Guidelines for Decorum -- Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce Version
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:54:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Guidelines for Decorum -- Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce Version
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guidelines for Decorum -- Carolina Gold Barbecue Sauce Version  (Read 18046 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
« edited: March 26, 2020, 02:07:26 PM by True Federalist »

After two years without an assigned moderator, the Presidential Election Results boards have one again.  I don't expect to have to do much moderating here, but the previous moderator's guidelines for decorum are worth repeating with but slight modification.

So, in the next few paragraphs, I will explain what I expect from you and what you can expect from me.

What I expect from you:

I believe in fairness, respect, and dignity.  I will cover these three areas:

1) Fairness -- be fair, listen to other's opinions, and voice your opinion with respect

2) Respect for the Individual --
        No name calling.  All posts of the like will be deleted and the individual will be notified by personal message that the post was deleted and why.  
        No foul language.  I understand that emotions can and will run high from time to time, but keep it under control, please.  We are all adults or older teenagers and very capable of using civil language.  I will either edit any foul language I see, or if its too bad, I will delete the post and notify the offender by personal message of the action and why.

3) Dignity -- Do unto others as you would have them do to you.  You want to be treated like a human being, so treat others like a human being.

Also, keep focused on the subject matter of the thread.  Slight deviations are okay, but hijacking is inappropriate and the hijacked thread will subsequently be locked.  Also, focus on the subject, not the individual.
If a thread starts getting off topic, I, or the thread creator, will quote back to where it started deviating and ask that it get back on the main road.

I encourage you to start a thread when no one has started your topic.  I do ask one favor of each creator, that you help me to try to keep the subject matter on the main road.

What you can expect from me:

If you have any questions, concerns, or anything of that nature you can PM me.

If someone you see is in violation of the rules above, then use the "report to moderator" link.  Again, be fair, be respectful and be dignified when you use that link.

I will keep in touch and I will address any concerns that you or I cannot resolve to our modadmin, Nym90, and the other moderators.

Have fun posting!!!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »

Please keep in mind that this board, and its sub-boards are intended for the discussion of the actual votes from U.S. presidential elections.  Hypothetical results if the votes had been different or wondering how the results could have been different belong elsewhere.

That said, discussions of what the outcome would have been with a different method of determining victory (i.e., what-if every state allocated its EVs using the Maine/Nebraska method) or why the votes were what they were are welcome here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »

It seems the previous post needs repeating.
Please keep in mind that this board, and its sub-boards are intended for the discussion of the actual votes from U.S. presidential elections.  Hypothetical results if the votes had been different or wondering how the results could have been different belong elsewhere.

That said, discussions of what the outcome would have been with a different method of determining victory (i.e., what-if every state allocated its EVs using the Maine/Nebraska method) or why the votes were what they were are welcome here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies