if he is late then I will always be glad to Wiki the laws passed in the Senate, just saying.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »

As of this moment Phil I do plan on voting for you because I know you to be capable and competent when you sit down and do something but my simple question is, will you remain active?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »

As of this moment Phil I do plan on voting for you because I know you to be capable and competent when you sit down and do something but my simple question is, will you remain active?

Of course. I've made it clear that I returned because things are picking up and I want to be active here.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »

I'm sure you can understand our concern, given your past here and the fact that you've told many people you consider Atlasia to be a joke.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:22 PM »

What about the position of AG appeals to you? Why are you willing to abandon a run for Senate?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 09:46:31 PM »

I'm sure you can understand our concern, given your past here and the fact that you've told many people you consider Atlasia to be a joke.

So you're so concerned that...you suggested me to the President for nomination?

I'm concerned about bipolar Senators that take this way too seriously and then end up contradicting themselves.

What about the position of AG appeals to you? Why are you willing to abandon a run for Senate?

Serving the people.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »

I'm concerned about bipolar Senators that take this way too seriously and then end up contradicting themselves.

It was either you or tmth. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »

It was either you or tmth. Tongue

I don't even know where to begin with that one...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »

Serving the people.

So, if I understand correctly, the AG position appealed to you because it is a more immediately available than the Senate seat and so you jumped to take it? An acceptable answer.

As long as you will stay active and do the job, as you've expressed, I see no problem.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 12:12:34 AM »

Serving the people.

So, if I understand correctly, the AG position appealed to you because it is a more immediately available than the Senate seat and so you jumped to take it?

Again, that's your spin. You're making me seem like an opportunist, just jumping at whatever is offered. I said I wanted to serve the people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies