It's over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:15:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  It's over
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's over  (Read 2798 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2004, 02:21:53 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2004, 02:24:53 PM by HockeyDude »

Bush clearly said the U.S. would be less safe if John Kerry was elected, and I'm now hearing republican pundit bay buchanan agree with that statement.  This is something Bush has been accused of saying, but they always were going around that question, saying "oh, that's not what we really mean"  Now, he's outright gone and said it.  You vote for John Kerry, you vote against a safe America. 

It's done, Kerry has won.  Bush is desperate in October.  He better pull out Osama pretty quick.  He might've been able to if he didn't invade a threat-less country. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 02:22:42 PM »

Ummmmm . . . ok.
Floridude
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 02:24:58 PM »

Im waiting for the enormous media outcry over this.....
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 02:25:59 PM »

No, its not okay.  The president is a desperate nutjob.  4 more years?  We can't take another 4 MONTHS!
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 02:27:44 PM »

Actually, this topic is pretty much proof that you're a desperate nutjob.

Of course Bush is saying the country will be less safe under Kerry. That's always a campaign issue. You thought it was going to change the one election it matters the most?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 02:28:40 PM »

No, its not okay.  The president is a desperate nutjob.  4 more years?  We can't take another 4 MONTHS!

A "desperate nutjob?"  I think you are reading too much into this.  First of all, this is nothing new from Bush (Bush has always said he'd keep America safer than Kerry).  Secondly, Kerry has made similar remarks towards Bush.

So just calm down, and ride out the next 4 weeks.  Breathe in . . . and out.  Ahhhhh . . . much better.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 02:31:19 PM »

THE DNC has already said that INVADING IRAQ MADE US LESS SAFE.

You can't spend your entire campaign saying Bush has made the country less safe, and then whine when you get punched back in the face.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 02:33:48 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with the side that's wondering what you expect Bush to do.  If Bush said something like, "Vote Bush or you will die," then you'd have a case, but both sides' arguments have always been "We will make America safer than the other guys."
shankbear

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 02:36:26 PM »

Take your Prozac HockeyDude, it's called POLITICS!!!!!!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 03:04:22 PM »

Bush needs some frickin prozac, he actually thinks the terrorists care who's president? 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2004, 03:06:35 PM »

It might be over...for Kerry.  Kerry has had a convention and a debate to explain what he wants to do about homeland security, and his plans for what he would do withdraw from Iraq.  He's also had a chance, with 20/20 hindsight, to say what we should have done in the war, i.e. if and how the war should have been fought.  I wanted to hear him make the case; he hasn't.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2004, 03:39:55 PM »

We would be less safe with Kerry as president. No doubt about it. Kerry is just an idiot, plain and simple.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2004, 03:49:38 PM »

Bush needs some frickin prozac, he actually thinks the terrorists care who's president? 

The DNC were playing a few months ago off how Al Qaeda endorsed Bush. It goes both ways buddy.
elcorazon

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2004, 03:53:57 PM »

The DNC were playing a few months ago off how Al Qaeda endorsed Bush. It goes both ways buddy.
I missed that one.  I had heard Republicans claim the terrorists are rooting for Kerry.  I don't remember the  one you speak of.
khirkhib

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 03:56:27 PM »

Yeah I thought the terrorists just hated Americans. (period)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2004, 03:58:15 PM »

I agree that this election is over.  It ended last Thursday night at the end of the first presidential debate.  Kerry won.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 04:01:07 PM »

It is looking like Kerry has the advantage now as Bush seems out of ammo and did so horribly at last week's debate.

But the election is not over, Bush could still pull a capture of Osama, Kerry could make a huge foreign policy gaffe, Kerry could be caught in bed with a minor (Unlikely of course, but who knows?).

Kerry has the advantage but he doesn't have the win... yet.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2004, 04:02:57 PM »

Bush is up in almost every battleground. You are fools to believe its over. Give it up.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 04:07:32 PM »

They're excited because they're only down 2 in Ohio.
Pollwatch99

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2004, 07:00:33 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2004, 07:05:27 PM by Pollwatch99 »

It's over when it's over.    Should America decide to change course, maybe Mr. Kerry can send this letter to our allies.

Dear Allies,

Please join me in a grand diversion to fight the wrong war at the wrong time.  The difference is I will fight it in the right way.  We will have summit meetings so I can ask for your help.  I know you've already said that you will not send troops but the difference between President Bush and myself is that I will continually ask you for the help that you refuse to provide.  It doesn't matter how many times you tell me no, I'll ask again.  We are going to train the IRAQI'S to defend themselves, we are going to have free elections, and we are going to improve the IRAQI economy.  Some of you may say that sounds like President Bush's plan but believe me you cannot trust everything you hear.

When the IRAQI government is stablized with another non-democratic government, then we can implement another United Nations Oil for Food program which we all know was very profitable for you.  In addition, we can them allow you to openly sell arms to the new IRAQI government, it's is much better to have the right to openly sell them instead of sneaking past UN sanctions.   Also, don't worry about having to forgive the IRAQI people the debt that was incurred by Sadaam Hussan.  It would be very wrong not to hold the IRAQI people responsible for their debt. 

Now in terms of future US military action, you know my feelings on this matter.  We understand that I will never give up the right to unilaterally take preemptive action but before any such action, this needs to pass your global creditibility test so we can prove our intentions meet your judgement of our creditibility.   Understand that in my country their are critics of the UN.   They resent things like  Syria heading the human rights committee, the failure of the UN to approve any use of force even in extreme circumstances like the Sudan, the continual Anti-American feelings expressed in UN, the constant support offered to the most corrupt regimes in the world, and the continual Anti-American rhetoric.  Fear not, I will work with Americans to understand that we live in different times and we will change our society, values, and goals to conform to yours.

John Forbes Kerry       

It's possible he will be elected but it would be a tragic mistake and yes President Bush is correct.  We are safer when we are stong.  Always have been, always will be

AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 09:58:20 PM »

Yep, Kerry will defeat President Go- .. uhh, maybe we should wait for them to actually finish voting first.

Kerry's odds went from 1% to 5%. Big deal.
shankbear

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 11:08:13 PM »

Very well put Pollwatcher99 but you will definitely be accused of questioning kerry's patriotism, his manhood,and  his skill with the french.  He has nothing new to bring to the table.  NOTHING...just like his Senate record for the last 20 years.  I believe he voted for the authorization for use of troops simply to be on the right side of history.  Why do I say that?  Well, he was on the wrong side of history when he voted against use of US forces to kick Saddam out of Kuwait in 1991.  Had things gone PERFECTLY in Iraq this time around he would be out there pounding his chest saying that he had helped win the victory.  He had the identical intell that GWB had.  If he even read it, why did he believe it??  Why did he vote the way he did?  Now he whines and says GWB lied.....Senator, it was your vote you idiot...you voted for it and now you are running from that vote with your lameass excuses.  You were wrong when you lied in 1971, you were wrong in 1991 and you are wrong for America now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies