Sanford Admits Affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:51:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sanford Admits Affair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Sanford Admits Affair  (Read 23422 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »

Sanford had a political future?  When I watched him, I never thought so.

Amazing how you always say this type of stuff right after major bad news comes out about the potential candidate (Sanford and Ensign).  Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 02:40:57 PM »

Of course, now...
I never watched him. You automatically know more than me just by watching American television. (shrugs)

What do you expect? All the Latin girls are great. Cheesy
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »

If she was remotely close to that, then I endorse him:

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »

I concur wholeheartedly Cheesy
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »

Amazing how you always say this type of stuff right after major bad news comes out about the potential candidate (Sanford and Ensign).  Tongue

I'm almost certain that I have said it before about Sanford on this forum - a couple of times actually.  If not, it's another forum I've posted this on and my memory is really starting to go.  Tongue

Sanford put me to sleep whenever he talked and SC Senators are elected for life, so...

About Ensign, I've never posted it, but I've always felt it.  Of course, you know that I don't go play around in the 2012 theoreticals very often because it's a waste of my time and yours too, so it was never posted publicly...

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 03:04:59 PM »

About Ensign, I've never posted it, but I've always felt it. 

You posted something about how he never had a chance in the U.S. General Discussion thread on the subject.  Wink
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »

You posted something about how he never had a chance in the U.S. General Discussion thread on the subject.  Wink

Funny.  You know what I meant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »

Funny.  You know what I meant.

Wait, what? I thought you meant that you never said Ensign never had a chance. I saw that you did in a U.S. General Discussion thread.  Tongue
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »

He will resign as chairman of the Republican Governors Association but will remain governor.

Family Values my ass!!!

Did Sanford ever really campaign on "Family Values?" He always came across as more focused on his libertarian streak.

By the way, I do think he ought to resign only because he left the state without letting a damn person know. There is no excuse for that.

Strongly against Gay Marriage and Gay adoption as well
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »

He will resign as chairman of the Republican Governors Association but will remain governor.

Family Values my ass!!!

Did Sanford ever really campaign on "Family Values?" He always came across as more focused on his libertarian streak.

By the way, I do think he ought to resign only because he left the state without letting a damn person know. There is no excuse for that.

We must protect the sanctity of Sanford's affair.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

Terrible shame.  He should probably resign, given what he did to the State.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

this is quite sad. here i was hoping he was just a little on the off side, i hate too see someone end up having an affair.

You and JS are two of the few lefties on here to have some class about the situation.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »

Family Values my ass!!!

My question still stands.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 03:33:07 PM »

this is quite sad. here i was hoping he was just a little on the off side, i hate too see someone end up having an affair.

You and JS are two of the few lefties on here to have some class about the situation.

Yeah, just like you had some 'class' when the John Edwards affair broke. (I invite you to look through the thread from August last year.)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »

^ Just to quote it before he gets a chance to delete it:

Why all the Enquirer hate around here? That stuff is hilarious!

Well I guess John Edwards is really living up to his "Two Americas" saying.

Here he is gloating:

The Enquirer has tried running this story before, it's never gotten anywhere. Trash this like you would an ARG poll

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.

National Enquirer + Internet blogs + Edward's various political enemies, does not equal a believable story.

Seriously? The National Enquirer? Seriously?

Grin

As a general rule, when sleaze rags start getting very specific about details they probably aren't making the whole thing up.

Smiley Thx, Al.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:16 PM »

Should he resign, then we will get Gov. Andre Bauer. I wonder how much this shakes up the race in 2010. No way that Indian women wins now, she would have relied on Sanford to get her through the primary with him gone or at least politically impotent, she has no chance.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »

Not quite the same Bgwah. What the hell does me saying the Enquirer is hilarious have to do with anything? But as we know already you're a proven liar who misrepresents people.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

Some gossip shows here (dubious sources though, nobody should take them that seriously Tongue) say that he was with Karina Jelinek, an argie model.

http://images.google.com.ar/images?hl=es&q=karina%20jelinek&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2009, 03:47:03 PM »

Not quite the same Bgwah. What the hell does me saying the Enquirer is hilarious have to do with anything?

I can tell you're embarrassed. It really is fun showing what a disgusting hypocrite you are.

Yeah, States, only two leftists have class? You must have a pretty narrow definition of class if that's the case, and I highly doubt your comments fall into it. Additionally, you only responded to one of your quotes. You ignore that you felt it was okay to joke about it and that you felt it was okay to gloat when it turned out that the story was true.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the demented fantasy world you reside in, perhaps.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009, 03:47:39 PM »

Excuse me?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 03:52:25 PM »

Not quite the same Bgwah. What the hell does me saying the Enquirer is hilarious have to do with anything?

I can tell you're embarrassed. It really is fun showing what a disgusting hypocrite you are.

Yeah, States, only two leftists have class? You must have a pretty narrow definition of class if that's the case, and I highly doubt your comments fall into it. Additionally, you only responded to one of your quotes. You ignore that you felt it was okay to joke about it and that you felt it was okay to gloat when it turned out that the story was true.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In the demented fantasy world you reside in, perhaps.

Dude, I never said I hoped Edwards would have an affair like some here were saying about Sanford. Why don't you call them out for that or is it ok for you? I found it amusing that people were bashing the National Enquirer and they actually hit the nail on the head, that's what I found funny. You're somewhat right about the Two Americas joke, I'll give you that. Your point would have more validity if I had said "OMG I hope Edwards is having an affair, that would be hilarious'.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 03:58:47 PM »

^ Just to quote it before he gets a chance to delete it:

Why all the Enquirer hate around here? That stuff is hilarious!

Well I guess John Edwards is really living up to his "Two Americas" saying.

Here he is gloating:

The Enquirer has tried running this story before, it's never gotten anywhere. Trash this like you would an ARG poll

Hmm...a paper that preys upon people at the bottom of the economic spectrum going after a candidate that pushes policies most beneficial to them...so surprised.  At least he's getting some attn. from the "liberal" media, unlike those politicians from each party that were rated most favorably by corporate America.

National Enquirer + Internet blogs + Edward's various political enemies, does not equal a believable story.

Seriously? The National Enquirer? Seriously?

Grin

As a general rule, when sleaze rags start getting very specific about details they probably aren't making the whole thing up.

Smiley Thx, Al.

I figured as much.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »

Some gossip shows here (dubious sources though, nobody should take them that seriously Tongue) say that he was with Karina Jelinek, an argie model.

http://images.google.com.ar/images?hl=es&q=karina%20jelinek&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Let's give the guy some credit. He has waaaaaay better taste in women than Bill Clinton.

Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »

Yeah Eraser, its great to take things out of context!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »

This is even going to be on our local 5 o'clock news.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies