Monthly Obama Forum Approval - June 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:35:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Monthly Obama Forum Approval - June 2009
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Do you ..... of Obama's performance so far ?
Strongly Approve

Somewhat Approve

Undecided

Somewhat Disapprove

Strongly Disapprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Monthly Obama Forum Approval - June 2009  (Read 4895 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »

Somewhat disapprove. I support principles, not people, and I'm a bit disappointed in the people in this thread.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 03:16:30 PM »

Somewhat disapprove as of late.

I do admire him for having a humble foreign policy as of late and talking to our fellow nations instead of threatening them with war. However, his broken promises of restoring American civil liberties is too big to ignore. Embracing the Patriot Act, letting Bush era officials off the hook for torture, turning his back on the pro drug decrminalization crowd that so enthusiastically supported him, using the drug wars in Mexico to push forth his draconian gun control agenda, etc., are enough to qualify for HP.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »

I do admire him for having a humble foreign policy as of late and talking to our fellow nations instead of threatening them with war. However, his broken promises of restoring American civil liberties is too big to ignore. Embracing the Patriot Act, letting Bush era officials off the hook for torture, turning his back on the pro drug decrminalization crowd that so enthusiastically supported him, using the drug wars in Mexico to push forth his draconian gun control agenda, etc., are enough to qualify for HP.

What torture?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 03:26:36 PM »

What torture?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/16/politics/100days/main4950212.shtml
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »

What torture?

Not really.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 03:33:25 PM »

What torture?

Not really.

Saying CIA officials involved in waterboarding won't be prosecuted isn't letting them off the hook?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 03:35:27 PM »

What torture?

Not really.

Saying CIA officials involved in waterboarding won't be prosecuted isn't letting them off the hook?

To be "let off the hook" implies that something was done wrong in the first place.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

Neutral. If you asked me about a week ago, it would've been disapprove, but he's done little things.
CJK
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 04:56:46 PM »

Strongly disapprove over Iran, healthcare, and spending.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »

Somewhat approve.

I mostly agree on the big issues he has confronted, from shifting our foreign policy to working hard on saving our economy. While it is far too early to know whether these shifts will pay off in the end, I am confident that he is going in the right direction.

While, I am somewhat disappointed that smaller issues are being pushed to the wayside (DADT and immigration), I do understand that Congress can only do so much at one time. What I am more disappointed by is the failure of the administration to really hold Congressional Democrats together and sync their messages to push back against Republicans. They need to back up Obama on the issues, especially the popular ones like a public plan in health care. The attrition with Guantanemo was upsetting as well, especially because a proper PR campaign from Congress and the president could have won the day.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »

I have moved back to strongly approve, because of his measured and thoughtful response to both North Korea and Iran.  It doesn't look tough, I know.  But when people like Dick Lugar, George Will and John Warner are doffing their caps to you...it's not like you've gone over to the Bolsheviks.  ;-)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

I have moved back to strongly approve, because of his measured and thoughtful response to both North Korea and Iran.  It doesn't look tough, I know.  But when people like Dick Lugar, George Will and John Warner are doffing their caps to you...it's not like you've gone over to the Bolsheviks.  ;-)

For me the standard is Krauthammer and Wolfowitz. If they are yelling bloody murder you know what you're doing is spot on.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »

I like his foreign policy, but I am increasingly wary of his lack of movement on gay issues as well as presenting clear plans on many domestic issues.

Somewhat approve.

Though I hope he signs Jim Oberstar's $500 billion transportation bill into law.  It would set aside $50 billion for the development of numerous high speed rail corridors across the country as well as major investment into the repair of our highways and money for new construction.  It would create an estimated 3,000,000 jobs.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »

I had him at somewhat approve, but i'm going to vote strongly approve thanks to his response on Iran
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »

For me the standard is Krauthammer and Wolfowitz. If they are yelling bloody murder you know what you're doing is spot on.

Precisely.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 10:04:26 PM »

Between somewhat approve and strongly approved, but it's on an upward trajectory, I suppose.

Senate Democrats on the other hand...
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 10:06:55 PM »

Between somewhat approve and strongly approved, but it's on an upward trajectory, I suppose.

Don't get me started.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »

Don't get me started.

They're a bunch of hokes, and Reid is quite possibly the worst leader we could be stuck with. But the Senate would fight a little harder if Obama bothered to stick his nose into a debate, forcefully, for once. Senate Democrats have no courage partially because they have no proper leader.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »

Don't get me started.

They're a bunch of hokes, and Reid is quite possibly the worst leader we could be stuck with. But the Senate would fight a little harder if Obama bothered to stick his nose into a debate, forcefully, for once. Senate Democrats have no courage partially because they have no proper leader.

True, which was my earlier point. The WH needs a wing just to work with Congress on synching messages, pressuring members, etc.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »

I like his foreign policy, but I am increasingly wary of his lack of movement on gay issues as well as presenting clear plans on many domestic issues.

Somewhat approve.

Pretty much my opinion.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »

Strongly Disapprove. But I would probably say the same thing had McCain won.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »

Somewhat approve.

Pretty much my opinion.

And ditto.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 12:12:01 AM »

Bump to avoid declining turnout. So please vote.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009, 12:25:15 AM »

Strongly approve of this president. He's a rationalist on foreign policy and a pragmatist on domestic policy. Doing what is right and not necessarily popular like GM

Come on Dave, Obama's a lefty.
DariusNJ

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »

Somewhat approve.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies