New York State Senate now tied as one Dem flips back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:40:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New York State Senate now tied as one Dem flips back
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New York State Senate now tied as one Dem flips back  (Read 575 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 16, 2009, 01:08:09 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/nyregion/16albany.html?bl&ex=1245297600&en=d602c41a59a538e2&ei=5087%0A

Monserrate flipped back making it 31-31.  Surprisingly, the Dems aren't so critical of him now and his legal troubles.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:31:04 AM »

Hopefully he still gets primaried. Anyways, due to their being no Lt. Governor to break the tie, the current majority leader gets to break ties. The problem is that it's not exactly clear whom is majority leader right now.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:13:53 AM »

Hopefully he still gets primaried. Anyways, due to their being no Lt. Governor to break the tie, the current majority leader gets to break ties. The problem is that it's not exactly clear whom is majority leader right now.

He won't get primaried... because he won't be in office in Sept. 2010.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »

Ya know...I think Rev. Al is a good guy in real life.  I'd probably get along with him.  But the manner in which he finds new ways to insert himself in day-to-day events is annoying.  That man will find a way to boil any situation into an issue of race.  I understand Sharpton is working with the legislature on a bill regarding the Sean Bell shooting, but his allusion to some sort of "Black-Latino" coalition within the state government is personally troubling.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:27:41 PM »

Ya know...I think Rev. Al is a good guy in real life.  I'd probably get along with him.  But the manner in which he finds new ways to insert himself in day-to-day events is annoying.  That man will find a way to boil any situation into an issue of race.  I understand Sharpton is working with the legislature on a bill regarding the Sean Bell shooting, but his allusion to some sort of "Black-Latino" coalition within the state government is personally troubling.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

To be fair I don't think Sharpton's comments were some allusion of a black-latino coalition in state government but rather at addressing the rumors about the split being caused by friction between blacks and latinos (a few articles mentioned this when it first broke).  With that being said aside from him trying to get the Sean Bell bill passed, I do think his involvement here is a little silly.

As far as Inks comments, well Monseratte is still as scumbag and so is Espada, and hopefully they will both be in jail soon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 04:04:31 PM »

Just a note on Monserrate's comments about Bloomberg - he can hardly be considered a Republican really.  I mean, he's switched parties whenever it's convenient for him.  Bloomberg's party affiliation has no real meaning behind it, IMO.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 04:06:14 PM »

Let me assure you that no one cares about Monserrate and his comments about anything.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »

Let me assure you that no one cares about Monserrate and his comments about anything.
Ding Ding Ding
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies