friday night plans?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:30:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  friday night plans?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

wrestling is on the television!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: friday night plans?  (Read 3242 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 06:03:56 PM »

Friday night is family movie night here.  Tonight's selection: "Bringing Up Baby" With Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.

Ah Ft. Wayne entertainment at its best. Tongue

Well, at the Stanley household...yes.  But last weekend we had Germanfest, complete with the Wienerdog Nationals.  And this week is ribfest.  I wonder why we're the fattest city in America.  Greekfest next week!

Well Greek food is worth gaining a couple of pounds over, but the Kraut stuff?  Forget it! Smiley
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »

Yes, but I'm already back from it and it's only midnight.  Tongue

It was BYOB anyway.  Sad  I had to bring 3 bottles of my 250th Anniversary Guinness 6pak that I had been meaning to stretch out for a while.  Finished them all off, though.  Anyone else notice that the Anniversary brew tastes just like Smithwick's?  I think they just diverted some Smithwick's and put another label on it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 10:59:18 PM »

lol at friday night.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 11:04:29 PM »

Yeah, I guess it's Sat morning in Indonesia.  So, what did you do?  Did you have your evening partying ruined by the muezzin's chanting or something?  I suppose hearing an off-key old man shouting "Lah illaha ill Allah" at all hours of the night would disrupt your enjoyment.   Tongue
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »

it actually sounds like a million kazoos, and it's at 4:30.  I actually went to go sing songs with some Christian missionaries the day before, over the background we could hear the prayers of a nearby Mosque whenever the singing died down.  I have the experience typed up but my last thread about being forced to pretend to be Christian got a certain moderator to lose all respect for me and delete my thread Tongue

A beer before bed and ear plugs takes care of most of the 4:30 kazoos
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »

By the way, I'd like to make it clear that I meant absolutely no disrespect for muezzins, for the Shahada, or for the religion of Islam, a great faith that brings comfort and strength to over a billion people.  People who I sincerely hope will not take offense at my previous comment and want to behead me.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the old beer-and-ear-plugs routine does the trick.  It's the same combo I employ when my friends drag me to obnoxious concerts.  Tongue  Hope you're having fun over there, we're all rooting for you.  What have you learned over there?  Do the people talk about what's going on in Iran at all?  I know that it is about as far from them as it is from us and that Indonesians practice a very different Sufi-influenced form of Islam, but I'd be interested to hear what the people you've talked to think about it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 11:20:15 PM »

Why do you hate Muslims so much?

I haven't heard anyone talking about Iran except other Americans, but I don't think that's the type of conversation I'd be likely to overhear in a minibus or what have you.  All the newspapers are covering it pretty much the same way CNN is, as far as I can tell - poorly.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 11:23:32 PM »

Cleaning up the apartment, since I have couchsurfers tomorrow.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 11:41:30 PM »

I went to a show (not emo. Hardore punk) just now. Got off, took a shower, will probably just chill as I work tommorow.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 05:13:50 AM »

Hmmm, the Mariners-Diamondbacks game was my Friday night plans. Tongue It was my Saturday night entertainment as well.

w00t w00t M's!! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies