A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:56:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A few thoughts from your PO; AMENDMENTS AT VOTE  (Read 54908 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 30, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »

I refuse to let anyone destroy the regions, or make really any changes at all, especially Lief and those that want a parliment.

All this can be done in the Senate rather easily. This constitutional convention has always been un-needed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 05:40:52 PM »

I refuse to let anyone destroy the regions, or make really any changes at all, especially Lief and those that want a parliment.

All this can be done in the Senate rather easily. This constitutional convention has always been un-needed.

Do you support the idea of a Council of Governors, and what about regional legislatures?

A council of Governors that helps with regional things and increasing regional activity? Sure. And yes, I support regional legislatures as long as they can stay active.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »

Do you support regional Senate seats?

Yes, I support the regions and regional elections. So I won't refuse to let you destroy that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »

Do you support regional Senate seats?

Yes, I support the regions and regional elections. So I won't refuse to let you destroy that.

Why do you support inactive, uncompetitive, boring elections? Do you think that's healthy or interesting for the game?

You and many others make them uncompetitive. If they choose to run for the national seats and not the regional ones that's their fault.

The national elections are not that competitive and pretty "boring" as well. We know who'll run and almost always know who'll win. How's that any different? It isn't.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »

What "massive" reform do I advocate now? Because if a CoG and all nationally-elected Senate seats is too "massive" for people, then we might as well shut down the ConCon right now.

Agreed. Seriously the stuff being proposed, if one takes even a slight glance, will clearly help the game. Regional Senate seats are crap. Governors are crap. But by creating a separate chamber, a CoG, and removing regional senators, we can make newly competitive, activity-inducing positions for the game.

I'm supportive of a Council of Governors, but if we eliminate regional senate seats while adding the Governors to the legislature, aren't we basically just eliminating overall offices and giving a new name to regional Senators? I mean, it's essentially just shuffling things around a bit.

Edit: All the while reducing overall participation.

I made the same point earlier, but it's still better than the current system.

No it isn't. All it is doing is Lief trying to get rid of as many regional offices as possible. We don't need any drastic reform like that. We should just shut this down and have everything go through the Senate like normal.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »

I want to get rid of regional offices because they're pointless and hurt the game. None of the regional senate seat supporters have yet given a reason why they should stay, despite their strange argument that the regions are for some reason deserving of representation.

And you have yet said anything at all that indicates how they actually "hurt the game".

People need to realize that change for the sake of change isn't what's needed. Notice how the game worked fine when people were really active and now is working fine again? Yep, nothing much is needed except keeping people active so that the game functions, which is what it's doing now.

Down with the useless ConCon! Down with the anti-region people who want fake reform that won't make any bit of difference because everything hinges on activity, not on changes in the game.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »

I want to get rid of regional offices because they're pointless and hurt the game. None of the regional senate seat supporters have yet given a reason why they should stay, despite their strange argument that the regions are for some reason deserving of representation.

And you have yet said anything at all that indicates how they actually "hurt the game".

People need to realize that change for the sake of change isn't what's needed. Notice how the game worked fine when people were really active and now is working fine again? Yep, nothing much is needed except keeping people active so that the game functions, which is what it's doing now.

How are four out of five uncompetitive and boring regional elections every 2 months "fine"? How is the game "functioning" when 4 out of 5 elections, the foundation of our game, are practically uncontested?

How are national senate elections where only 2 seats are competitive "fine" and "good for the game"? Besides this Presidential election they haven't been anywhere near close either. No matter what change you want it's just going to change the order of the game, not give any more activity.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »

None of these reforms whether advocated by PS or by ILV or Lief or even myself is guarrenteed to create Activity. There is no subsitute for involvement and I find it strange that PS criticize my position using the very same line I used against him. I said very plainly that unless people are willing to be active and to get involved, you might as well take all of your damned reforms and put them where the sun don't shine. Regional Senators are innactive. So are National Senate seats and Presidential election. Expanding every seat or position to the National level is not going to solve the problem. You can't legislate a solution to this problem. All of these supposed solutions can easily end us up right back were we started.

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner here folks! Unless people are active (which they now are under the current system) nothing we do will make a difference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies