Why did America age backwards the last 20 years?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:00:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why did America age backwards the last 20 years?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why did America age backwards the last 20 years?  (Read 8329 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »

*sigh*

Naso, the median age now is much higher. That's because the Baby Boomers and Gen Xers are aging. If you bothered to look at the census you would see that the country is aging even with the high amount of people born in the 1980s. If it seems that the media focuses more on young people it's because those are the biggest consumers, although if you look at commercials lately you'll notice that a lot of the products are obviously geared towards middle aged people.

paradoxically, I think that's why society has begun to idolize youth so much more.

It's just...I have been trying to figure out. It's universally known that Obama has done some things that Americans strongly disagree with. Even at my college, the majority of people were critical of him. Yet, polls show most Americans approve. Who are they?

There's an argument to be made that Obama is still enjoying a "honeymoon" period in his presidency. Why? The media coverage has been far more favorable of him (which, by most accounts, is unfair), he rarely makes a gaffe or makes himself look stupid, he has a very organized political organization, his predecessor had very low approvals, he's reached out to minorities, and people are more forgiving because he has to deal with an economic crisis.

I suspect the honeymoon affect, or whatever you want to call it, will disappear as the healthcare debate heats up.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »

It's universally known that Obama has done some things that Americans strongly disagree with. Even at my college, the majority of people were critical of him. Yet, polls show most Americans approve.

See: Reagan.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »

There is a tropical depression somewhere just screaming for your attention.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »

It's universally known that Obama has done some things that Americans strongly disagree with. Even at my college, the majority of people were critical of him. Yet, polls show most Americans approve.

A "majority of people" are critical of him. Thanks, NASO Opinion Institute.

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 12:26:51 AM »

See: Reagan.

Yes, more people approve of Obama personally than his policies.  I look forward to the day when his policies enjoy 35% support and he personally enjoys 42% supports. Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »

I look forward to the day when his policies enjoy 35% support and he personally enjoys 42% supports. Tongue

Well of course you would look forward to that.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 01:44:39 AM »

I actually like that Victoria's Secret ad more than the 1980s Maidenform one. But to each his own.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 01:46:24 AM »

I actually like that Victoria's Secret ad more than the 1980s Maidenform one. But to each his own.

I'm pretty confident that Naso is the only person in this thread who prefers the '80s ad.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 01:52:17 AM »

I'm pretty confident that Naso is the only person in this thread who prefers the '80s ad.

^^^^^
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 01:53:19 AM »

^^^^^

Is the model Miranda Kerr btw? She's pretty hot, wonder what her ethnic background is.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »

^^^^^

Is the model Miranda Kerr btw? She's pretty hot, wonder what her ethnic background is.

All I've got to say is:
Damn! I'd hit that!

But the other chick who looks pretty bangable too though Wink
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 10:06:22 AM »

I agree!  I never knew much about bras, but recently when back in the US for a visit I bought a couple of things at Victoria's Secret for a favorite of mine.  This girl is 19, incredibly cute, very slim by Western standards but with a bit of ass by Thai standards, and with huge boobs for a young Thai girl - she told me her size was 34C. 

So I bought this push up bra and some little bikini type shorts sort of like those in Naso's pic.  The bra turned out to be a bit too tight, but the panties were adorable on her.  Somehow the push-up bra ruined the line of her breasts - which are normally so naturally gravity defying.  I guess bras are necessary when the girl is B or more, but you're right, its much sexier to get it off asap.

Alas the really tragic news, and perhaps indicative of the rapidly aging Thai society, is that this favorite has since took herself to Bangkok to work in one of the very upscale soapies on Ratchadapisek!  Up here I was getting her services (taking her out of the kareoke) for about $48 all in, for a 'short time'.  Down there she'll get more like $80-100 per session, and get more sessions per day.  Now, as I said she's very cute, but 20 years ago the high-end places wouldn't have been so desperate to hire such as she... nowadays there is such a dearth of youth and beauty that she can write her own ticket.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 11:19:15 AM »

After having googled that name... yes. She's Australian. And 26 (today. 23 when she started advertising for that company.) It's not at all clear that the woman in the Maidenform ad (she's pretty too) is that old.

J-Mann
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »

I agree!  I never knew much about bras, but recently when back in the US for a visit I bought a couple of things at Victoria's Secret for a favorite of mine.  This girl is 19, incredibly cute, very slim by Western standards but with a bit of ass by Thai standards, and with huge boobs for a young Thai girl - she told me her size was 34C. 

So I bought this push up bra and some little bikini type shorts sort of like those in Naso's pic.  The bra turned out to be a bit too tight, but the panties were adorable on her.  Somehow the push-up bra ruined the line of her breasts - which are normally so naturally gravity defying.  I guess bras are necessary when the girl is B or more, but you're right, its much sexier to get it off asap.

Alas the really tragic news, and perhaps indicative of the rapidly aging Thai society, is that this favorite has since took herself to Bangkok to work in one of the very upscale soapies on Ratchadapisek!  Up here I was getting her services (taking her out of the kareoke) for about $48 all in, for a 'short time'.  Down there she'll get more like $80-100 per session, and get more sessions per day.  Now, as I said she's very cute, but 20 years ago the high-end places wouldn't have been so desperate to hire such as she... nowadays there is such a dearth of youth and beauty that she can write her own ticket.

I've missed you Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:41 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length