Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:38:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Which issue will hurt J.Kerry the most?  (Read 18782 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2004, 10:15:36 PM »

Come on Demos lets be Honest now! I know its hard to be! :-)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 10:22:28 PM »

Ok, your name is "StatesRights" and you have a quote from Gen. Lee.... why do I feel I should be worried about you Tongue

As long as you support states' rights when it comes to defining marriage....
SayNoToNader.com

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 10:30:17 PM »

"Being a N'Easterner" should say "Tax-achussettes"  Wink  I lived there for 2 years, won't make that mistake again, man they tax everything over there !!

Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 11:07:41 PM »

The only thing that's going to hurt John Kerry is him not being liberal enough.

The Democrats have a lot of work to do to regain the voters on the left who defected to Ralph Nader.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 11:11:15 PM »

Kerry is very liberal if he went more to the left it would hurt him not help him
kenhd
kendeome
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 02:28:32 AM »

What may hurt Kerry the most is the Pro Bush Bash Machine. If all IS fair then while Kerry attacks Bush he had better figure out how to counter that huge group of Conservative media, business and private pro-Bushers who are already doing their dirty work. If you doubt they exist, ask Al Gore about it.

It will once again be matter of what's wrong with the democratic candidate, rather than what's right with Bush. Good or bad, dirty or fair, right or wrong, win or lose, it worked before, and is definitely within that realm of politics considered good and effective politicizing.

Endurance in a fight is kind of important.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 04:59:06 AM »

What questionable Vietnam service?
I thought that Kerry was a war hero...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 10:18:21 AM »

What questionable Vietnam service?
I thought that Kerry was a war hero...

I recieved an email about it but I have since lost it. I can give you a basic run down.

Spent 4 months in Vietnam. Earned a Bronze Star, Silver Star, Three Purple Hearts. Asked to go home for the last 8 months of his tour. Says he was wounded in the leg but was never seen walking with any limp. Was on a river boat and was under attack by the enemy with a RPG, they used a .50 Caliber on him and Kerry Claims after two shots with a .50 caliber the enemy got back up, so they beached the boat and he hopped off and killed the guy. This story sounds fantastic just typing it out. If anyone can prove that someone can get hit with a .50 caliber round and get up I'd like to hear from them. I am working on digging up the email and I will post it when I get it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 10:33:06 AM »

Y'know most people don't care what a conspiriocy-theorist whako makes up about Kerry.
Mr. Fresh
faulfrisch
United States
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 10:56:59 AM »

Y'know most people don't care what a conspiriocy-theorist whako makes up about Kerry.

One could say the same about Bush bashing peeps.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 11:04:41 AM »

Oh I do (the conspiriocy theorist ones that is).
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 11:29:32 AM »

Umm ... 3 things ...

(1) The "Jane Fonda" picture was proven to be false.  Even still, should we dig around to see if we can find a picture of Ronald Reagan with Jane Fonda and then crucify him?  I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

(2) Questionable Vietnam service?  The guy is a decorated war hero.  The guys who served with him have come out and said as much.  If you want to blast him for requesting he be sent home after being wounded then shouldn't you also blast Bush for asking to be transfered to Florida and Alabama while in the Guard so he could work on election campaigns??

(3) I know his being from the Northeast is a negative.  But the thing I've always wondered is why are the folks from the South so biased against folks from the Northeast?  Northern voters have no bias against Southern, Central, or Western candidates.  There is no Western or Central bias against anyone.  Seriously, someone from the South please explain this attitude problem.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 01:19:41 PM »

(3) I know his being from the Northeast is a negative.  But the thing I've always wondered is why are the folks from the South so biased against folks from the Northeast?  Northern voters have no bias against Southern, Central, or Western candidates.  There is no Western or Central bias against anyone.  Seriously, someone from the South please explain this attitude problem.

You won, they lost. It's as simple as that.

I voted taxes, since Kerry will have to run on economy and needs to win middle-class voters.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 01:24:51 PM »

Gay Marriage will hurt him most..  but it wasn't on the list.
MarkDel

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 01:39:11 PM »

Gustaf,

I'm afraid it's nowhere near that simple. As someone who was born and raised in New York and now lives in the South, I can tell you that it's a very complicated issue.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 02:04:01 PM »

Gustaf,

I'm afraid it's nowhere near that simple. As someone who was born and raised in New York and now lives in the South, I can tell you that it's a very complicated issue.

OK, sorry, I know it was a bit of an exaggeration. I didn't mean that the reason for South-Northeast tension is that simple, but the reason for the South being more anti-North than the other way around comes from being underdogs, etc. That's my theory, anyway. If you have a better one, please. Smiley
MarkDel

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 03:28:49 PM »

Gustaf,

As someone who has lived in both places, I can tell you that the North is perhaps more anti-South than vice versa...they just do it in a more subtle, condescending fashion.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 03:44:26 PM »

Gustaf,

As someone who has lived in both places, I can tell you that the North is perhaps more anti-South than vice versa...they just do it in a more subtle, condescending fashion.

OK, but I think we're talking of slightly different things here. It's like Finland and Sweden, when we meet each other in sports it's a lot of prestige involved and fierce competition. If Sweden gets knocked out most Swedes will root for Finland, but if it's the other way around most Finns will never, ever cheer on Sweden. It's gotten better in recent years, but is still mostly true. It's the same reason of being the under-dog.
zachman

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 04:53:51 PM »

Its not on the list but being undecisive. His responses seem to incorporate all sides, and do not give a final conclusion.

I hope that Kerry can switch from a Bush-basher to a reform oppurtunity democrat. He is as angry as Dean but without the media criticism.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 05:09:31 PM »

His anti-defense Senate voting record.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 05:29:53 PM »

Gustaf,

I cannot disagree more.

I'm a consultant, I travel a lot for work and I work with other traveling consultants.

While it is true that in the North people are generally colder/ruder than in the South .... they are rude to everyone.  In the South there is a "you no good Yankee" attitude.  Heck, I got pulled over in TX doing 52 in a 45 and was told "we don't need you Yankees coming down here flying all over the place".

Not only that, but there is no Northern voting bias.  You don't hear people saying "oh ... no one in the North will vote for Clinton/Gore/Bush because they are from the South".  But you have heard the opposite said of Dean, Kerry, and others.

I'm sorry, but in my experience the North is indifferent to the South whereas the South seems to resent the North.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 08:02:40 PM »

Region, it is hard to win as a Dem from Mass.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2004, 01:45:56 AM »

Umm ... 3 things ...

(1) The "Jane Fonda" picture was proven to be false.  Even still, should we dig around to see if we can find a picture of Ronald Reagan with Jane Fonda and then crucify him?  I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Go to snopes.com. You are correct ONE of the Kerry with Fonda photos is false but their is another one of them at a rally together which is proven fact. The only are referring to is of them on a stage or something shaking hands. Check out the photo section of Snopes.com
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2004, 09:50:33 AM »

Umm ... 3 things ...

Go to snopes.com. You are correct ONE of the Kerry with Fonda photos is false but their is another one of them at a rally together which is proven fact. The only are referring to is of them on a stage or something shaking hands. Check out the photo section of Snopes.com
OMG ... he's seated 3-4 rows behind her in a crowd!  Saying that this is political kryptonite is ridiculous!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2004, 10:33:32 AM »

If I was Kerry I would worry about it. Stamping your medals into the dirt and hanging with Hanoi Jane. Something to be real proud of. I'm not worried though Bush will be re-elected, Democrats senators are saying that too! LoL What hope for the Democrats this year. Sen. Zel Miller and Dick Morris both were saying Kerry is a weak candidate and is going to get hammered on the National Security front. John "Walter Mondale" Kerry will lose, Bush will win 58% etch it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies