friday night plans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:43:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  friday night plans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

wrestling is on the television!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: friday night plans?  (Read 3297 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 19, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »

Yes, but I'm already back from it and it's only midnight.  Tongue

It was BYOB anyway.  Sad  I had to bring 3 bottles of my 250th Anniversary Guinness 6pak that I had been meaning to stretch out for a while.  Finished them all off, though.  Anyone else notice that the Anniversary brew tastes just like Smithwick's?  I think they just diverted some Smithwick's and put another label on it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 11:04:29 PM »

Yeah, I guess it's Sat morning in Indonesia.  So, what did you do?  Did you have your evening partying ruined by the muezzin's chanting or something?  I suppose hearing an off-key old man shouting "Lah illaha ill Allah" at all hours of the night would disrupt your enjoyment.   Tongue
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »

By the way, I'd like to make it clear that I meant absolutely no disrespect for muezzins, for the Shahada, or for the religion of Islam, a great faith that brings comfort and strength to over a billion people.  People who I sincerely hope will not take offense at my previous comment and want to behead me.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the old beer-and-ear-plugs routine does the trick.  It's the same combo I employ when my friends drag me to obnoxious concerts.  Tongue  Hope you're having fun over there, we're all rooting for you.  What have you learned over there?  Do the people talk about what's going on in Iran at all?  I know that it is about as far from them as it is from us and that Indonesians practice a very different Sufi-influenced form of Islam, but I'd be interested to hear what the people you've talked to think about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies