Wales? What Wales?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:38:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Wales? What Wales?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wales? What Wales?  (Read 2588 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2004, 05:21:43 PM »

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=597077&section=news

Whoopsy!
Jens
Angola

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 05:28:57 PM »

LOL. I guess that is the faith of small countries. (Danes are quite used to maps either omitting our country or making a part of Germany!!!!)
Tory

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 06:21:05 PM »

Wales will never gain the recognition it deserves until it's people do what they should have done years ago, declare independence.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 08:25:53 PM »

LOL, I can see the EU really cares about the member states.
Tory

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 09:43:50 PM »

LOL, I can see the EU really cares about the member states.

The EU doesn't give a sh*t about anyone but France and Germany.

The U.K. needs to get out now!
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 11:50:28 PM »

It sounds to me like this was just a simple mistake on the part of a graphic artist and no cause for an international incident Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 02:21:04 AM »

don, your not welsh. we get angry at anything Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 04:19:14 AM »

Wales will never gain the recognition it deserves until it's people do what they should have done years ago, declare independence.

No way that's happening Smiley
Tory

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 06:31:18 AM »

Any Welsh patriot would support independence. Wales might as well not even exist, it's citizens seem content to become a part of England.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 07:20:22 AM »

Any Welsh patriot would support independence. Wales might as well not even exist, it's citizens seem content to become a part of England.
Unlike the SNP, PC has never officially supported independence. The Welsh don't want independence, they want to be considered a "nation" of the UK. They've won that battle by now, in the 19th century Wales was often referred to as a part of England by the English.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 10:35:47 AM »

I knew Wales was on the endangered species list.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 11:33:26 AM »

Unlike the SNP, PC has never officially supported independence. The Welsh don't want independence, they want to be considered a "nation" of the UK. They've won that battle by now, in the 19th century Wales was often referred to as a part of England by the English.

And unlike the SNP, Plaid have never (beyond the odd fluke every 30 odd years) been able to break out of their traditional strongholds.
There's a (sadly quite small) possibility that next year, Plaid could drop to just 1 seat.
Memo to all regionalist parties: Selecting an (allegedly) racist folk singer as your leader doesn't help win over the Anglophones...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 04:59:22 AM »

And unlike the SNP, Plaid have never (beyond the odd fluke every 30 odd years) been able to break out of their traditional strongholds.
There's a (sadly quite small) possibility that next year, Plaid could drop to just 1 seat.
Memo to all regionalist parties: Selecting an (allegedly) racist folk singer as your leader doesn't help win over the Anglophones...
Oh, okay, I'll keep that in mind when I run my own regionalist party. Smiley For what seat?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 09:50:54 AM »

Oh, okay, I'll keep that in mind when I run my own regionalist party. Smiley For what seat?

Iwan isn't running for a seat... the one they won't lose is Merionydd-Nant Conwy (which is a gerrymander)
cwelsch

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 09:44:49 PM »

Oh come on, this is just stupid.  How do you leave off a whole country?  That's beyond retarded.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 04:36:19 AM »

This is just stupid.

Mind you it reminds me of a quote from Spooks, when an Irish terrorist talks about a bomb going in Sefton B (a nuclear power station):

"Aye. It would take out everything south of Bristol. Not that anyone would miss Wales."

I'm not sure that's a fully accurate quote, Wales is north of Bristol.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 08:21:30 AM »

my family is of primarily Welsh and Cornish heritage, so either way we'd be screwed Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies