NWA Polling & Research Co. XVIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:52:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NWA Polling & Research Co. XVIII
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which legislation currently being debating on the Senate floor do you support?
Income Tax Reduction Bill 2009

School Standards Reform Bill

Atlasian National Healthcare Bill

2009 Atlasian Relief and Recovery Bill

None of the Above

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: NWA Polling & Research Co. XVIII  (Read 1141 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »

Income Tax Reduction Bill 2009
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=100297.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=100236.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=99368.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=98994.0
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »

I support:

I'd like to see the tax bill reformed before I support it. But it's on the right track! Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »

I support the Income Tax Reduction Bill 2009, oppose the others.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 07:22:22 PM »

I support the Income Tax Reduction Bill 2009, oppose the others.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 07:23:26 PM »

Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »

I oppose all of the bills.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

Healthcare & the stimulus.

I guess I don't have a problem with the income tax bill but don't really see its necessity.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:05:58 PM »

Health Care and the Recovery Act. I'm neutral on the School Standards bill.

I oppose the Income Tax cut, for reasons explained on the Senate floor:

With all the stimulus money going out soon and operating in the debt that we are (according to the GM, although exact figures not yet available), do we want to be reducing taxes? If we want to do this I would at least like to cut some unnecessary spending.

The "stimulus" has not passed yet. Plus, wouldn't it help the economy more to lower taxes?

Nope.

I oppose this. At first I thought I would support it, but after given it more thought, this doesn't really have a major effect on individuals. Saving individuals a handful of money has no serious effect on the economy and while, combined, it substantially reduces revenue into the government.

There's no evidence that such a tiny tax cut will do anything to seriously impact the economy in a positive way, and no evidence that, given any money at all, people actually spend it on useful things.

Things is a shortsighted bill that I, unfortunately must oppose.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:45:10 PM »

I support only the School Standards Bill.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:21 PM »

All of them, although the income tax bill will hopefully include some amendments to cut spending before all is said and done.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »

All of them, although the income tax bill will hopefully include some amendments to cut spending before all is said and done.

What point is there to cut taxes, by a minuscule amount, on the bottom bracket? It doesn't give them any substantial amount of money, there's no evidence that tax cuts of this sort do any good for the economy, and it deprives the government of much needed revenue. It's a tax cut for the sake of cutting taxes.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »

What point is there to cut taxes, by a minuscule amount, on the bottom bracket? It doesn't give them any substantial amount of money, there's no evidence that tax cuts of this sort do any good for the economy, and it deprives the government of much needed revenue. It's a tax cut for the sake of cutting taxes.

Cutting spending will take more away from the poor than they will get back with these unnecessary tax cuts.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:40:58 PM »

Cutting spending will take more away from the poor than they will get back with these unnecessary tax cuts.

An excellent point, as well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »

Yes, yes. I thought about it and commented in the bill thread in the Government Board. Now I see this and you all basically said what I said in that post. So we all agree. I will likely be opposing the income tax bill.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »

Yes, yes. I thought about it and commented in the bill thread in the Government Board. Now I see this and you all basically said what I said in that post. So we all agree. I will likely be opposing the income tax bill.

Thank you,, PS.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:26 PM »

Thank you,, PS.

Sure thing. I had already voiced skepticism and seeing the other comments in that thread, as well as thinking about basic economics, I realized there was no reason to pass the bill at this time.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 10:31:56 PM »

All except the income tax reduction bill.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies