What modern candidate deserved/s to be president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:23:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What modern candidate deserved/s to be president?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: The most?
Barry Goldwater

Hubert Humphrey

George McGovern

Walter Mondale

Michael Dukakis

Bob Dole

Albert Gore Jr.

John Kerry

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: What modern candidate deserved/s to be president?  (Read 3514 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 04:24:05 PM »

All that matters is we know that Al Gore invented pants.  That is something I learned from the Snickers commercial four years ago.  Seeing as I am anti-pants for women, and Gore invented them, I could not vote for him.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 04:33:19 PM »

I'd like to say Gore because I feel so bad for him

Yeah well atleast invented the internet, ya know?

Hmm how ironic. Thats PRECISELY the reason I feel sorry for him. He's the butt of that ENDLESS joke.

p.s. if you read al franken's book, the phrase "invented the internet" came from a GOP press release, they were never uttered from Al Gore's mouth.

Something along the lines of "While in Congress, I [Gore] took the initiative in inventing the internet." I think you get what he was saying.

Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in the sense of having designed or implemented it), but that he was responsible for helping to create  the environment (in an economic and legislative sense) that fostered the development of the Internet.

The point was that his comments were, as you said, self-serving.

Usually, Keystone, when people campaign for President, they try to make themselves look good so people will vote for them.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 08:30:56 PM »

I'd like to say Gore because I feel so bad for him

Yeah well atleast invented the internet, ya know?

Hmm how ironic. Thats PRECISELY the reason I feel sorry for him. He's the butt of that ENDLESS joke.

p.s. if you read al franken's book, the phrase "invented the internet" came from a GOP press release, they were never uttered from Al Gore's mouth.

Something along the lines of "While in Congress, I [Gore] took the initiative in inventing the internet." I think you get what he was saying.

Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in the sense of having designed or implemented it), but that he was responsible for helping to create  the environment (in an economic and legislative sense) that fostered the development of the Internet.

The point was that his comments were, as you said, self-serving.

Usually, Keystone, when people campaign for President, they try to make themselves look good so people will vote for them.

Well I think making yourself look good and claiming what Gore claimed are two very different things, Akno.
MA Liberal

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2004, 08:51:55 PM »

All of those guys were bad candidates!

I personally like Dole, but I think Clinton was a good president as far as domestic policy was concerned(foreign policy is a different matter).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies