50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:50:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 50 days to see a doctor in Boston…Is universal coverage the cause?  (Read 5757 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: June 14, 2009, 12:30:28 AM »

No.

As you know I'm a UK resident. I felt unwell last night so I wanted to see a doctor and I did at 11am the next morning after booking an appointment at 8.30 am. Cost me nothing, bar a $6.50 flat fee for a prescription afterwards.

So many people knock such a system without knowing the slightest thing about it.

Anecdotal evidence is awesome!

Just try not to get cancer in Scotland.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »

The raw ideology on this board is mind boggling.

The facts are that wait times are not just a little longer but significantly longer in Britain than in the US and survival rates for cancer patients are much lower.  That anyone would deny this at this stage suggests a total immunity to evidence.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:09:32 PM »

The raw ideology on this board is mind boggling.

The facts are that wait times are not just a little longer but significantly longer in Britain than in the US and survival rates for cancer patients are much lower.  That anyone would deny this at this stage suggests a total immunity to evidence.

If you open a world map of health care, you might find other states than US and UK. Among the other ones, you might find the Scandinavian ones and France. Maybe you should have a look. France uses to consider the UK cover as not being an example at all.

The WHO rates the US quality of care as better than the French or Scandanavian systems, btw.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »

Where does this canard come from that those who have no nsurance have no access to care?

I understand Europeans not understanding that even the uninsured get health care in the US because they don't live here and experience the American system every day, but I don't understand how American posters can know so little about their own health care system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies