Is there a Democratic plot to destroy the careers of 2012 Presidential candidate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:11:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is there a Democratic plot to destroy the careers of 2012 Presidential candidate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Is there a Democratic plot to destroy the careers of 2012 Presidential candidate  (Read 6049 times)
aaaa2222
yoman82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

Huckabee would have no chance aganist Obama because of his extreme social conservative views. Also, what if Romney shocks everyone and decides NOT to run, or there's another big scandal which involves him before 2012?

Three words.

Ron Paul Revolution.

Cheesy

In that case, Tancredo wins the nomination with a 50 state sweep.

Huckabee would have no chance aganist Obama because of his extreme social conservative views. Also, what if Romney shocks everyone and decides NOT to run, or there's another big scandal which involves him before 2012?

Three words.

Ron Paul Revolution.

Cheesy

Yeah but I don't think it'll actually be Ron Paul running (he's quite old and comes across as crazy). Now Gary Johnson, with Sanford gone and not able to bastardize the Liberty movement he seems the most likely. Oh, and he's single, so if the evil conspirators want to take him down get him hooked on heroin or take a picture of him banging a goat.

Ron Paul is a disgrace to libertarian leaners (imo). He's getting the ideology associated with racists, 9-11 truthers, and Texas rednecks.

Anyway, they could paint Gary Johnson as gay because he's not married. I will say this, Johnson is probably one of the strongest potential candidates in 2012 (though I don't know if he will run).

Hey I don't like Ron Paul either. In fact I would love to have Gary Johnson take over the so-called "Revolution" so he can make it actually libertarian.

It does piss me off that Ron Paul has bastardized the libertarian movement, I was just weighing in and saying I'm happy he's getting older and crazier because now actual libertarians may lead the whole Liberty movement. I don't know how many times I've had to clarify this position already.

Plus, how does the 'gay' part even work? He's divorced and his wife died from cancer.....oh my god. They can somehow link his divorce with her dying of cancer! Damn it!
I digress. Ron Paul has been a heavy campaigner for small government and human rights. While he may come off as somewhat erratic, he really is a supporter of liberty, as is Gary Johnson. I would be happy with either as the nominee.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »

Ron Paul is nothing more than a far-right typical Texas Republican imo. He voted for the DOMA, Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act (or whatever it was called), DC Gay Adoption Ban Act, he supports DADT, and is pro-sodomy law.

The true libertarians are people like Wayne Root, Ross Perot, Barry Goldwater etc.

Anyway, what about Fred Thompson?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »

LOL.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

This thread title makes me laugh.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »

There isn't a sinister plot at hand, but it does lend credence to my hunch that a dark horse will win the 2012 GOP nomination.

(that is to say, a dark horse from the public's point of view, like Thune or Pence).
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 04:36:33 PM »

Ron Paul is nothing more than a far-right typical Texas Republican imo. He voted for the DOMA, Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act (or whatever it was called), DC Gay Adoption Ban Act, he supports DADT, and is pro-sodomy law.

The true libertarians are people like Wayne Root, Ross Perot, Barry Goldwater etc.

Lol, don't make me laugh swan.

Ross Perot? He may be a centrist but he's no libertarian. A true libertarian wouldn't be a firm believer in protectionism, would he? Would a true libertarian support expansion of the War on Drugs? Stop making me laugh........
He did have an awesome campaign though.

Barry Goldwater?! Please, he wanted a more aggressive foreign policy stance against China and Russia! Hell he even talked using the bomb in Vietnam! I really do hate to nitpick but a huge military industrial complex kind of defeats the purpose of libertarian government.

Wayne Root, he might have IT. But we'll have to see next time he runs for president or political office.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »

Anyway, what about Fred Thompson?

The new Alf Landon.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »

The local politician who introduced him in the town of Council Bluffs fumbled nervously with his notes and told bemused onlookers that the candidate - "Senator Fred Roberts of Tennessee" - first ran for Congress in 1944.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 05:43:53 PM »

Yep,definitely the Democrats' fault if those two nominees(?) were unloyal and wanted to  new women.Definitely.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »

LOL!!!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/06/limbaugh-on-the-sanford-affair-its-obamas-fault.php
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »

They're good enough at destroying their own careers....they don't need the Democrats for that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »

The Republicans clearly plotted to have a story to bump Sanford's scandal out of the news. They killed Michael.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »

Is there a Democratic plot to destroy the careers of Republican 2012 Presidential candidates.

No

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If anyone is to blame, suggest you apportion it to Sen. Ensign and Gov. Sanford. The Seventh Commandment is not that difficult to abide by Wink

LOL Grin

And the same story:

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/06/26/rush-limbaugh-its-obamas-fault-that-gov-sanford-cheated-on-wife/

According to Conservative radio talk show host and all around bombastic pontificator, Rush Limbaugh, Governor Mark Sanford went off the deep end this past week, disappearing for six days, cheating on his wife and jetting to Argentina to be in the arms of his mistress, because President Obama’s economic policies crushed his spirit. Got that?

Although Republicans gamely attempt to blame President Obama and the Democrats for most of the nation’s woes, this latest example falls in a category all its own. Besides the economy, the unemployment rate and the violence in Iran, Republicans can now use Limbaugh’s new Meme to blame Obama for Republicans who cheat on their wives and other indiscretions, especially erratic behavior that “defies logic.”

What an ingenious concept! Now Republican politicians can attend all night orgies with hookers or fire up a blunt in the halls of Congress and say: “Obama’s stimulus made me do it.”

During Thursday’s radio show, Limbaugh spoke about Gov. Mark Sanford’s recent behavior as defying logic and this led Limbaugh to seriously surmise, that Sanford’s spirit must have been crushed from Obama’s economic policies.

“All this hope and change…Obama is trying to kill spirit,” said Limbaugh. “People are saying screw it before Obama takes away their money…their houses.” Limbaugh didn’t stop his inane analogies there. Oh no, there is more.

“This is almost like, I don’t give a damn, the country’s going to Hell in a handbasket, I just want out of here, Limbaugh said.

“[Sanford] had just tried to fight the stimulus money coming to South Carolina. He didn’t want any part of it; he lost the battle. He said, what the hell. I mean, the federal government’s taking over…what the hell, I want to enjoy life.”

“The point is, there are a lot of people whose spirit is just…they’re fed up, saying, To hell with it, I don’t even want to fight this anymore, I just want to get away from it,” said Limbaugh.

Limbaugh went on to reiterate his statements, blaming Obama for Sanford cheating on his wife saying, “The Democrats are destroying the country, we can’t do anything to stop it.”

So, let’s recap. Because of President Obama’s economic policies implemented to prevent the complete collapse of our economy, mostly due to eight years of damaging Republican policies under the Bush administration, Republicans like Gov. Sanford are saying to themselves, “To hell with it,” “I just want to get away…” “What the hell, I want to enjoy life.”

According to Limbaugh’s reasoning, Gov. Sanford then cheated on his wife, abandoned his four children and his constituents, despondent, muttering under his breath “…I don’t even want to fight this anymore…” “To hell with it,” and then in a Zombie-like state boarded a plane to Argentina to be in the loving arms of his South American “exotic” mistress.

And all of this behavior can be attributed to Democrats ruining the country and Obama’s economic stimulus.

Limbaugh is a genius! It’s Obama’s fault. The stimulus made me do it!
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »

Yep.  I realize no one is in lock step with their party on every issue...so I suppose a there are good Libertarians who break with that movement here or there.  But Paul breaks with them on so many...and particularly on issue that have moved so many Republicans into the Libertarian column.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »

Yep.  I realize no one is in lock step with their party on every issue...so I suppose a there are good Libertarians who break with that movement here or there.  But Paul breaks with them on so many...and particularly on issue that have moved so many Republicans into the Libertarian column.

Guys like Ron Paul and Bob Barr are nothing more than disaffected conservatives who seek to bastardized our radical philosophy. It pisses me off so much when people describe us Libertarians as "Ultra-Conservatives". Our party should have no stomach for reactionaries. Let me say this once loud for everyone to hear:

The Libertarian Party is not the hound dog for conservatives. We are not chumps for economic liberalism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_liberalism) at the cost of civil liberties. We shall not give into the lesser of evils. To lower us down to simply the party of "lower taxes" is insulting. We are much more than that, we are the party that calls for the radical downsizing of government in people's lives. You can't have true liberty until the people are free both economically and socially. To compromise on either is unacceptable and makes us no different than those who cave into the ultimate evil in this world: the special interest.

That isn't to say there is no room for moderation. I for one think environmental stewardship is a very libertarian idea because polluting the air infringes on the health of other individuals. I also think that consumer safety is very important, can you imagine what danger people would be facing if cars didn't have safety belts (kind of why I have a missplaced fanboyism for Ralph Nader).
http://www.lpradicals.org/pages/home/key-points.php (the fuel to the fire of my rant).
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »

Is there a Democratic plot to destroy the careers of Republican 2012 Presidential candidates. I ask this because it smells awfully fishy that two of the strongest possible Republican candidates to run against Obama in 2012 have had certain ethical issues from their past uncovered within a relatively short time of each other? Coincidence? Or something bigger in play possibly? Or possibly by another Republican vying for the 2012 nomination like Romney or Pawlenty or even Palin?

Honestly. I've been thinking about this ever since Sanford admitted a affair. It's way to fishy.
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 05:11:48 PM »

Ross Perot? He may be a centrist but he's no libertarian. A true libertarian wouldn't be a firm believer in protectionism, would he? Would a true libertarian support expansion of the War on Drugs? Stop making me laugh........

Barry Goldwater?! Please, he wanted a more aggressive foreign policy stance against China and Russia! Hell he even talked using the bomb in Vietnam! I really do hate to nitpick but a huge military industrial complex kind of defeats the purpose of libertarian government.

Wayne Root, he might have IT. But we'll have to see next time he runs for president or political office.
Perot was strongly pro-fiscal responsibility, debt reduction and increased human rights. He was a moderate libertarian, and by far my favorite candidate of the past 50 years.
It would be interesting to see Root run for office as a republican...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »

Perot was strongly pro-fiscal responsibility, debt reduction and increased human rights. He was a moderate libertarian, and by far my favorite candidate of the past 50 years.
It would be interesting to see Root run for office as a republican...

Moderate libertarian, that's an okay label for Perot. I just don't accept that he was a "pure" libertarian as some astute fellow said earlier.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »

I admit it.........I'm banging Sarah Palin..........her 2012 ambitions are now Kaput.

Cheesy

You forget I've seen you.  Sarah has better taste.  Wink

Seriously, Sanford was self inflicted and actually thought he handled it reasonably well, in the circumstances.

Crist still has rumors to contend with.  Jindel had a bad premier, but still could be develop into a good candidate.  Palin hasn't been great, but probably gained some points in the sparring match with Letterman.  Right now, I'd say Romney has the best shot.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »

Now Michael Jackson won't be the GOP's savior in 2012. Damn you, Obama!
defe07

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »

Three words.

Ron Paul Revolution.

Cheesy

Yeah but I don't think it'll actually be Ron Paul running (he's quite old and comes across as crazy). Now Gary Johnson, with Sanford gone and not able to bastardize the Liberty movement he seems the most likely. Oh, and he's single, so if the evil conspirators want to take him down get him hooked on heroin or take a picture of him banging a goat.

I was a huge Ron Paul supporter for his Presidential campaign. I'm not saying I agree with Ron Paul on every single issue. I'm personally a libertarian with an independent streak on some issues but if I had to put Ron Paul in a type of libertarian category, he'd be a libertarian conservative IMHO. Sure, he does have personal opinions that don't go along with libertarianism perse (he's pro-life, anti-gay marriage, etc.) but these are his personal views. Just because someone believes in something doesn't mean that the same person isn't going to let others believe in what they want.   
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

Ron Paul would of been WAY better than Obama for president.  I have that feeling in my gut and in the back of my mind of not liking Obama for certain reasons.
defe07

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2009, 08:38:32 PM »

Ron Paul would of been WAY better than Obama for president.  I have that feeling in my gut and in the back of my mind of not liking Obama for certain reasons.

Smiley
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »

Smiley
I agree. I somewhat approve of Obama, but Paul would've been a more effective leader, although not perfect either.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »

Smiley
I agree. I somewhat approve of Obama, but Paul would've been a more effective leader, although not perfect either.

What could a real libertarian possibly approve of Obama on?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies