Confirmation Hearing: Keystone Phil (AG) (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:41:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Keystone Phil (AG) (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Keystone Phil (AG) (Confirmed)  (Read 5648 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »

I am perfectly happy with your answers, Phil, and I will gladly vote in favor of your confirmation.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 09:33:56 AM »

I have no questions for the nominee and will be voting for him.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »

What about the position of AG appeals to you? Why are you willing to abandon a run for Senate?

Serving the people.

So, if I understand correctly, the AG position appealed to you because it is a more immediately available than the Senate seat and so you jumped to take it?

Again, that's your spin. You're making me seem like an opportunist, just jumping at whatever is offered. I said I wanted to serve the people.

That didn't answer my question though. Why are you giving up the Senate race for the position of AG? What about the two positions led you to prefer one over the other?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 10:18:06 AM »

What about the position of AG appeals to you? Why are you willing to abandon a run for Senate?

Serving the people.

So, if I understand correctly, the AG position appealed to you because it is a more immediately available than the Senate seat and so you jumped to take it?

Again, that's your spin. You're making me seem like an opportunist, just jumping at whatever is offered. I said I wanted to serve the people.

That didn't answer my question though. Why are you giving up the Senate race for the position of AG? What about the two positions led you to prefer one over the other?

It will allow me to serve the people. I'm not as likely to have that opportunity in the Senate race. Your spin, however, makes it seem like I'm just jumping at whatever is offered and because it is more immediately available.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

Serving the people.

It will allow me to serve the people. I'm not as likely to have that opportunity in the Senate race. Your spin, however, makes it seem like I'm just jumping at whatever is offered and because it is more immediately available.

You are just avoiding a direct answer. You are saying the AG position will allow you to serve the people better than a Senate seat. I just want to know why you believe this is so. Simple, not too serious question.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 11:54:23 PM »

Serving the people.

You are just avoiding a direct answer. You are saying the AG position will allow you to serve the people better than a Senate seat. I just want to know why you believe this is so. Simple, not too serious question.

You asked what appeals to me. I said serving the people. You asked why I'd be willing to abandon a Senate run. I said because I have a better chance at getting this spot than a Senate seat. I never said I can "better serve" as Attorney General. I don't know how it gets anymore straightforward.

You just want to spin my answers as much as possible and cause a scene. Such a pity.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 11:57:56 PM »

Serving the people.

You asked what appeals to me. I said serving the people. You asked why I'd be willing to abandon a Senate run. I said because I have a better chance at getting this spot than a Senate seat. I never said I can "better serve" as Attorney General. I don't know how it gets anymore straightforward.

You just want to spin my answers as much as possible and cause a scene. Such a pity.

I really had no interest in doing so. I wanted an easy answer to an easy question, but you were way too on guard about it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 11:59:03 PM »

Serving the people.

I really had no interest in doing so. I wanted an easy answer to an easy question, but you were way too on guard about it.

I don't see how I didn't answer your question. I did so several times but if it makes you feel better insisting that I didn't, go ahead.

Good show though. Your grilling really changed the ball game!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 12:01:57 AM »

I'd like to request a final vote ASAP.  No reason to be without an AG longer than needed.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 12:03:46 AM »

I still plan, as I did when I first asked my question, to vote for your confirmation.

But when I asked the question of why you were willing to abandon the Senate race, your original answer was "to serve the people." It's right at the top of those quotes in your last post. I just wanted someone to be straightforward. I shouldn't have had to post this much in this thread to get an answer, nor to justify a question...

I'd like to request a final vote ASAP.  No reason to be without an AG longer than needed.

Agreed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 12:09:15 AM »

I still plan, as I did when I first asked my question, to vote for your confirmation.

But when I asked the question of why you were willing to abandon the Senate race, your original answer was "to serve the people." It's right at the top of those quotes in your last post. I just wanted someone to be straightforward. I shouldn't have had to post this much in this thread to get an answer, nor to justify a question...

I don't get what wasn't straightforward about that.

You shouldn't have had to post this much because you did get an answer. I said I would abandon my Senate run because I am more likely to get this spot. You spun that as me just jumping for whatever is easiest to get. I disagree with that assessment of the situation. You then made up that I said that I thought I could "better serve" the people as Attorney General than Senator. I never said that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »

I hereby open up the final vote to confirm Keystone Phil as Attorney General. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Aye
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:47 PM »

Aye
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »

Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »

Aye
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »

AYE
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 10:39:01 PM »

Aye
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 01:57:49 AM »

Aye.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 07:00:20 AM »

With 7 Ayes, 0 Nays and 0 Abstentions Keystone Phil is confirmed as Attorney General.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 12:04:07 AM »

bumping this so the Senate might stop and think about what they are doing for once
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »

bumping this so the Senate might stop and think about what they are doing for once
Why are you up for nomination or something?  If you wanted to bump a thread to make the senate conscious of their actions bump my comments from the Xahar confirmation
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »

Why are you up for nomination or something?  If you wanted to bump a thread to make the senate conscious of their actions bump my comments from the Xahar confirmation

No. The "Legislative Reorganization Amendment" is up. I'm trying to remind the Senate how dumb they often are.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 03:35:39 PM »

There was nothing about confirming Phil as AG or electing him president, whether you like him or not is irrelevant.  The last major hiccup by the senate was confirming Xahar
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 03:39:40 PM »

There was nothing about confirming Phil as AG or electing him president, whether you like him or not is irrelevant.  The last major hiccup by the senate was confirming Xahar

Xahar was a better AG than Phil.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 04:05:31 PM »

Xahar was a better AG than Phil.
It is impossible for one to a worse AG than Xahar considering while AG he broke every law you could think of and then tried to prosecute others for the same and actually wanted to preside over the case of the person whose account he hacked.  Obviously your endless life of doing nothing but studying Atlasian history has failed to see this
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies