Where is BushOklahoma?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:28:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where is BushOklahoma?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Poll
Question: Where is BushOklahoma?
Honeymoon

Crying himself to sleep

Church

Gym

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Where is BushOklahoma?  (Read 19785 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »

And the "issues" I'm talking about aren't the stupid issues you have, Flyers. I can't believe people aren't picking up on the damn hints that I'm dropping about BushOK's personality...

I haven't picked them up I'm afraid.

Neither have I.  Guess I have to get used to the KP name calling.

Uh...relevance?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see how calling someone a dope isn't classy.

Oh, wow. I wonder why he's having trouble believing in himself. It couldn't be the countless people here constantly mocking him, etc.

And the "issues" I'm talking about aren't the stupid issues you have, Flyers. I can't believe people aren't picking up on the damn hints that I'm dropping about BushOK's personality...

Try reading over some of his insanely detailed posts. Get it yet?

TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »

Neither have I.  Guess I have to get used to the KP name calling.

Uh...relevance?

I don't see how calling someone a dope isn't classy.

Oh, wow. I wonder why he's having trouble believing in himself. It couldn't be the countless people here constantly mocking him, etc.

Try reading over some of his insanely detailed posts. Get it yet?

When are you gonna realize the fact we're not mocking him?  I've only been saying how his mentality with women could have a lot of pitfalls.  In real life I'm actually fairly cautious when approaching women, but I'll move in if I see an opportunity and she might be feeling me.  I've been in his shoes when it came to getting passed over.  Hell, one of my best friends and I aren't on speaking terms right now because he was really wasted and screwed me over with someone I was interested in whom another friend of mine brought out with his girlfriend.  i'll probably get over that at some point.  I'm not trying to talk down at him, but rather with him.    You on the other hand talk AT me.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »

When are you gonna realize the fact we're not mocking him?

Are you blind? Do you really not realize that people are mocking him? Do you not realize that the initial point of this poll was to mock him?

You are such an idiot. You are so wrapped up in this fantasy that you're some expert on this stuff that you fail to notice who you're even talking to. You're not talking to one of your brain dead buddies about girls, dude. We're talking about BushOK - someone you have very, very little in common with personality wise and someone who obviously has some issues (I don't know how many more damn hints I need to drop to you...)

I don't even know how to articulate how I feel after I read this stuff from you. I'm serious. I don't even know where to begin. What should I point out first - the fact that you're the butt of jokes whenever you cite these outrageous personal examples that nobody cares about or the fact that you turn these threads into Flyers story time, totally missing the point of "helping" BushOK?

Because you talk like a douche and, as I've said before, people that don't typically agree with me have been disgusted by the way you talk about this stuff. You must be insanely dense if you don't realize how much of a tool you are when you talk about this stuff.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »

Phil, I don't know much about BuskOK. Most people don't so they take what they see at face value. I don't think anyone gets what you mean about his 'personality' - so unfortunately you have to expect people to look at what we do know about him - namely his strong faith and how that influences him.

And to get a little personal for the moment, for someone who would really like to get married and preferrably to my partner of 4 years (though the debate on that is for another topic) to see someone walk into it so damn lightly and after just meeting someone, it annoys me to see how expendable some people view marriage.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

Phil, I don't know much about BuskOK. Most people don't so they take what they see at face value. I don't think anyone gets what you mean about his 'personality' - so unfortunately you have to expect people to look at what we do know about him - namely his strong faith and how that influences him.

And to get a little personal for the moment, for someone who would really like to get married and preferrably to my partner of 4 years (though the debate on that is for another topic) to see someone walk into it so damn lightly and after just meeting someone, it annoys me to see how expendable some people view marriage.

How can you say he's walking into this so lightly? He's taking this very seriously! That being said, there are clearly signs here that he's jumping into this too soon (by "normal" standards) yet you guys are being so damn harsh about it.

I'm not going to say what I think BushOK's "issues" are...but I think some of you ought to pick up on a little something by now and that's why I'm getting defensive of BushOK.

This isn't something we're going to solve here so wish him the best.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »

phil youre a tad self righteous.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »

I love when I'm called self righteous...for simply standing up for someone or something I believe to be right. Amazing how I wasn't self righteous every damn time I defended you when you were called a loser (especially for your alcohol problem). You've become a real douche recently and I have no idea why you've been acting that way towards me. Again, I've defended you so often.

Anyway, point out to me where I said or acted as if I don't do anything wrong.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2009, 03:51:28 PM »

whenever you talk to flyers you act like you are morally superior to him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:55 PM »

And tell me, Walter, how self righteous you are when you constantly mock people like BushOK and other "backwards" people. How about that self righteous signature image, Walter? How about the mocking of "salt of the Earth" individuals?

Amazing how others can constantly make comments about others but the second a conservative leaning person does the same, they're "self righteous."

whenever you talk to flyers you act like you are morally superior to him.

Or I'm stating my disagreement with him. I think he acts like a classless douche. If that makes me "self righteous," oh well. That being said, I don't act or think that I'm never wrong or act morally superior. If that was the case and as someone that doesn't care much for alcohol, would I have ever defended you when people like BRTD called you a loser?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »

Sorry, my young friend, I agree with Walt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

Sorry, my young friend, I agree with Walt.

Again, you're not backing it up. Are you self righteous when you say something is wrong? Are you self righteous when you defend something or someone you believe in? How come Walter isn't self righteous when he mocks the values of people like BushOK?

If I'm so self righteous, why did I defend Walter (a recovering alcoholic) when he was called a loser? That's defense coming from someone who doesn't really care for alcohol, by the way. You'd think that Mr. Self Righteous would call Walter a loser, too!

Again, no word of the self righteousness from the people talking down to BushOK...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »

phil, flyers does give too much information quite often, but i think he is trying to be helpful (in his own way)

yet you rip him to shreds.

i think we all fear (at least i do) that maybe bushok is being used by this girl. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »

Because he thinks BushOK "needs" to be more like him about certain things that are totally unrelated and not like BushOK at all. People don't want us to "judge" Flyers'...eh...free thinking ways on sexual relations yet he has no problem judging the more "prudish" people. That's not right.

Fair enough but I think you guys are missing a lot about BushOK. I'm not going to actually say it here because it's not my business but I think the guy has some serious issues (for the tenth time, no, not the "problems" that Flyers is talking about)...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2009, 04:43:21 PM »

Does this 'issue' have anything to do with something I would know quite a bit about? I hate being cryptic, but it's the first thing that pops into my mind. If it's not, it's best to clear it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »

bushok is gay?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2009, 05:25:09 PM »

Not at all. I think Phil is implying that BushOK is behaving like the "Bill Dauterive" character on King of the Hill.

I don't know why I've commented on such an unhappy thread. I'll probably delete this.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »

God clearly wants her to be with him... Brain from the Family Guy

Maybe I should go up to a hot 21 year old blonde, lean and tanned who's clearly out of my league, grad her butt and say "God wanted us to be together."  Damn, I wish that could work!

Fake Catholic.

Isn't it sort of common knowledge that he has OCD?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »

phil, flyers does give too much information quite often, but i think he is trying to be helpful (in his own way)

yet you rip him to shreds.

i think we all fear (at least i do) that maybe bushok is being used by this girl. 

Thank you.  And Phil, I never have claimed to be an "expert" either in an express or implied way. I'm just another man sharing my experiences with another.  We should probably keep our squabbling to the PA 13 or PA Gubernatorial Thread.  But I know you'll find a way to shout me down, like you always like to.  I'm used to it by now and I can actually hear you talking to me.  It's comical at this point.  Phil's "name du jour" for Flyers.  What will it be next? (Assclown, etc.) 

mitty, yeah I fear that for him as well.  I want to help another man out when it comes to this stuff regardless of political/party affiliation because it's f---ed up and has happened to me quite a bit  As for being an "expert" well I wish I had the relationship success with women most of my friends had a my age that they had by the time they were 18. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »

Everyone,

First of all, thank you Phil for defending me up one side and down another.  That shows a true gentleman and true friend.  Thank you.

To everyone else, I perceive that you are giving me your sincerest advice (even though I may be "naive" about that (my own word).)  While I welcome your input, and like Flyers said if I leak it, I can't expect everyone to remain silent.  I have not taken this thread to be intentionally mocking my religious stance on marriage and have taken it somewhat humorously.  I just laugh it off because I've come to realize that all of you are just "internet friends".  I don't know you in real life, so I don't really know you're true feelings, save for those you choose to express here on the forum or on facebook.

It is true I may be a little naive and it may be seen by others that I'm being "used" by this lady.  I can tell you, I have enough of a head on my shoulders that I could sense that a mile away, and I'm not picking up any vibes.  It could be true that my radar sensors may be down, but I am not picking up any controlling vibes.  You could ask her and she would say the same thing.  You could ask other friends here locally who know both of us real well and are beholden to neither party and they would say the same thing.  I'm just trying to respect her wishes in everything I do.  By nature, I am a lot more easy going on a lot of things and let things ride.  She is a woman, and women tend to get up in arms about things.  She asks me what I want on many occasions, and I tell her what I desire, but that I also want her to be comfortable in every way imaginable.

It may be perceived that we are going too fast, and under normal circumstances we would be going too fast.  I'll leave you to be the judge of your own thoughts.  However, we are only going at the pace in which we both feel comfortable.  That's also why the wedding is not until April 2010, still 9 months away.

I can also tell you that she is just as religious and reliant on my God as I am.  We are connected together only by the power and the grace of God.

I'm not angry at any of you for your posts, I just ask that you be a little more respectful of my wishes.  Above all, stop fighting, please.

Perhaps, I have shared a bit too much with you, and I will refrain from this point on.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »

Everyone,

First of all, thank you Phil for defending me up one side and down another.  That shows a true gentleman and true friend.  Thank you.

To everyone else, I perceive that you are giving me your sincerest advice (even though I may be "naive" about that (my own word).)  While I welcome your input, and like Flyers said if I leak it, I can't expect everyone to remain silent.  I have not taken this thread to be intentionally mocking my religious stance on marriage and have taken it somewhat humorously.  I just laugh it off because I've come to realize that all of you are just "internet friends".  I don't know you in real life, so I don't really know you're true feelings, save for those you choose to express here on the forum or on facebook.

It is true I may be a little naive and it may be seen by others that I'm being "used" by this lady.  I can tell you, I have enough of a head on my shoulders that I could sense that a mile away, and I'm not picking up any vibes.  It could be true that my radar sensors may be down, but I am not picking up any controlling vibes.  You could ask her and she would say the same thing.  You could ask other friends here locally who know both of us real well and are beholden to neither party and they would say the same thing.  I'm just trying to respect her wishes in everything I do.  By nature, I am a lot more easy going on a lot of things and let things ride.  She is a woman, and women tend to get up in arms about things.  She asks me what I want on many occasions, and I tell her what I desire, but that I also want her to be comfortable in every way imaginable.

It may be perceived that we are going too fast, and under normal circumstances we would be going too fast.  I'll leave you to be the judge of your own thoughts.  However, we are only going at the pace in which we both feel comfortable.  That's also why the wedding is not until April 2010, still 9 months away.

I can also tell you that she is just as religious and reliant on my God as I am.  We are connected together only by the power and the grace of God.

I'm not angry at any of you for your posts, I just ask that you be a little more respectful of my wishes.  Above all, stop fighting, please.

Perhaps, I have shared a bit too much with you, and I will refrain from this point on.

Sorry if I may have come off callous at times.  I don't know you in real life.  I really can't judge based on that.  I have merely judged based on what you wrote on here.  Of course it's not the entire truth and you maybe seeing something I'm not.  But as I think Storebought said the "Bill Dauterive" concept comes to mind.  Again it's just me.  But if you need to talk about anything with this or want a 2nd opinion on something, feel free to PM me (so of course you know who doesn't call me an "assclown").
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:19 AM »
« Edited: July 06, 2009, 02:50:54 AM by Vander Blubb »

Does this 'issue' have anything to do with something I would know quite a bit about? I hate being cryptic, but it's the first thing that pops into my mind. If it's not, it's best to clear it.

A small penis is not always a deal-breaker, afleitch.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2009, 04:34:34 AM »

A small penis is not always a deal-breaker, afleitch.

No...that's not something I would know 'quite a bit about' Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2009, 05:15:14 AM »

Yeah, I don't actually think you are. The whole "engagement" and setting an exact wedding day this early is a little weird to me, but as you're not actually rushing to a chapel for a shotgun wedding three hours after meeting or something, I do not think you're going too fast. (Of course, that also means I'm not 100% sold on that wedding ever actually happening, but please don't mind me. What I consider possible is of no real import here.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies