National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Presidential Primary County and State Maps (1912-2020)  (Read 319997 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
« on: March 10, 2016, 11:33:37 PM »

For Maine, NYT released an interactive Maine county map for the GOP FYI.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 01:43:38 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 01:49:42 AM by Megameow »

Is anybody working on a Kansas Democratic caucus county map? Or is it impossible to get because of whatever reason? I'm sure people here would love it but it seems like it won't be possible.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:43:30 PM »

Is anybody working on a Kansas Democratic caucus county map? Or is it impossible to get because of whatever reason? I'm sure people here would love it but it seems like it won't be possible.

They only released results by Senate District, a map which I already posted.

Thanks for that. I also have a question about that; your map for the 2008 Dem primary has districts in Kansas that I assume are Senate districts, but the Wichita and Kansas City areas don't have that cluster of small districts that your 2016 map has. Are they consolidated or is your 2008 map of something other than Senate districts?
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 10:12:42 PM »

Hey realistic, where did you get your Democratic county data for Utah 2016? I haven't been able to find results for three empty counties, and some of your county results don't match what I have seen.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »

I eagerly await some gorgeous maps of New York from this thread. Cheesy
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 12:53:00 AM »

I eagerly await some gorgeous maps of New York from this thread. Cheesy

Unless our state's county-level elections departments have drastically changed their habits, it might be a while. realisticidealist has been great at scrounging up enough data to create these maps, but I'll be shocked if he were able to acquire precinct-level results for all of New York State within the next several weeks.

Absolutely. And God bless realisticidealist for his hard work. Do we give medals in Atlas Forum?
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »

Does anybody know who won Marion County on the Democratic side? Atlas has Clinton winning, but CNN NYT HuffPo BBC and AP all have Sanders. What's with Atlas being different on these counts lol
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 11:36:09 PM »

Oh great, thank you. #ImWithHer lol
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 11:30:55 PM »

Are those Sanders' pockets in Philly demographically notable? As in, are those the Latino areas or the very white areas? Or maybe are those the university areas?
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »

Realist, where are you getting your data from Wyoming? You have counties there that were previously believed to be ties to have gone to Clinton or Sanders.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 05:48:15 PM »

New York City amended their results last week.  The changes mainly affected Queens, but there were some changes in Brooklyn, too.  I updated the Brooklyn/Queens maps upthread and on CartoDB.

I really didn't see much of a major change, though.  You can compare the old and new maps by searching for Brooklyn in the gallery.

What effect did those changes have? Did Clinton and Trump's leads grow or shrink at all?
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »

Clinton was also on the border of 60% in Brooklyn and Manhattan and bordering 70% in the Bronx. Did she cross any 60%s or 70%s because of the small changes? I'm asking because those are markers on the county-level maps, so it would change how those look.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 12:26:36 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2016, 12:33:44 AM by The Good Cub »

The CA Secretary of State's website has more up-to-date results (those 2.5 mil still trickling in). Clinton at 55.7%, Sanders at 43.3%. Sanders picks up three counties compared to what's on Atlas' front page (Glenn, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo), Clinton goes under 60% in Santa Clara county. Sanders picks up the 24th district as well (Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo). Trump also tops 70% in Los Angeles county.

Meanwhile this is pretty interesting: New Mexico District 2 primary results; in the Democratic primary, Merrie Lee Soules ran unopposed and got 37,339 votes. Incumbent Republican Steve Pearce ran unopposed and received 36,687 votes. Potential Dem pickup???
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 12:37:07 AM »

I would encourage everyone to check out Sec. of State Padilla's website for semi-official election results. Interactive maps, runs well, easy to use, up to date, chock full of info about precinct reporting and results. http://vote.sos.ca.gov/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies