Will there ever be a famous/infamous Atlas Forumite?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will there ever be a famous/infamous Atlas Forumite?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Will there ever be a famous/infamous Atlas Forumite?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Will there ever be a famous/infamous Atlas Forumite?  (Read 6399 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »

I was asked to run for a State Senate seat once.  And for an at-large seat on county council.  I had to laugh both times.  I have good ideas, but no "fire in the belly".  I'm also not sure I want anyone rooting around in my past.  Hell, some of the things I have posted in these forums might be enough to doom a budding political career.

You think Obama's association with Jeremiah Wright was damning?  People would say, "You can't vote for JSojourner.  He's on the same forum as BRTD."  That would about do it.  <grin>

You know, JS, in my incipient senescence, I suspect someone who ran for office and let it all hang out in a calm way, about who we are and why, the good bad and the ugly,  and was that way about public policy issues as well, thoughtful, considered and open, would win office in a landslide, particularly more local ones. The thing is, is that most political types simply don't have a sufficient level of self confident and reflective  and indeed, dare I say it, moral, imagination, to even ponder the possibilities in their innermost fantasies, of just letting it all happen - to just do it!

Am I making any sense at all to anyone?

Yes, as usual.  But my past, combined with my current political worldview, would doom me to electoral failure anyway.  And as far as county council races are concerned...you do not want ME crunching numbers!   (Why do you think I rely on Alcon and Sam Spade?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies