Where is BushOklahoma?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:04:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where is BushOklahoma?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Where is BushOklahoma?
Honeymoon

Crying himself to sleep

Church

Gym

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Where is BushOklahoma?  (Read 19800 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »

I can't say anything but:

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 12:01:48 AM »

Optimist Mikado: Some people know at first sight.  While some people can take months or years to decide if marriage is the right thing, others instantly know that they are the one for each other.  While many spur-of-the-moment marriages fail, BushOK is an incredibly decent, hardworking man who will do everything in his power to keep it on track.

Cynical Mikado:  I'm too flabbergasted to comment right now.  Please leave a message at the tone.

Your optimist side makes a valid point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »

I'm back.  Yes, I am happily engaged to this wonderful woman and i was at church camp last week.  My life has become so happy and so busy that I have barely had time to get on this forum or even the Internet at large.

I couldn't be happier right now, and neither could she!!

We are planning our wedding for Saturday, April 10, 2010.

That gives us 9 1/2 months to get to know each other even better.

Both sets of parents and grandparents all know about this and are all in approval.  We brought it before the church Sunday morning on Father's Day.

I may not definitely will not be on the Forum as much as I was.  I will still try to get on and play around, but my life's focus has drastically changed this month.

Its just past midnight here in OKC and I've got to go to bed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:56 AM »

Ok, first of all, I didn't actually post it because I figured he'd want to break the news and expected it to come any minute. Secondly, States, I would suggest editing your post. Posting a screen shot with his name (not sure if he ever posted/wanted it here) and the names of others might not be the best idea.

Finally, we may all have our own opinions of wanting to marry someone after just days of meeting them. Personally, I don't think it's wise. That being said, please try to be happy for the guy and wish him the best of luck instead of mocking him and eye rolling.

I love how so many people here will be the first to jump at a fairly conservative person for "judging" the love life of someone with a more liberal approach but when the tables are turned, judging people is fine...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »

What.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »

Even though the main person to judge BushOklahoma is waltermitty, who often reminds us how he's not a liberal.  Nice try...

LOL

What kind of half assed connection is that? Ok, so the "main person" that judges BushOK claims that he's not a liberal. Now let me go through the list of people that have laughed at BushOK and we'll see how many view themselves as social liberals.

Nice try, Harry.

Oh, ironically enough, Walter posted a Facebook poll result yesterday that labeled himself as "Very Liberal."
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 12:19:36 AM »

Everyone, stop arguing.

For better or worse, the man's made his decision, and he's the only one with a say in this question.  If BushOK thinks that this is the right thing, then congratulations on your engagement.  It sounds like she's a wonderful catch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21:24 AM »

There was no reason to bring politics into this thread, but you did anyway.  So I called you out on it.  Then I decided that I shouldn't spoil BushOK's thread with an argument so I deleted it.  But not quick enough for you not to notice it.

It's not about politics. I said those with a more liberal viewpoint on these types of issues are criticizing him when they're apparently so tolerant. Note to Harry - The words "liberal" and "conservative" aren't always about politics! I'm sure they'll get around to explaining that in Mississippi by the time you're...oh...forty.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not saying they are; I'm saying he posted something that labeled him as "Very Liberal." He must have some sympathy towards it.

Everyone, stop arguing.

For better or worse, the man's made his decision, and he's the only one with a say in this question.  If BushOK thinks that this is the right thing, then congratulations on your engagement.  It sounds like she's a wonderful catch.

Amen
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »

I'm back.  Yes, I am happily engaged to this wonderful woman and i was at church camp last week.  My life has become so happy and so busy that I have barely had time to get on this forum or even the Internet at large.

I couldn't be happier right now, and neither could she!!

Both sets of parents and grandparents all know about this and are all in approval.  We brought it before the church Sunday morning on Father's Day.

I may not definitely will not be on the Forum as much as I was.  I will still try to get on and play around, but my life's focus has drastically changed this month.

Its just past midnight here in OKC and I've got to go to bed.

While your engagement is certainly rushed, I wish you two the best.  You're a good guy, and I'm sure you'll be a great husband.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 12:38:40 AM »

I support BushOklahoma and his future wife 100%. Despite what some of you internet folks say....

texaslefty and I will support this to the end!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »

I'm stunned, but congratulations anyway Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »

Okie, I'm not big on the whole marriage thing but congrats and best of luck to you. I hope everything turns out well.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 01:21:51 AM »

Who cares. If he's happy then let him be. Congrats Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 02:20:55 AM »

Nothing like an engagement to find out her middle name is Anne or that she has six toes on one foot, eh?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 03:00:57 AM »

BushOK is a good man, and I wish him all the luck in the world, but this is quite the odd occurrence.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 05:09:33 AM »

Lord knows where the crazy bastard is physically, but I think we can all agree he's in our hearts and in our thoughts.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 08:37:35 AM »

Lord knows where the crazy bastard is physically, but I think we can all agree he's in our hearts and in our thoughts.

But he's a religious.  Are you sure such a warm sentiment is what you want to express here?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 09:11:34 AM »

Posting in an epic thread.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »

But he's a religious.  Are you sure such a warm sentiment is what you want to express here?

Yeah, I meant it as a joke.  A warm, sentimental, but sarcastic joke.

But I have to admit I've become a bit of a softie as I age and become leftist.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2009, 12:53:04 PM »

Yeah, I meant it as a joke.  A warm, sentimental, but sarcastic joke.

But I have to admit I've become a bit of a softie as I age and become leftist.

I've noticed........very scary Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »

BushOK- Congrats, man!  I hope it works out. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 09:53:56 PM »

I do have a new, or shall I say, refocused goal of losing the remaining 75 lbs separating my current weight (248) and a normal weight for me (173) before our wedding.

BTW, I misspoke on Facebook just a bit ago.  It is 75 lbs, not 85 lbs, and I started at 90 lbs overweight, not 100 lbs.

As most of you know, I really started trying to lose weight on, oddly enough, Valentine's Day 2009.  I didn't have a Valentine, then, but now I do and its just interesting that my weight loss adventure began on Valentine's Day weekend (technically February 15).

I am about to start a Special K diet program Tuesday morning.  I'll have a cereal bar at breakfast, one at lunch, and then a good dinner each evening.  My fiance' has been doing this for nearly 3 weeks now and she has lost a BUNCH of weight just in the time I've known her.

And, States, I do request you delete your post with my facebook info on it.  If nothing else to protect the commenters.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 12:35:25 AM »

So, how many months has she been expecting?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009, 12:43:25 AM »

I do have a new, or shall I say, refocused goal of losing the remaining 75 lbs separating my current weight (248) and a normal weight for me (173) before our wedding.

BTW, I misspoke on Facebook just a bit ago.  It is 75 lbs, not 85 lbs, and I started at 90 lbs overweight, not 100 lbs.

As most of you know, I really started trying to lose weight on, oddly enough, Valentine's Day 2009.  I didn't have a Valentine, then, but now I do and its just interesting that my weight loss adventure began on Valentine's Day weekend (technically February 15).

I am about to start a Special K diet program Tuesday morning.  I'll have a cereal bar at breakfast, one at lunch, and then a good dinner each evening.  My fiance' has been doing this for nearly 3 weeks now and she has lost a BUNCH of weight just in the time I've known her.

And, States, I do request you delete your post with my facebook info on it.  If nothing else to protect the commenters.

An all-carb diet? Not the best way to lose wait, my friend.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »

I wish you the best of luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »