50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:36:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause?  (Read 5739 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »

The problem is that many people view health care as an entitlement, while that may or may not be case this leads to an unsavory end. That whether they have insurance or in a Gov't plan should one be created people just go to the nearest medical facililty and plop down there card and are done. What people need to do is treat its as a commodity and search for the lowest prices. Costs can very depending on the facililty by as much as 25% depending on where you go. People need to learn to ask questions, especially if there are generics available which can save large sums as well. The information is available the trouble is no one bothers to look it up even for the most trivial elective procedures. Don't get me wrong I support some kind of reform that covers the uninsured, I just think that unless this is addressed we will never be able to afford any reform.

CBO says it will take 100 Billion dollars a year to cover only 20 million uninsured people, Didn't Hillary claim that she would cover all uninsured? Remember what here price tag was, 100 Billion a year. I think CBO is wrong, usually they are but not in the direction Dems hope they are wrong. They are still probably underestimating the true costs of Health Care reform. People have got to take more responsibililty for the own care otherwise costs will never go down and they will also keep living unhealthy lifestyles making care even more expensive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies