Where is BushOklahoma? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Where is BushOklahoma? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Where is BushOklahoma?
Honeymoon

Crying himself to sleep

Church

Gym

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Where is BushOklahoma?  (Read 19776 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 21, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »

Has anyone seen the big news on Facebook? Oh, my God...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:56 AM »

Ok, first of all, I didn't actually post it because I figured he'd want to break the news and expected it to come any minute. Secondly, States, I would suggest editing your post. Posting a screen shot with his name (not sure if he ever posted/wanted it here) and the names of others might not be the best idea.

Finally, we may all have our own opinions of wanting to marry someone after just days of meeting them. Personally, I don't think it's wise. That being said, please try to be happy for the guy and wish him the best of luck instead of mocking him and eye rolling.

I love how so many people here will be the first to jump at a fairly conservative person for "judging" the love life of someone with a more liberal approach but when the tables are turned, judging people is fine...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »

Even though the main person to judge BushOklahoma is waltermitty, who often reminds us how he's not a liberal.  Nice try...

LOL

What kind of half assed connection is that? Ok, so the "main person" that judges BushOK claims that he's not a liberal. Now let me go through the list of people that have laughed at BushOK and we'll see how many view themselves as social liberals.

Nice try, Harry.

Oh, ironically enough, Walter posted a Facebook poll result yesterday that labeled himself as "Very Liberal."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21:24 AM »

There was no reason to bring politics into this thread, but you did anyway.  So I called you out on it.  Then I decided that I shouldn't spoil BushOK's thread with an argument so I deleted it.  But not quick enough for you not to notice it.

It's not about politics. I said those with a more liberal viewpoint on these types of issues are criticizing him when they're apparently so tolerant. Note to Harry - The words "liberal" and "conservative" aren't always about politics! I'm sure they'll get around to explaining that in Mississippi by the time you're...oh...forty.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not saying they are; I'm saying he posted something that labeled him as "Very Liberal." He must have some sympathy towards it.

Everyone, stop arguing.

For better or worse, the man's made his decision, and he's the only one with a say in this question.  If BushOK thinks that this is the right thing, then congratulations on your engagement.  It sounds like she's a wonderful catch.

Amen
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:50:30 AM »

An all-carb diet? Not the best way to lose wait, my friend.

Publik skools - Not the best way to learn spelling, my friend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »

weddings in arkansas.   job transfers to kansas.

salt of the earth people, indeed.

Growing up in North Carolina. Impregnating woman in Massachusetts.

Salt of the Earth people indeed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »

As much as I wish you luck, I still think you're rushing this.

It would have taken me a least 2-3 months before I'd even attend a wedding with someone as a date.  I'd hate to see you think to yourself.. what if?   

And, naturally, BushOK ought to listen to this dating success story.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:52:57 PM »

Jesus Christ, dude, there is such a thing as "too much information."

Not with that cafone. Seriously, the guy has no class.

I could not fathom giving an expensive ring and being in a committed marriage without "test driving".  Even for her sake as well.  Waiting past the 1st date or even the 1st few months is admirable, but eventually......  If he can do it, more power to him.  I just couldn't.  

You cannot fathom being with someone. Period. You don't love women, you just want to sleep with them. Honestly, dude, that's all you care about and that's the reason you most likely won't get married anytime soon (thank God).

Anyway, I've explained why BushOK is a...uh..."special case" with this.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 05:04:30 PM »

Well another dude eventually CAME into her.     

It's hard to believe that this isn't a parody at this point. Wait, no it's not. Your upbringing explains it all...

I know you well enough from your posts on this subject.

And, in your case, it never requires the former. Your commentary on this subject has just been so outrageous that some of the most liberal people here have been disgusted. Please get a clue.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 01:03:28 AM »

Well another dude eventually CAME into her.     

It's hard to believe that this isn't a parody at this point. Wait, no it's not. Your upbringing explains it all...

I know you well enough from your posts on this subject.

And, in your case, it never requires the former. Your commentary on this subject has just been so outrageous that some of the most liberal people here have been disgusted. Please get a clue.

The truth can be disgusting.  I really don't give a damn about liberal, moderate, or conservative when it comes to this because all of the above on here have been in the crappy situations with women I have.

This has nothing to do with "liberal, moderate or conservative" political views. Many of them have liberal views on relationships/sexual relations and even they think you've been a complete asshat.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 04:27:32 PM »

the facebook status update sounded gloomy!

Agreed. I've been worried that you haven't recently bitched about certain words that annoy you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 05:37:16 PM »

the facebook status update sounded gloomy!

Agreed. I've been worried that you haven't recently bitched about certain words that annoy you.

and to think festoon no longer gets to see that!  because he unfriended me.

Stop! "You're giving me goose bumps!"

Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 12:26:36 PM »

So without prayer, the "minor disagreements" would have torn you apart?

Roll Eyes

Why does this have to be done? Anything to prove his spirituality is silly, right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 12:35:36 PM »

Roll Eyes

Why does this have to be done? Anything to prove his spirituality is silly, right?

I doubt Franzl meant it as a jab in any way. 

BushOK's outward religiousness has been the subject of mockery for quite some time. People here have been "blaming" his religiousness for why he wants to get married so soon and are trying to make him look like as much of an ass as possible. I hope I'm wrong but I have no doubt that Franzl is trying to say, "Hey, you mean to tell me without a silly prayer, you two would have split? Maybe that's a sign that you ought to split..."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »

Phil's right. Look, I'm sorry, but if "minor disagreements" almost tear you apart....it seems pretty weird that you'd even think of marriage at this point.

Well, I agree but it's the mocking of the significance prayer can have that is wrong, in my eyes.

Roll Eyes

And that's the problem here.

It's not about simply saying a prayer and everything gets better. That's mocking anyone that values serious prayer and BushOK didn't say, "I just said Prayer X and everything got better!"

Don't waste your money, Walter. Your life will still be a total disaster. You're beyond redemption.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »

The thing that makes me Roll Eyes is that BushOK has clearly affirmed that without prayer, his "minor disagreements" would have clearly torn them apart.

He said the disagreements were occasional and they threatened to break them up. Big difference.

I said simply thinking to yourself, "Oh, saying a prayer will make everything better" is wrong. That's not a proper understanding of prayer.

He said he prayed during an occasional disagreements. Lots of people do this. Lots of people (myself included) pray for strength, guidance, etc. for a lot of things in our lives. I pray for guidance to get through my day. Using your logic, I should just end my life if I have to do this.

I'm sick and tired of the irreligious making a joke out of this just because they don't understand or get something out of it.

hmmm.  so god cant help my life?

i guess he only helps conservatives.

Glad you finally get it, Walter.

Note - Serious posters get serious responses from me.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 09:34:43 PM »

If God gave us the freedom to make choice, that is because he doesn't control all.

Roll Eyes

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »

Roll Eyes

I doubt Franzl meant it as a jab in any way. 

BushOK's outward religiousness has been the subject of mockery for quite some time. People here have been "blaming" his religiousness for why he wants to get married so soon and are trying to make him look like as much of an ass as possible. I hope I'm wrong but I have no doubt that Franzl is trying to say, "Hey, you mean to tell me without a silly prayer, you two would have split? Maybe that's a sign that you ought to split..."

You take shots at me all the time.  What's your point?

I take shots at you because you come into threads like this one, dishing out your advice like it's words from an expert and you make underhanded statements as to why everyone with a contrary opinion is a silly prude.

Good for you.

God clearly wants her to be with him... Brain from the Family Guy

Maybe I should go up to a hot 21 year old blonde, lean and tanned who's clearly out of my league, grad her butt and say "God wanted us to be together."  Damn, I wish that could work!

And this is why no one takes what you say seriously. Oh, I also remember some ass saying this...

As much as you think I'm an assinine pervert, I'm not even close.    

Agreed.  And if you can't stand a little verbal abuse then interacting on the internet probably isn't for you.

The whole point is that the verbal abuse isn't justified. A lot of it comes from people that just want to bash his religiousness on this (and other) topics.

The friend that questions your possibly unwise decisions is a better friend than the one that smiles, shakes his head and says "that's neat" while mentally thinking his friend is possibly making an unwise choice.  It takes a lot more balls to tell somebody you love they are being foolish than it does somebody you hate.

And, again, this is not what's happening here. I'm not blindly saying that what BushOK is doing is right. I've said that I have my issues with this and most of those that are criticizing BushOK are certainly not doing this out of love. Look at why this thread was started. Look at people like Walter. They have nothing better to do than mock the guy.

I've made clear that I think BushOK has some issues. I do not understand why more people don't realize this. Instead of mocking him or chastizing him for making a stupid decision, just wish him the best and/or kindly say to take it slow. The people here are more interested in telling him why his religious motives are stupid (because of their own hostility towards religion) than realizing that the guy has some issues.

And to me that's simply cheap and against everything marriage should be about. I like BushOklahoma as a poster and I'm sure his girlfriend is lovely but it saddens me he holds such a flimsy understanding and appreciation of what marriage entails and what he is going to commit to

And this is a perfect example of someone who is failing to grasp what is right in front of his face.

The man has some issues. Instead of telling him why his silly faith is "wrong," just tell him to take it slowly and if he doesn't agree, this isn't the place to continue to give him a hard time. You're arguing with someone who has issues, people.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »

But I never said he was "wrong" or his faith is silly.  It's just he applies it way too much. 

"I never said...his faith is silly...he applies it way too much."

Roll Eyes

What a dope. Honestly.

And the "issues" I'm talking about aren't the stupid issues you have, Flyers. I can't believe people aren't picking up on the damn hints that I'm dropping about BushOK's personality...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »

And the "issues" I'm talking about aren't the stupid issues you have, Flyers. I can't believe people aren't picking up on the damn hints that I'm dropping about BushOK's personality...

I haven't picked them up I'm afraid.

Neither have I.  Guess I have to get used to the KP name calling.

Uh...relevance?

I don't see how calling someone a dope isn't classy.

Oh, wow. I wonder why he's having trouble believing in himself. It couldn't be the countless people here constantly mocking him, etc.

I haven't picked them up I'm afraid.

Try reading over some of his insanely detailed posts. Get it yet?

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »

When are you gonna realize the fact we're not mocking him?

Are you blind? Do you really not realize that people are mocking him? Do you not realize that the initial point of this poll was to mock him?

You are such an idiot. You are so wrapped up in this fantasy that you're some expert on this stuff that you fail to notice who you're even talking to. You're not talking to one of your brain dead buddies about girls, dude. We're talking about BushOK - someone you have very, very little in common with personality wise and someone who obviously has some issues (I don't know how many more damn hints I need to drop to you...)

I don't even know how to articulate how I feel after I read this stuff from you. I'm serious. I don't even know where to begin. What should I point out first - the fact that you're the butt of jokes whenever you cite these outrageous personal examples that nobody cares about or the fact that you turn these threads into Flyers story time, totally missing the point of "helping" BushOK?

Because you talk like a douche and, as I've said before, people that don't typically agree with me have been disgusted by the way you talk about this stuff. You must be insanely dense if you don't realize how much of a tool you are when you talk about this stuff.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

Phil, I don't know much about BuskOK. Most people don't so they take what they see at face value. I don't think anyone gets what you mean about his 'personality' - so unfortunately you have to expect people to look at what we do know about him - namely his strong faith and how that influences him.

And to get a little personal for the moment, for someone who would really like to get married and preferrably to my partner of 4 years (though the debate on that is for another topic) to see someone walk into it so damn lightly and after just meeting someone, it annoys me to see how expendable some people view marriage.

How can you say he's walking into this so lightly? He's taking this very seriously! That being said, there are clearly signs here that he's jumping into this too soon (by "normal" standards) yet you guys are being so damn harsh about it.

I'm not going to say what I think BushOK's "issues" are...but I think some of you ought to pick up on a little something by now and that's why I'm getting defensive of BushOK.

This isn't something we're going to solve here so wish him the best.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »

I love when I'm called self righteous...for simply standing up for someone or something I believe to be right. Amazing how I wasn't self righteous every damn time I defended you when you were called a loser (especially for your alcohol problem). You've become a real douche recently and I have no idea why you've been acting that way towards me. Again, I've defended you so often.

Anyway, point out to me where I said or acted as if I don't do anything wrong.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:55 PM »

And tell me, Walter, how self righteous you are when you constantly mock people like BushOK and other "backwards" people. How about that self righteous signature image, Walter? How about the mocking of "salt of the Earth" individuals?

Amazing how others can constantly make comments about others but the second a conservative leaning person does the same, they're "self righteous."

whenever you talk to flyers you act like you are morally superior to him.

Or I'm stating my disagreement with him. I think he acts like a classless douche. If that makes me "self righteous," oh well. That being said, I don't act or think that I'm never wrong or act morally superior. If that was the case and as someone that doesn't care much for alcohol, would I have ever defended you when people like BRTD called you a loser?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

Sorry, my young friend, I agree with Walt.

Again, you're not backing it up. Are you self righteous when you say something is wrong? Are you self righteous when you defend something or someone you believe in? How come Walter isn't self righteous when he mocks the values of people like BushOK?

If I'm so self righteous, why did I defend Walter (a recovering alcoholic) when he was called a loser? That's defense coming from someone who doesn't really care for alcohol, by the way. You'd think that Mr. Self Righteous would call Walter a loser, too!

Again, no word of the self righteousness from the people talking down to BushOK...
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies