PA Senator allowing gay people to exist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:45:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PA Senator allowing gay people to exist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: PA Senator allowing gay people to exist  (Read 5030 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »

Thank you so much, senator Eichelberger.

21:15
Leach: How would he [Eichelberger] want to encourage stability in gay couples?
Eichelberger: I wouldn’t.  I mean they can practice whatever sexual activity they like to practice, but there’s no reason to give them special consideration.  We don’t give them special consideration in Pennsylvania for any reason.  Why in the world would we allow them to marry?
22:05
Leach:  How would he want to encourage stability in gay couples?
Eichelberger:  There is no reason to encourage that type of behavior in Pennsylvania.
24:20
Eichelberger:  That comes back to the definition of family and that’s where we differ.  We can call all kinds of things families.  I mean, we can say a 3 party marriage is a family, or 7 or 8 people or marrying younger and younger children these days .
25:00
Host:  Are you saying that by their very nature homosexual relationships are dysfunctional?
Eichelberger:  [Pause] Ummmm.  I guess I would say that.  I would say that.
38:50
Eichelberger:  This changes the definition of marriage, allowing same-sex, and then like I said, 5-10 years from now it’ll be polygamy, marrying younger people, it’ll be whatever…It won’t be a 6 year old, it’ll be a 15 year old, then it’ll be a 14 year old, then it’ll be a 13 year old.
49:40
Leach:  Should our only policy towards [same-sex] couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they’ve done something wrong?
Eichelberger: They’re not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do.  We’re just not rewarding them with any special designation.

http://www.whyy.org/91FM/radiotimes.html

Pennsylvania, don't allow yourself to become a joke state. Sad
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:14:11 PM »

Too late.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »

Thank you so much, senator Eichelberger.

21:15
Leach: How would he [Eichelberger] want to encourage stability in gay couples?
Eichelberger: I wouldn’t.  I mean they can practice whatever sexual activity they like to practice, but there’s no reason to give them special consideration.  We don’t give them special consideration in Pennsylvania for any reason.  Why in the world would we allow them to marry?
22:05
Leach:  How would he want to encourage stability in gay couples?
Eichelberger:  There is no reason to encourage that type of behavior in Pennsylvania.
24:20
Eichelberger:  That comes back to the definition of family and that’s where we differ.  We can call all kinds of things families.  I mean, we can say a 3 party marriage is a family, or 7 or 8 people or marrying younger and younger children these days .
25:00
Host:  Are you saying that by their very nature homosexual relationships are dysfunctional?
38:50
Eichelberger:  This changes the definition of marriage, allowing same-sex, and then like I said, 5-10 years from now it’ll be polygamy, marrying younger people, it’ll be whatever…It won’t be a 6 year old, it’ll be a 15 year old, then it’ll be a 14 year old, then it’ll be a 13 year old.
49:40
Leach:  Should our only policy towards [same-sex] couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they’ve done something wrong?
Eichelberger: They’re not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do.  We’re just not rewarding them with any special designation.

http://www.whyy.org/91FM/radiotimes.html

Well, he's not mine so I have no say in the matter.  If it were my district, I'd be sure to vote him out.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 04:34:56 PM »

Yeah, Eich is a bit on the far right if you haven't noticed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »

The chap just isn't very bright is he?  He could not effectively argue a case if his life depended on it, it seems.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »

"In Pennsylvania, we don’t have homosexuals like in your state. We don’t have that in our state. In Pennsylvania, we do not have this phenomenon. I do not know who has told you that we have it."
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »

My only problem is with him pausing and "guessing".  Of course they are.  Worse they are devient and preverse.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »

Couldn't be any worse than being a right wing hick in the middle of nowhere in Ohio.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

My only problem is with him pausing and "guessing".  Of course they are. Worse they are devient and preverse.

Are you talking about your personal experiences Coburn?

Was he beating you? Did he like to humiliate you during sex?

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:40 PM »

Don't be ridiculous, there are no gay people at all where Coburn lives. None, at all. None!!
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »

Don't be ridiculous, there are no gay people at all where Coburn lives. None, at all. None!!

Unfortunately there are lots.  I am not far from Ohio State.  They are VERY pc there let me tell you.  There was a time if a guy was light in the loafers on a college campus the football team would kick his ass and send him out with the next mornings garbage.  Today every one seems to celebrate this disgusting preversion.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 08:15:01 PM »

The place must be similar to Iran, which doesn't have any gay people either.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 08:15:38 PM »

Unfortunately there are lots.  I am not far from Ohio State.  They are VERY pc there let me tell you.  There was a time if a guy was light in the loafers on a college campus the football team would kick his ass and send him out with the next mornings garbage.  Today every one seems to celebrate this disgusting preversion.

Jerk.
I hope you fall out of your crib tonight and break your hands, so you can't be on the computer anymore to share your useless brain with everyone.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »

You do you hate your fellow gays Coburn?
Are you afraid that they will take all those pretty young studs and leave you alone?
You seem to be a very self-loathing homosexual specimen.   
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 08:21:43 PM »

Jerk.
I hope you fall out of your crib tonight and break your hands, so you can't be on the computer anymore to share your useless brain with everyone.

You just called the bible useless.  There are hundreds of bible passages saying it IS preversion and evil.  Dont argue with me argue with the bible.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »

Jerk.

You just called the bible useless.  There are hundreds of bible passages saying it IS preversion and evil.  Dont argue with me argue with the bible.

So you believe in slavery, that a wife is property of her husband, and in sacrificing children??
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »

Hey Coburn, you read the Bible before or after you have sex with your man?
Is Bible-reading something like foreplay for you?
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »

Jerk.

So you believe in slavery, that a wife is property of her husband, and in sacrificing children??

That is old testament which christians beleive is null and void as far as legal laws are concerned.  The new testament is very clear that homosexuality is preversion.  Children are to be cherished .
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »

Jerk.

That is old testament which christians beleive is null and void as far as legal laws are concerned.  The new testament is very clear that homosexuality is preversion.  Children are to be cherished .

Ahh so your lying again I see
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »

Jerk.

I think it's wrong to speak so hateful of gays when there are a lot on here.
The Bible also talked about slavery and women as "property". Do you support bills making slavery legal, too?
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »

Jerk.

The Bible also talked about slavery and women as "property". Do you support bills making slavery legal, too?

asked an answered.  Old testament.  If you want to learn from someone ask Jmcfst on the religion board.  I have been printing out many of his past posts and learning immense amounts from them about the bible and what it teaches.  You should try it too as he says things much better than I could. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 08:47:15 PM »

Jerk.

asked an answered.  Old testament.  If you want to learn from someone ask Jmcfst on the religion board.  I have been printing out many of his past posts and learning immense amounts from them about the bible and what it teaches.  You should try it too as he says things much better than I could. 

Isn't there supposed to be a seperation of church and state?
And also, it doesn't matter if it was written in the New or Old Testament. Both were written thousands of years ago.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »

Thought Jesus never talked about homosexuality.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 01:38:39 AM »

He didn't, conservatives lie and say he did because of their own bigotry.  Very "Christian" thing to do isn't it.....
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 06:46:39 AM »

No, but Paul did.

When you want to expose a stupid childish person as stupid and childish, don't use arguments even more stupid and childish, please.

So you believe that a wife is property of her husband, and in sacrificing children??
Who doesn't? Are there people who don't?

You scare me!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies