Mark Sanford goes missing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:20:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mark Sanford goes missing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Sanford goes missing  (Read 15522 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: June 24, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »

Damn! I will be extremely dissapointed if Sanford doesn't run for president.
He sure has the potential to light up a contest expected to be full of old, white guys.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »

Yeah, real classy to cheer for a mans family being broken up. Jerkoff.

Hmm, why do I feel like you'd probably have a different reaction if this happened to a liberal?

Um, no fool.

Yeah, I'm sure you were real distressed over Clinton's family, jackass.

He didn't have to be distressed but that doesn't mean he was cheering and laughing about it, jackass.

This is really not the point. As I mentioned in the other Sanford thread when Spitzer got caught the NY Republicans vowed to impeach him if he didn't resign.

Now that Sanford says that he will stay put, what will be the reaction of their SC counterparts?
Let's not forget, we aren't talking here about Rockefeller Republicans/Northeastern RINOs here.
We are talking about the heart of the Bible Belt and the Family Values crowd.

P.S.

Hilarious.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:58:43 PM »

Hey, this is progress for the Republicans.  Two or three years ago we'd have been expecting the next Republican sex scandal to have involved a boy.

from what I can gather he never explicitly stated that the affair was with a woman.

Now that you mention it, that perma-tan is pretty suspicious.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »

Are you kidding... He might not have been an evangelical? Half of his opening remarks were about faith and the lords laws, blah blah blah. Even if he didn't run on family values per se, he certainly was Jesusing it up today.

Then that means he's just a phoney. He never really focused on that stuff before.

I don't think any politician in South Carolina, much more a Republican, can go very far without pandering the James Dobson crowd.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »

Michael Jackson being back in the news has helped Sanford quite a bit. I hear he's now asking critics, "What's wrong with sharing your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone...You're making this sexual. It's not sexual."

Do you get any more family values than that?

That woman must have been reeeeeally good. Look what else Mr. Fiscal Conservative did just to get near her:

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/27/747471/-Argentina-added-to-trade-mission-at-Sanfords-request
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies