Mark Sanford goes missing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:39:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mark Sanford goes missing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Sanford goes missing  (Read 15502 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 22, 2009, 08:23:55 PM »

SO WAS HE IN IOWA OR WAS IT NEW HAMPSHIRE?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Sanford's hike apparently coincided with a naked hike on Sunday. CNN just reported that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »

I really don't see any reason to believe this is an affair.

Could it be that certain people want it to be an affair? No, people aren't that nasty in politics...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »

you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care. 

Well, you're also the type to think that any Republican will go down to Obama in 2012 so why not really dirty them up in the process?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:59 PM »

you're being ridiculous... His political career will be over in 2010 anyway so why would I care. 

Well, you're also the type to think that any Republican will go down to Obama in 2012 so why not really dirty them up in the process?
you're still an ass I see.  Oh well

Convincing counter.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »

On a personal level, I think it's horrible that a man wouldn't let his family know where the hell he's going. He disappeared to South America (not even in the country, let alone the continent). You don't just do that without letting them know.

What makes this such an issue to me politically is that he didn't let anyone in the government know. The man runs a state. What if there was some emergency? Yeah, I know, he just wanted to get away and go somewhere where he wouldn't be recognized. That's great and all but you have responsibilities, Mark. We all do but being a Governor means a little more.

I'm disappointed.

By the way, what happened to the "hiking" excuse?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

Yeah, real classy to cheer for a mans family being broken up. Jerkoff.

Hmm, why do I feel like you'd probably have a different reaction if this happened to a liberal?

Um, no fool.

Yeah, I'm sure you were real distressed over Clinton's family, jackass.

He didn't have to be distressed but that doesn't mean he was cheering and laughing about it, jackass.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »

Hmm, why do I feel like you'd probably have a different reaction if this happened to a liberal?

Um, no fool.

He didn't have to be distressed but that doesn't mean he was cheering and laughing about it, jackass.

I'm not laughing or cheering, you clown.

I never said you were.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 02:22:31 PM »

Um, no fool.

This is really not the point. As I mentioned in the other Sanford thread when Spitzer got caught the NY Republicans vowed to impeach him if he didn't resign.

I think Sanford ought to resign as well but not because of an affair. I didn't think Clinton should have been impeached because of an affair either. Sanford ought to resign because he (or his office) lied about where he was and he left the state and the damn country without letting anyone know.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And as a social conservative, I don't believe people should have to resign because they make a mistake. I might not like the affair but that's not an impeachable offense. Spitzer should have been impeached (if he didn't resign) because he was frequenting a prostitute (just as I believe Vitter should have resigned and really ought to receive a primary challenge in 2010). Sanford should resign or be impeached because he lied and had total disregard for his duties as Governor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 02:50:50 PM by Keystone Phil »

This was Phil's response when I said he had an affair.  Will this a-hole shut the FU once and for all?  I've had enough of his crap and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Uh...what the hell does that prove? Wow. What a way to totally spin what was said!

I never said it wasn't an affair. I never took objection with your prediction of an affair. I said I had a problem with you taking pleasure in that potential fact and saying it was an affair because they want it to be true. Let's post the entire quote for everyone...

I really don't see any reason to believe this is an affair.

Could it be that certain people want it to be an affair? No, people aren't that nasty in politics...

That's not me denying it is an affair; that's me saying some people would hope for it because it would damage him in 2012 and people like Eraserhead (who said "How hard are Obama and Axelrod laughing right now?") proved it.

So will you shut the fuck up for once?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 02:55:50 PM »

Um, no fool.

I'm not laughing or cheering, you clown.

I never said you were.

I am... I am cheering and laughing. I think that its hilarious the double standard that exists among most Republicans (though not most on this board) that saying something and doing the opposite is not disqualifying for public office. If Sanford actually believed the dreck he was spewing about Christian values, he would not have abandoned his family (over father's day), his staff and his state to "break off" and affair with an Argentinian. Even if I credit him with infidelity as a human flaw, he could have ended the affair with a phone call or e-mail. No, he only cared about himself. He couldn't have given two spits less about his four boys, his wife, his devoted staff, and his responsibilites to the 601,868 South Carolinians who voted for him.

When did Sanford ever get preachy about this stuff? As I said elsewhere, he was always seen as more libertarian.

I'm not defending him at all. He's a fool. I don't like what he did. However, there's no double standard on my part. I want him to resign not because of the affair but because of the lie and neglecting his duties.

Christians don't make mistakes?

Clinton lied under oath. I don't take joy in what happened to his family just as I don't take joy in this but I feel that both should have been removed from office for their lies (and for neglecting duties as Sanford has).

And it's "hypocrite," my friend. And, again, I don't know that Sanford was ever the preachy type so stop beating that drum.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 03:01:22 PM by Keystone Phil »

My problem with you is that you implied something about me that isn't true.  So I'm glad you posted that quote just so that everyone can see why you're worthy of contempt.

LOL

Why I'm worthy of contempt? Your posts here still don't prove that you weren't hoping for it to be a scandal so shut the fuck up. All I said was that some people might say it was an affair and hope it was true to damage him politically. You said you didn't care because he wouldn't win. I said some people might still want to see him as damaged as possible and the posts of some in this thread prove that.

You bumped those posts to make it seem like I said it wasn't an affair. Wrong. You bumped my posts and took them totally out of context. Don't lecture me about shutting up and how I'm worthy of contempt.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:14 PM »

Scratch an evangelical Republican politician, find a lying pervert. Such is life.

I'll say again that Sanford was known as a more libertarian Republican (he didn't emphasis social issues), not an evangelical type politician.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 03:16:14 PM »

Are you kidding... He might not have been an evangelical? Half of his opening remarks were about faith and the lords laws, blah blah blah. Even if he didn't run on family values per se, he certainly was Jesusing it up today.

Then that means he's just a phoney. He never really focused on that stuff before.

Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »

Are you kidding... He might not have been an evangelical? Half of his opening remarks were about faith and the lords laws, blah blah blah. Even if he didn't run on family values per se, he certainly was Jesusing it up today.

Then that means he's just a phoney. He never really focused on that stuff before.

I don't think any politician in South Carolina, much more a Republican, can go very far without pandering the James Dobson crowd.

That doesn't prove anything.

How in any way was Sanford an evangelical?

I'll say again that Sanford was known as a more libertarian Republican (he didn't emphasis social issues), not an evangelical type politician.

He wanted to have the (national) reputation of being focused on economic issues, but you better believe he ran on the typical Jesus Platform back in South Carolina.

lol

Even if Mark Sanford didn't campaign on Jesus stuff it doesn't void his hypocripsy.
Sanford libertarian? His voting record says differently: http://www.ontheissues.org/Mark_Sanford.htm
I'm sick and tired of Republicans thinking they can get away with labeling anybody libertarian.

I didn't say he's not a hypocrite.  What I'm saying is that he focused more on fiscal issues than social issues.  And since when did libertarianism become about abortion and gay marriage?

Bingo

Also, Mechaman, you posted one quote from him about faith. I can find quotes from liberal Democrats about faith.

He wasn't focused on a "Jesus Platform" as Governor or even as a candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 03:41:48 PM »

Okay Keystone Phil, give me a quote from a liberal Democrat about living out his faith in his daily life and then having an affair. If you find me one who said something like Sanford said and who also had an affair, give me their name and I'll write hypocrite next to it.

Clinton never said anything about faith in his life? John Edwards? Come on, dude.

Sanford is a phoney because he's suddenly playing the faith card. He wasn't known for emphasizing it before. That's all I'm saying.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »

If an atheist politician did it, I wouldn't say anything. But these guys supposedly believe that it's immoral to cheat on their wives but they did anyway, therefore they're hypocrites even if they differ politically.

Uh, just for the record, atheists can think that adultery is immoral.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »

So, a Christian who sins is a hypocrite?

Please don't even try to engage someone on this. I tried earlier.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 11:50:09 AM »

Michael Jackson being back in the news has helped Sanford quite a bit. I hear he's now asking critics, "What's wrong with sharing your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone...You're making this sexual. It's not sexual."

Do you get any more family values than that?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies