Where is BushOklahoma?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where is BushOklahoma?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: Where is BushOklahoma?
Honeymoon

Crying himself to sleep

Church

Gym

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Where is BushOklahoma?  (Read 19567 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

Phil's right. Look, I'm sorry, but if "minor disagreements" almost tear you apart....it seems pretty weird that you'd even think of marriage at this point.

Well, I agree but it's the mocking of the significance prayer can have that is wrong, in my eyes.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Roll Eyes

And that's the problem here.

It's not about simply saying a prayer and everything gets better. That's mocking anyone that values serious prayer and BushOK didn't say, "I just said Prayer X and everything got better!"

Don't waste your money, Walter. Your life will still be a total disaster. You're beyond redemption.

hmmm.  so god cant help my life?

i guess he only helps conservatives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »

The thing that makes me Roll Eyes is that BushOK has clearly affirmed that without prayer, his "minor disagreements" would have clearly torn them apart.

He said the disagreements were occasional and they threatened to break them up. Big difference.

I said simply thinking to yourself, "Oh, saying a prayer will make everything better" is wrong. That's not a proper understanding of prayer.

He said he prayed during an occasional disagreements. Lots of people do this. Lots of people (myself included) pray for strength, guidance, etc. for a lot of things in our lives. I pray for guidance to get through my day. Using your logic, I should just end my life if I have to do this.

I'm sick and tired of the irreligious making a joke out of this just because they don't understand or get something out of it.

hmmm.  so god cant help my life?

i guess he only helps conservatives.

Glad you finally get it, Walter.

Note - Serious posters get serious responses from me.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2009, 03:45:42 PM »

Well alright, everyone is entitled to their opinion. That has to be accepted. If people feel that prayer ultimately does help them, it can't be considered harmful, I guess. That doesn't necessarily make me understand how it's supposed to work, but fine, to each his own. Wink

I still feel that BushOK was basically saying that prayer and prayer alone saved his relationship...but that appears to be up for debate.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »

They really should see relationship counsellor, preferably nothing to do with church before getting married. I agree with Franzl - occasional minor disagreements should not be the cause of a schism.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »

They really should see relationship counsellor, preferably nothing to do with church before getting married. I agree with Franzl - occasional minor disagreements should not be the cause of a schism.

We will go through a marriage counselling session with the pastor thats going to officiate the ceremony.

I prayed for the strength to get through these minor disagreements and its working.  I firmly believe that if I had not prayed, then the minor disagreements would escalate and blow up into something major and be catastrophic.  I pray everday for God's guidance in this relationship.  Ultimately, it was the Lord who put us together, not any human.  He just used my ex as his instrument to join us together.  Wednesday morning, the Lord showed me several things that make me believe that our relationship is definitely His doing, not ours, and that He still has a lot of work to accomplish through our merged lives.  He gave me the reassurance that the only thing that will separate us is death.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2009, 06:35:50 PM by afleitch »

We will go through a marriage counselling session with the pastor thats going to officiate the ceremony.

I prayed for the strength to get through these minor disagreements and its working.  I firmly believe that if I had not prayed, then the minor disagreements would escalate and blow up into something major and be catastrophic.  I pray everday for God's guidance in this relationship.  Ultimately, it was the Lord who put us together, not any human.  He just used my ex as his instrument to join us together.  Wednesday morning, the Lord showed me several things that make me believe that our relationship is definitely His doing, not ours, and that He still has a lot of work to accomplish through our merged lives.  He gave me the reassurance that the only thing that will separate us is death.

Sounds if you feel you have no control over any aspect of this relationship. That it is God's plaything. That is very unhealthy.

For a 27 year old you seem to have quite an immature outlook on the nature of human relationships and especially marriage. Marriage should never be rushed and should be the couples terms only.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »

Sounds if you feel you have no control over any aspect of this relationship. That it is God's plaything. That is very unhealthy.

Agreed, yes. What does "love" mean if one is only completing God's plan?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »

If God gave us the freedom to make choice, that is because he doesn't control all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »

If God gave us the freedom to make choice, that is because he doesn't control all.

Roll Eyes

MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2009, 11:52:03 PM »

Roll Eyes

Well, he could control all, but he decided to not control all.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2009, 01:26:28 AM »

Did we really need to make this thread about religion? I mean, really?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: July 03, 2009, 01:54:26 AM »

So without prayer, the "minor disagreements" would have torn you apart?

Roll Eyes

Why does this have to be done? Anything to prove his spirituality is silly, right?

I doubt Franzl meant it as a jab in any way. 

BushOK's outward religiousness has been the subject of mockery for quite some time. People here have been "blaming" his religiousness for why he wants to get married so soon and are trying to make him look like as much of an ass as possible. I hope I'm wrong but I have no doubt that Franzl is trying to say, "Hey, you mean to tell me without a silly prayer, you two would have split? Maybe that's a sign that you ought to split..."

You take shots at me all the time.  What's your point?  I'm not mocking BushOK.  But some of his comments I do find a bit odd, but that's just me.  I don't let "the Lord" point me in the direction of a woman and marry her 2 weeks later.  As much as you think I'm an assinine pervert, I'm not even close.  I've come across people who would put me to shame in that category say... half my former bosses and neighbors- worse they have wives and kids.  BushOK is a great guy.  I just hate to see him fall for a potential trainwreck again.  I'm sorry, he needs to take a few pages from me and yes.. maybe I could use a few from him.  There I admitted it.  The "nice" and non-aggressive guy ends up last and is normally fooling himself.    One thing I find striking is this woman already has a kid.  Part me of is thinking.. hmm, this woman COULD have had problems in the past and is looking for BushOK as a shoulder or wouldn't have even given him a chance in HS in favor or badder boys.  What happens in that situation is he could be at work while she's screwing the landscaper.  I've seen it happen.   
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2009, 01:55:54 AM »

God clearly wants her to be with him... Brain from the Family Guy
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: July 03, 2009, 01:57:41 AM »

Maybe I should go up to a hot 21 year old blonde, lean and tanned who's clearly out of my league, grad her butt and say "God wanted us to be together."  Damn, I wish that could work!
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #114 on: July 03, 2009, 02:03:10 AM »

i don't mean to be rude but, I think you are being rude to BushOklahoma. It is not our place to judge if he should or should not do something. Yes you have a different way of thinking of this. But even if you disagree with how he found his soon to be wife, he is going to marry her.
I do think that you are mocking his faith a little. That hurts. Even though i am not religious i would not disrespect someones faith.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #115 on: July 03, 2009, 03:48:55 AM »

I don't think that is necessarily what people are saying, though if you want to look at this through a religious prism - if marriage is sacred and is blessed by God it should not be entered into lightly. BushOklahoma is 27 but has an attitude to marriage, love and relationships no better than a 15 year old. Just read through his posts. He feels he has no control over this relationship and so is going along with it and this is being re-inforced by the company he keeps. Every person involved in this marriage and in counselling and in preparing for the wedding is from the church, or of Christian counsel. No one is going to tell him anything to the contrary.

And to me that's simply cheap and against everything marriage should be about. I like BushOklahoma as a poster and I'm sure his girlfriend is lovely but it saddens me he holds such a flimsy understanding and appreciation of what marriage entails and what he is going to commit to
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #116 on: July 03, 2009, 03:52:36 AM »

Honeymoon
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #117 on: July 03, 2009, 07:42:29 AM »

Franzl hits on a point that may have been overlooked.

When you boldly put your beliefs (or lack of beliefs) on display, expect people to comment, and some of it not to be so nice, although it need not be rude.  I don't think Franzl was rude at all in his remarks.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »

Agreed.  And if you can't stand a little verbal abuse then interacting on the internet probably isn't for you.

I find BushOK's relationship to be a little odd (and I spent 21 years in a So.Baptist Church forwhateverthatsworth), but that doesn't mean I like the guy any less or am making fun of him for it.  The friend that questions your possibly unwise decisions is a better friend than the one that smiles, shakes his head and says "that's neat" while mentally thinking his friend is possibly making an unwise choice.  It takes a lot more balls to tell somebody you love they are being foolish than it does somebody you hate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »

Roll Eyes

Why does this have to be done? Anything to prove his spirituality is silly, right?

BushOK's outward religiousness has been the subject of mockery for quite some time. People here have been "blaming" his religiousness for why he wants to get married so soon and are trying to make him look like as much of an ass as possible. I hope I'm wrong but I have no doubt that Franzl is trying to say, "Hey, you mean to tell me without a silly prayer, you two would have split? Maybe that's a sign that you ought to split..."

You take shots at me all the time.  What's your point?

I take shots at you because you come into threads like this one, dishing out your advice like it's words from an expert and you make underhanded statements as to why everyone with a contrary opinion is a silly prude.

Good for you.

Maybe I should go up to a hot 21 year old blonde, lean and tanned who's clearly out of my league, grad her butt and say "God wanted us to be together."  Damn, I wish that could work!

And this is why no one takes what you say seriously. Oh, I also remember some ass saying this...

As much as you think I'm an assinine pervert, I'm not even close.    

Agreed.  And if you can't stand a little verbal abuse then interacting on the internet probably isn't for you.

The whole point is that the verbal abuse isn't justified. A lot of it comes from people that just want to bash his religiousness on this (and other) topics.

The friend that questions your possibly unwise decisions is a better friend than the one that smiles, shakes his head and says "that's neat" while mentally thinking his friend is possibly making an unwise choice.  It takes a lot more balls to tell somebody you love they are being foolish than it does somebody you hate.

And, again, this is not what's happening here. I'm not blindly saying that what BushOK is doing is right. I've said that I have my issues with this and most of those that are criticizing BushOK are certainly not doing this out of love. Look at why this thread was started. Look at people like Walter. They have nothing better to do than mock the guy.

I've made clear that I think BushOK has some issues. I do not understand why more people don't realize this. Instead of mocking him or chastizing him for making a stupid decision, just wish him the best and/or kindly say to take it slow. The people here are more interested in telling him why his religious motives are stupid (because of their own hostility towards religion) than realizing that the guy has some issues.

And to me that's simply cheap and against everything marriage should be about. I like BushOklahoma as a poster and I'm sure his girlfriend is lovely but it saddens me he holds such a flimsy understanding and appreciation of what marriage entails and what he is going to commit to

And this is a perfect example of someone who is failing to grasp what is right in front of his face.

The man has some issues. Instead of telling him why his silly faith is "wrong," just tell him to take it slowly and if he doesn't agree, this isn't the place to continue to give him a hard time. You're arguing with someone who has issues, people.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2009, 10:35:17 AM »

And this is a perfect example of someone who is failing to grasp what is right in front of his face.

The man has some issues. Instead of telling him why his silly faith is "wrong," just tell him to take it slowly and if he doesn't agree, this isn't the place to continue to give him a hard time. You're arguing with someone who has issues, people.

I'm not knocking his faith, which is also mine and yours. I genuinely believe he lacks maturity in his attitudes and that can be destructive. Especially if kids are introduced into the relationship at some point in the near future.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »

Roll Eyes

You take shots at me all the time.  What's your point?

I take shots at you because you come into threads like this one, dishing out your advice like it's words from an expert and you make underhanded statements as to why everyone with a contrary opinion is a silly prude.

Good for you.

And this is why no one takes what you say seriously. Oh, I also remember some ass saying this...

As much as you think I'm an assinine pervert, I'm not even close.     

The whole point is that the verbal abuse isn't justified. A lot of it comes from people that just want to bash his religiousness on this (and other) topics.

The friend that questions your possibly unwise decisions is a better friend than the one that smiles, shakes his head and says "that's neat" while mentally thinking his friend is possibly making an unwise choice.  It takes a lot more balls to tell somebody you love they are being foolish than it does somebody you hate.

And, again, this is not what's happening here. I'm not blindly saying that what BushOK is doing is right. I've said that I have my issues with this and most of those that are criticizing BushOK are certainly not doing this out of love. Look at why this thread was started. Look at people like Walter. They have nothing better to do than mock the guy.

I've made clear that I think BushOK has some issues. I do not understand why more people don't realize this. Instead of mocking him or chastizing him for making a stupid decision, just wish him the best and/or kindly say to take it slow. The people here are more interested in telling him why his religious motives are stupid (because of their own hostility towards religion) than realizing that the guy has some issues.

You have to be cruel to be kind... However the song goes.  I'll try to be nice in the future.  But I never said he was "wrong" or his faith is silly.  It's just he applies it way too much.  Look, I have my own issues too, just a lot different than his in some ways, but very similar in others.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »

But I never said he was "wrong" or his faith is silly.  It's just he applies it way too much. 

"I never said...his faith is silly...he applies it way too much."

Roll Eyes

What a dope. Honestly.

And the "issues" I'm talking about aren't the stupid issues you have, Flyers. I can't believe people aren't picking up on the damn hints that I'm dropping about BushOK's personality...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »

And the "issues" I'm talking about aren't the stupid issues you have, Flyers. I can't believe people aren't picking up on the damn hints that I'm dropping about BushOK's personality...

I haven't picked them up I'm afraid.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »

I haven't picked them up I'm afraid.

Neither have I.  Guess I have to get used to the KP name calling.  Now I'm a dope?  Classy Phil.  What I meant by applying his faith way too much is he basically doesn't believe in himself which is scary and says things to the tune to "The Lord will make it alright".  There's nothing wrong with being religious.  You just can't use it as a crutch. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies