Mark Sanford goes missing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:37:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mark Sanford goes missing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Mark Sanford goes missing  (Read 15391 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »

Is it okay to laugh at him while feeling terrible for his wife and children? The poor woman must have been worried sick when her husband took off without telling her where he was going, and I can't even imagine what it must have been like for her to find out that he was in Argentina banging another woman.

On the other hand, I feel his actions are worthy of ridicule and scorn.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 02:50:50 PM by Keystone Phil »

you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care. 

Well, you're also the type to think that any Republican will go down to Obama in 2012 so why not really dirty them up in the process?

This was Phil's response when I said he had an affair.  Will this a-hole shut the FU once and for all?  I've had enough of his crap and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Uh...what the hell does that prove? Wow. What a way to totally spin what was said!

I never said it wasn't an affair. I never took objection with your prediction of an affair. I said I had a problem with you taking pleasure in that potential fact and saying it was an affair because they want it to be true. Let's post the entire quote for everyone...

I really don't see any reason to believe this is an affair.

Could it be that certain people want it to be an affair? No, people aren't that nasty in politics...

That's not me denying it is an affair; that's me saying some people would hope for it because it would damage him in 2012 and people like Eraserhead (who said "How hard are Obama and Axelrod laughing right now?") proved it.

So will you shut the fuck up for once?
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:07 PM »

Yeah, real classy to cheer for a mans family being broken up. Jerkoff.

Hmm, why do I feel like you'd probably have a different reaction if this happened to a liberal?

Um, no fool.

Yeah, I'm sure you were real distressed over Clinton's family, jackass.

He didn't have to be distressed but that doesn't mean he was cheering and laughing about it, jackass.

I'm not laughing or cheering, you clown.

I never said you were.

I am... I am cheering and laughing. I think that its hilarious the double standard that exists among most Republicans (though not most on this board) that saying something and doing the opposite is not disqualifying for public office. If Sanford actually believed the dreck he was spewing about Christian values, he would not have abandoned his family (over father's day), his staff and his state to "break off" and affair with an Argentinian. Even if I credit him with infidelity as a human flaw, he could have ended the affair with a phone call or e-mail. No, he only cared about himself. He couldn't have given two spits less about his four boys, his wife, his devoted staff, and his responsibilites to the 601,868 South Carolinians who voted for him.

Now he's mournful, now he invokes Jesus' name. Bull. He is no Christian, he knew he was violating his vows, his role as a father, and his oath of office.

So I laugh. I laugh in the faces of those who wanted Clinton's head, but now shed a tear for this man's marriage. Clinton never went around preening about his family values. He might have been a cheat, but he was no hippocrite. This clown is both.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »

Huckabee
Romney
Palin
Pawlenty
Ensign
Gingrich*
Barbour
Sanford

*Past peccadilloes, been known for decades

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »

Hey, this is progress for the Republicans.  Two or three years ago we'd have been expecting the next Republican sex scandal to have involved a boy.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »

you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care. 

Well, you're also the type to think that any Republican will go down to Obama in 2012 so why not really dirty them up in the process?

This was Phil's response when I said he had an affair.  Will this a-hole shut the FU once and for all?  I've had enough of his crap and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Uh...what the hell does that prove?

I never said it wasn't an affair. I never took objection with your prediction of an affair. I said I had a problem with you taking pleasure in that potential fact and saying it was an affair because they want it to be true. Let's post the entire quote for everyone...

I really don't see any reason to believe this is an affair.

Could it be that certain people want it to be an affair? No, people aren't that nasty in politics...

My problem with you is that you implied something about me that isn't true.  So I'm glad you posted that quote just so that everyone can see why you're worthy of contempt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »

Yeah, real classy to cheer for a mans family being broken up. Jerkoff.

Hmm, why do I feel like you'd probably have a different reaction if this happened to a liberal?

Um, no fool.

Yeah, I'm sure you were real distressed over Clinton's family, jackass.

He didn't have to be distressed but that doesn't mean he was cheering and laughing about it, jackass.

I'm not laughing or cheering, you clown.

I never said you were.

I am... I am cheering and laughing. I think that its hilarious the double standard that exists among most Republicans (though not most on this board) that saying something and doing the opposite is not disqualifying for public office. If Sanford actually believed the dreck he was spewing about Christian values, he would not have abandoned his family (over father's day), his staff and his state to "break off" and affair with an Argentinian. Even if I credit him with infidelity as a human flaw, he could have ended the affair with a phone call or e-mail. No, he only cared about himself. He couldn't have given two spits less about his four boys, his wife, his devoted staff, and his responsibilites to the 601,868 South Carolinians who voted for him.

When did Sanford ever get preachy about this stuff? As I said elsewhere, he was always seen as more libertarian.

I'm not defending him at all. He's a fool. I don't like what he did. However, there's no double standard on my part. I want him to resign not because of the affair but because of the lie and neglecting his duties.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Christians don't make mistakes?

Clinton lied under oath. I don't take joy in what happened to his family just as I don't take joy in this but I feel that both should have been removed from office for their lies (and for neglecting duties as Sanford has).

And it's "hypocrite," my friend. And, again, I don't know that Sanford was ever the preachy type so stop beating that drum.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »

Hey, this is progress for the Republicans.  Two or three years ago we'd have been expecting the next Republican sex scandal to have involved a boy.

from what I can gather he never explicitly stated that the affair was with a woman.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 03:01:22 PM by Keystone Phil »

My problem with you is that you implied something about me that isn't true.  So I'm glad you posted that quote just so that everyone can see why you're worthy of contempt.

LOL

Why I'm worthy of contempt? Your posts here still don't prove that you weren't hoping for it to be a scandal so shut the fuck up. All I said was that some people might say it was an affair and hope it was true to damage him politically. You said you didn't care because he wouldn't win. I said some people might still want to see him as damaged as possible and the posts of some in this thread prove that.

You bumped those posts to make it seem like I said it wasn't an affair. Wrong. You bumped my posts and took them totally out of context. Don't lecture me about shutting up and how I'm worthy of contempt.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »

from what I can gather he never explicitly stated that the affair was with a woman.

Now that you mention it, that perma-tan is pretty suspicious.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2009, 03:02:51 PM »

Is it okay to laugh at him while feeling terrible for his wife and children? The poor woman must have been worried sick when her husband took off without telling her where he was going, and I can't even imagine what it must have been like for her to find out that he was in Argentina banging another woman.

On the other hand, I feel his actions are worthy of ridicule and scorn.
it sounds like he told his wife actually from the article im reading.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/25/us/25sanford.html?_r=1
"Only later did the governor reveal that he had told his wife and her parents several months earlier. He said that “in a formal sense,” he and his wife were not separated."

also im calling barbour having a gay sex affair with rush just to give everybody a nice image to think of.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »

Scratch an evangelical Republican politician, find a lying pervert. Such is life.

I think while Sanford may be boneheaded, he might be a little better at conducting an affair.

Guess not.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

Scratch an evangelical Republican politician, find a lying pervert. Such is life.

How in any way was Sanford an evangelical?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »

I'll say again that Sanford was known as a more libertarian Republican (he didn't emphasis social issues), not an evangelical type politician.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »

I don't have a problem with the affair, really, just that he is so horrible at it
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2009, 03:14:42 PM »

Are you kidding... He might not have been an evangelical? Half of his opening remarks were about faith and the lords laws, blah blah blah. Even if he didn't run on family values per se, he certainly was Jesusing it up today.

Also, I misspelled hypocrite a moment ago. I apologize to my wife, my cats, and the state of Wisconsin for my hasty typing and my mishandling of the English language, to which I owe so much.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2009, 03:16:14 PM »

Are you kidding... He might not have been an evangelical? Half of his opening remarks were about faith and the lords laws, blah blah blah. Even if he didn't run on family values per se, he certainly was Jesusing it up today.

Then that means he's just a phoney. He never really focused on that stuff before.

Tongue
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »

I'll say again that Sanford was known as a more libertarian Republican (he didn't emphasis social issues), not an evangelical type politician.

He wanted to have the (national) reputation of being focused on economic issues, but you better believe he ran on the typical Jesus Platform back in South Carolina.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »

Also, I misspelled hypocrite a moment ago. I apologize to my wife, my cats, and the state of Wisconsin for my hasty typing and my mishandling of the English language, to which I owe so much.

I'm sure this is not the first time you've apologized to your cats before.  Not to mention your wife.  And I'm sure the two are related.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »

Then that means he's just a phoney. He never really focused on that stuff before.

I don't think any politician in South Carolina, much more a Republican, can go very far without pandering the James Dobson crowd.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:58 PM »

Tongue

Oh Phil, you have been, and always will be, my favorite (R) on this board.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »

I'm sure this is not the first time you've apologized to your cats before.  Not to mention your wife.  And I'm sure the two are related.

I apologize to the cats fairly regularly... I have a habit of stepping on them. Plus, they are relentless grammar nazis.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »

I apologize to the cats fairly regularly... I have a habit of stepping on them. Plus, they are relentless grammar nazis.

I wouldn't worry about them being grammar nazis because they're just pussies when it comes to enforcement.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »

He wanted to have the (national) reputation of being focused on economic issues, but you better believe he ran on the typical Jesus Platform back in South Carolina.

lol

Even if Mark Sanford didn't campaign on Jesus stuff it doesn't void his hypocripsy.
Sanford libertarian? His voting record says differently: http://www.ontheissues.org/Mark_Sanford.htm
I'm sick and tired of Republicans thinking they can get away with labeling anybody libertarian.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »

Is his mistress Cristina Fernández de Kirchner?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies