Gully and Foyle's Sucktacular nonAdventure (ie. Boring Personal Rant thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:47:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Gully and Foyle's Sucktacular nonAdventure (ie. Boring Personal Rant thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gully and Foyle's Sucktacular nonAdventure (ie. Boring Personal Rant thread)  (Read 2392 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:28 PM »

May I just add here that the forum is now worse than any time I remember it... it could really do with losing some of the trolls and post boosters, who rarely contribute anything of substance and yes I do have specific people in mind and yes most of them are under 16 or so.

They all just got out of school.. give 'em a break.  They'll settle down or leave pretty quick.

If not, a Final Solution could be in order.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:48 PM »

May I just add here that the forum is now worse than any time I remember it... it could really do with losing some of the trolls and post boosters, who rarely contribute anything of substance and yes I do have specific people in mind and yes most of them are under 16 or so.

They all just got out of school.. give 'em a break.  They'll settle down or leave pretty quick.

Yeah I know. I wouldn't mind it so much if there was a bit more substance about. Al, where bist thou?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »

Yeah I know. I wouldn't mind it so much if there was a bit more substance about. Al, where bist thou?

Well, being from a rural area, I can attest to the boredom that comes when you are 15 without a car in the country.  For me it was IM and the phone that got me through the long summers.  Now it's just a political forum.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 06:50:23 PM »

I'm off soon. So bye.

(yes, I am topping this thread for attention whore reasons. 5.3k posts and trolls still get more attention, can you feel the love?)

While I'm away I hope to come back and get clarification on a few things:

1) An explanation from BRTD on why exactly I am a prude or for that matter the fellaciousness of any and every arguement I've ever used against him. I consider the chances of this happening very low.
2) To what extent is Sam Spade's moralistic apoclaypse fantasies over the economy actually rooted in economic analysis and which are actually rooted in his seeming hatred of well-off well-fed spoilt middle class liberals like myself and most people here who tend to like fashionable causes and think too much about sex - in direct inverse proportion to amount they are actually getting - and which he thinks are responsible for America's ills and we get back to the fifties goddammit. I'm guessing the latter by a large margin; which doesn't mean we aren't f**ked.
3) (If he returns) Is MODU really as a big a suburban new rich cliche as he seems?
4) Will Jas ever get off the fence?
5) Are the Republican and Democratic parties REALLY the most well branded . Are the marketing men behind them really a group of great supergeniuses as it seems? Or are we really stupid?
6) The healthiness (or not as the case may be) of Bono's attachment to guns.
7) Will the recent return of Trollzilla be vanquished for ever by the white knights of the moderating team? One would sure hope so...

Don't worry everyone. I still love you all. Peace out. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »

Welcome to Ontario!

Please give us all your money, we're have-nots now.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 06:36:39 AM »

Enjoy the trip! Smiley

NO! Tongue

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 08:51:01 AM »

Have fun, stay safe.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 04:48:32 PM »

3) (If he returns) Is MODU really as a big a suburban new rich cliche as he seems?

If I was a rich cliche, then it would be "exurban" rather than "suburban."  Smiley  However, my surroundings are more of a rural area (surrounded by suburbs).

As far as "new rich cliche," if you mean I made my money by not expecting anyone (especially the government) giving me a handout, taking risks, practicing and preaching fiscal responsibility, living on a tight budget, etc ... then yes, that applies.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies