Sanford Admits Affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:29:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sanford Admits Affair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Sanford Admits Affair  (Read 23511 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »

Katie Couric =Epic Fail

Describes Sanford as "rising" Republican star.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »

Should he resign, then we will get Gov. Andre Bauer. I wonder how much this shakes up the race in 2010. No way that Indian women wins now, she would have relied on Sanford to get her through the primary with him gone or at least politically impotent, she has no chance.

I hope he stays in office.  No way do I want Andre Bauer as Governor.  Even Steven Colbert would be better.

What's wrong with this guy?

Bauer is a showboater with a sense of entitlement (for example, he saw nothing wrong as Lt. Gov. with speeding at over 100mph an interstate and trying over a state-issued radio to get the trooper flashing his blue lights behind him to just let him go on his way) whose sole demonstrated political skill and apparently his sole political value is that he is a good campaigner. I've despised him since even before he became Lt. Gov since I had the misfortune to have him as my State Senator.  (He never even completed a full term as Senator before running for Lt. Gov.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

Give Elliot Spitzer some credit too:

It doesn't count when you have to pay.

Yeah, exactly but she is hot.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »

They're revealing the e-mails between the Governor and his mistress. Come on guys, isn't that too much?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »

Should he resign, then we will get Gov. Andre Bauer. I wonder how much this shakes up the race in 2010. No way that Indian women wins now, she would have relied on Sanford to get her through the primary with him gone or at least politically impotent, she has no chance.

I hope he stays in office.  No way do I want Andre Bauer as Governor.  Even Steven Colbert would be better.

What's wrong with this guy?

Bauer is a showboater with a sense of entitlement (for example, he saw nothing wrong as Lt. Gov. with speeding at over 100mph an interstate and trying over a state-issued radio to get the trooper flashing his blue lights behind him to just let him go on his way) whose sole demonstrated political skill and apparently his sole political value is that he is a good campaigner. I've despised him since even before he became Lt. Gov since I had the misfortune to have him as my State Senator.  (He never even completed a full term as Senator before running for Lt. Gov.)

Sounds like a certain Vice-Presidential candidate from a non-contiguous state.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2009, 05:44:13 PM »

They're revealing the e-mails between the Governor and his mistress. Come on guys, isn't that too much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7GNzzIVIo
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »

Here are some excerpts from Sanford's e-mails:

http://www.thestate.com/sanford/story/839350.html

You have a particular grace and calm that I adore. You have a level of sophistication that so fitting with your beauty. I could digress and say that you have the ability to give magnificent gentle kisses, or that I love your tan lines or that I love the curve of your hips, the erotic beauty of you holding yourself (or two magnificent parts of yourself) in the faded glow of the night’s light - but hey, that would be going into sexual details ...

Tongue
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »

Indeed. I was hoping for a much juicier scandal when it emerged he was actually in Argentina, not Appalachia.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »

all the hypocrisy aside on the governor's part, what he is putting his family through and what he did to the state of South Carolina by leaving without letting anyone know makes him a piece of trash.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22:25 PM »

what he did to the state of South Carolina by leaving without letting anyone know makes him a piece of trash.

That's kind of extreme, however I will agree with you that he was negligent.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »

Now the networks are airing clips of Congressman Sanford pontificating about family values and naughty Democrats.  This can't help but reinforce the moral bankruptcy of the so called "pro-family" bloc.

Democrats and liberals are just as prone to affairs, of course.  But they don't make a point of campaigning on issues of "old fashioned morality" and defending the "sanctity of traditional marriage".

I'm still quite saddened by all this -- particularly for Sanford's wife and children.  But if there ever were a reason for the GOP to drop the "sanctity of traditional marriage" message, this is probably it.  There are still plenty of traditionally conservative issues -- abortion, taxes, defense, etc. that they can campaign on.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 11:34:16 PM »

Yeah Eraser, its great to take things out of context!

Sure, sure. lolz.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2009, 11:37:39 AM »

Of course she was only Argentinian and thus probably White and not really what I had in mind typing that. Sad
Senator Robert A. Taft
Mr. Republican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »

Well, this is terribly disappointing.  I had looked forward to supporting him, and now he absolutely will not run.  It's also sad that yet another person who preached family values has been caught having an affair.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »

Some gossip shows here (dubious sources though, nobody should take them that seriously Tongue) say that he was with Karina Jelinek, an argie model.

http://images.google.com.ar/images?hl=es&q=karina%20jelinek&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Let's give the guy some credit. He has waaaaaay better taste in women than Bill Clinton.

Tongue

Thumbs up
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »

I'm dissapointed Sanford didn't do her instead Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

Sanford returns to Sullivans Island home.

We'll see what happens next.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »

Now the networks are airing clips of Congressman Sanford pontificating about family values and naughty Democrats.  This can't help but reinforce the moral bankruptcy of the so called "pro-family" bloc.

Democrats and liberals are just as prone to affairs, of course.  But they don't make a point of campaigning on issues of "old fashioned morality" and defending the "sanctity of traditional marriage".

I'm still quite saddened by all this -- particularly for Sanford's wife and children.  But if there ever were a reason for the GOP to drop the "sanctity of traditional marriage" message, this is probably it.  There are still plenty of traditionally conservative issues -- abortion, taxes, defense, etc. that they can campaign on.

So because immorality is rampant, we're supposed to stop talking about it?  What about the 90% of other pro-family politicians who don't screw around?  Just because some people are hypocrites, does that make the message invalid?

Well, you might want to make sure you choose spokesmen who DON'T stick their dicks in anything with a pulse before they get out front and center.  As conservative as he is, I have never heard Thad Cochran lecture anyone about sexual no-no's.  Perhaps you should start with him.  Because the rest of them, if you can keep track of them as they go by, are complete failures.  They either have sex scandals of their own...are as stupid as a box of hammers...or moonbat crazy.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

Thank goodness we had this guy fighting for the sanctity of marriage. Like Ensign, only even more sanctimonious.

Unto all the Sanfords in the world:

New rule: If you're having an affair on your spouse, you have zero grounds to oppose gay marriage. There are millions of gays and lesbians who've maintained long term, loving monogamous relationships, and they know far more than you about maintaining a marriage.

Y'know what? Let's extend this rule. If you're divorced, unless you can with a clear conscience believe you had no hand in your marriage's breakup (e.g. ex was abusive, serially promiscuous, etc), you have no right to oppose gay marriage either. If you couldn't do it right, what right do you have denying that right to millions of stable homosexual relationships that truly will be until death do we part?

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2009, 05:07:06 PM »

While we're at it, anyone want to guess as to what he said as a congressman during the Lewinsky scandal?

"I'll take 'hypocritical asshats' for 500, Alex..."
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2009, 05:30:25 PM »

As much as social conservatives having fairs is lulzy, I think I'll have a heartattack if either Tom Coburn or Jim Inhofe are revealed to be having affairs. Especially Inhofe:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44:23 PM »

As much as social conservatives having fairs is lulzy, I think I'll have a heartattack if either Tom Coburn or Jim Inhofe are revealed to be having affairs. Especially Inhofe:

I'd be more shocked to discover that Inhofe was actually literate.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2009, 05:48:46 PM »

Truly one of the lowest points in the history of the US Senate.
It's up (or down?) there with Charles Sumner's beating.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2009, 06:03:03 PM »

And to think this guy represents me in the US Senate.....truly disgusting. Hell, he's even from the same city (Tulsa). Now does everyone know why I'm so anti-social conservative?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »

And to think this guy represents me in the US Senate.....truly disgusting. Hell, he's even from the same city (Tulsa). Now does everyone know why I'm so anti-social conservative?

Mechman, I thought it was because you graduated from ORU.   ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies