Mark Sanford goes missing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:33:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mark Sanford goes missing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Sanford goes missing  (Read 15501 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 24, 2009, 02:33:44 PM »

Why do I see the Capitol Steps singing about this to the tune of Don't Cry for Me Argentina in the near future?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »

so is Governor Nimrata Haley a real possibility?

Governor Nikki Haley was never a possibility.  At most she'd have gained some name recognition and backing for a run for State Senator in 2012.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 08:51:05 PM »

Even if he doesn't resign, might Bauer's endorsement hold more weight than Sanford's at this point?

At this point endorsements don't matter at all; neither does Sanford.  Depends entirely on whether Bauer manages to win the Governor's race against McMaster and Barrett.  If Bauer loses, which I devoutly hope, he's toast and his endorsement is unlikely to sway anybody in 2012.  While he and Sanford have not gotten along well, both have used the same fresh young blood theme to their advantage, a theme I expect will not play well in 2010.

Bauer might be able to garner enough votes to make the runoff, but I don't think he'll win it, though he does possess the advantage that voters can be confident he won't cheat on his wife, since he doesn't have one while both McMaster and Barrett do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies