Where is BushOklahoma? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:06:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where is BushOklahoma? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Where is BushOklahoma?
Honeymoon

Crying himself to sleep

Church

Gym

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Where is BushOklahoma?  (Read 19749 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »

I'm back.  Yes, I am happily engaged to this wonderful woman and i was at church camp last week.  My life has become so happy and so busy that I have barely had time to get on this forum or even the Internet at large.

I couldn't be happier right now, and neither could she!!

We are planning our wedding for Saturday, April 10, 2010.

That gives us 9 1/2 months to get to know each other even better.

Both sets of parents and grandparents all know about this and are all in approval.  We brought it before the church Sunday morning on Father's Day.

I may not definitely will not be on the Forum as much as I was.  I will still try to get on and play around, but my life's focus has drastically changed this month.

Its just past midnight here in OKC and I've got to go to bed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:53:56 PM »

I do have a new, or shall I say, refocused goal of losing the remaining 75 lbs separating my current weight (248) and a normal weight for me (173) before our wedding.

BTW, I misspoke on Facebook just a bit ago.  It is 75 lbs, not 85 lbs, and I started at 90 lbs overweight, not 100 lbs.

As most of you know, I really started trying to lose weight on, oddly enough, Valentine's Day 2009.  I didn't have a Valentine, then, but now I do and its just interesting that my weight loss adventure began on Valentine's Day weekend (technically February 15).

I am about to start a Special K diet program Tuesday morning.  I'll have a cereal bar at breakfast, one at lunch, and then a good dinner each evening.  My fiance' has been doing this for nearly 3 weeks now and she has lost a BUNCH of weight just in the time I've known her.

And, States, I do request you delete your post with my facebook info on it.  If nothing else to protect the commenters.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:10:47 AM »

I'm having trouble sleeping this morning which is not good because I have a 4-hour drive ahead of me this afternoon to Mena, Arkansas for a friend's wedding which is tomorrow (Saturday).  I also have to work until 1:00 today.  Luckily, though, she is driving down there and I'm driving home on Sunday.  I'm going to take my laptop with me so I might have Internet access, but I probably won't get on the forum at all.

This has been an awesome week.  Its been tiring and stressful starting with a huge sunburn on both of us on Father's Day afternoon and subsequently trying to plan this friend's wedding in which my fiance' is the maid of honor and I'm the music man (pushing play on the CD Player) and the cake and/or punch man at the reception.

While we are going down there for their wedding, Saturday night will also be the commencement of our personal journey toward our April wedding.  It really has already started, but we'll have this other wedding behind us so we can start focusing on ours.

She's going to work a lot of overtime in July while we relax together while things settle down for a bit.  In August, we will focus on getting my soon-to-be step-son started in Pre-K on August 17.  Then, when the calendar changes to September, we'll be 7 months out and we'll really get down and dirty with our wedding.

I'm going to talk to her this afternoon and try to get our engagement pictures done sometime in July or early August.

I also plan to watch Oklahoma Sooner football this fall with her with other friends of ours where all four of us are HUGE OU fans.

3 weeks into our relationship, 1 week into our engagement, and we're getting stronger and stronger day by day.

More to come... Late Sunday night...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »

Good Evening, folks,

I had a wonderful weekend with my bride-to-be in SW Arkansas at our best friend's wedding.  It was a beautiful ceremony, albeit very hot (outdoor wedding in over 100 degree temperature and near 100% humidity in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains of SW Arkansas/SE Oklahoma).  The ceremony outside only lasted 15-20 minutes as the pastor (the bride's father) cut right to the chase with it and didn't dilly dally.

After we got the bride and groom off to start their honeymoon and my fiance' and I were in the car headed back to the motel, I looked at her and said "Baby, its our turn, this is the commencement of our journey."  Then, this morning, as we were eating breakfast, the bride and groom came and transferred her dress to our car so we could take it home for them and the bride said, "Well, after we get back from our honeymoon next week, it'll be time to get started planning YOUR wedding." (talking about my fiance' and me).

Unfortunately, my baby is going to be working bookoos of overtime in the month of July starting tomorrow from about 6:30 am to 8:00ish pm in the heat by the tarmac and flight line of Tinker AFB and will be too tired to see anyone.  So, I won't see her during the week this month, but that will do nothing but make the weekends even sweeter!!  Thankfully, we both have this coming Friday off for the Holiday, so she'll call me that morning after she wakes up and we'll spend this Independence Day Weekend together.

On Friday, we're going to lay out our preparation timeline for our April 10, 2010 wedding, so we're not leaving anything to chance and we don't get to March 1 and have to say "Oh Crap, its March 1, our wedding is in 40 days and we haven't even started."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:05:51 AM »

July has begun and our relationship is growing stronger and stronger every day.  We're giving each other some space this week to breathe, but that is making us stronger with BIG Fourth of July plans upcoming!!

As of 5:00 am CT this morning, I will be down to 6800 hours until our marriage on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 1:00 pm.

As of 1:00 pm CT this afternoon, I will be down to 283 days (9 months 9 days).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 09:05:11 AM »

update plz.

the facebook status update sounded gloomy!

Update requested?   Update granted...

We're doing just fine, we're just going through some minor disagreements right now, and occasionally it did threaten to tear us apart.  However, after a lot of prayer, we're doing just fine right now and this disagreement will do nothing but make us stronger toward our God and toward each other.  I do miss her like crazy, and I'm sure she misses me, we haven't seen each other since this past Sunday.  We're trying to give each other space, but it is really difficult.  Thankfully, I'll be able to see her Saturday morning and spend the weekend with her.  We do have big Fourth of July plans.  One of the things we're going to do this weekend is get our wedding ceremony in the planning stages.  Next week, I probably won't see her much, if at all, because she's doing something with her church every evening Monday-Friday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »

So without prayer, the "minor disagreements" would have torn you apart?

Correct.

But prayers keep them together.

I can not wait till I attend their wedding next year.

James is correct.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »

They really should see relationship counsellor, preferably nothing to do with church before getting married. I agree with Franzl - occasional minor disagreements should not be the cause of a schism.

We will go through a marriage counselling session with the pastor thats going to officiate the ceremony.

I prayed for the strength to get through these minor disagreements and its working.  I firmly believe that if I had not prayed, then the minor disagreements would escalate and blow up into something major and be catastrophic.  I pray everday for God's guidance in this relationship.  Ultimately, it was the Lord who put us together, not any human.  He just used my ex as his instrument to join us together.  Wednesday morning, the Lord showed me several things that make me believe that our relationship is definitely His doing, not ours, and that He still has a lot of work to accomplish through our merged lives.  He gave me the reassurance that the only thing that will separate us is death.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 07:12:12 PM »

Everyone,

First of all, thank you Phil for defending me up one side and down another.  That shows a true gentleman and true friend.  Thank you.

To everyone else, I perceive that you are giving me your sincerest advice (even though I may be "naive" about that (my own word).)  While I welcome your input, and like Flyers said if I leak it, I can't expect everyone to remain silent.  I have not taken this thread to be intentionally mocking my religious stance on marriage and have taken it somewhat humorously.  I just laugh it off because I've come to realize that all of you are just "internet friends".  I don't know you in real life, so I don't really know you're true feelings, save for those you choose to express here on the forum or on facebook.

It is true I may be a little naive and it may be seen by others that I'm being "used" by this lady.  I can tell you, I have enough of a head on my shoulders that I could sense that a mile away, and I'm not picking up any vibes.  It could be true that my radar sensors may be down, but I am not picking up any controlling vibes.  You could ask her and she would say the same thing.  You could ask other friends here locally who know both of us real well and are beholden to neither party and they would say the same thing.  I'm just trying to respect her wishes in everything I do.  By nature, I am a lot more easy going on a lot of things and let things ride.  She is a woman, and women tend to get up in arms about things.  She asks me what I want on many occasions, and I tell her what I desire, but that I also want her to be comfortable in every way imaginable.

It may be perceived that we are going too fast, and under normal circumstances we would be going too fast.  I'll leave you to be the judge of your own thoughts.  However, we are only going at the pace in which we both feel comfortable.  That's also why the wedding is not until April 2010, still 9 months away.

I can also tell you that she is just as religious and reliant on my God as I am.  We are connected together only by the power and the grace of God.

I'm not angry at any of you for your posts, I just ask that you be a little more respectful of my wishes.  Above all, stop fighting, please.

Perhaps, I have shared a bit too much with you, and I will refrain from this point on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies