What Atlasian hates another country the most? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:31:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What Atlasian hates another country the most? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What Atlasian hates another country the most?
Keystone Phil against France/Netherlands

BRTD against Ireland

GMantis against Turkey

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: What Atlasian hates another country the most?  (Read 5045 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« on: June 29, 2009, 03:06:46 AM »

I'm not going to vote but generally, I try to disassociate my hatred of the Turkish government from my attitude of the Turkish people, of whom I have mostly positive experiences. I don't think that the other two differentiate their attitude towards the country from their attitude towards the inhabitants. And yes, as States said, I do have more justification. Unless Phil's hatred of France is based on them taking Italian territory.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 03:16:02 AM »

And I think others should have been included - like Hughento and Japan or dead0man and Russia.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »

Lunar and Opie hate America maybe more than others hate other countries.
Lunar? Are you serious?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 01:04:19 AM »

And I think others should have been included - like Hughento and Japan or dead0man and Russia.
Well, to be fair to Russia, I hate all the slavs (except Czechs and Ukrainans).
Why? Not that this is rare here - Phil is also like that. (No, actually he doesn't hate them - he's scared of them.)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 07:20:21 AM »

Of course and I've admitted as much to GMantis before.  I grew up in the days of hiding under our desks at school because the Soviets were godless heathens.  Russia hasn't done a lot since then to remove that mental stain and done a few things to make the stain darker.
Of course, school pupils in my country (and presumably in other Eastern European countries) were often told how the evil Americans were just waiting for a good opportunity to throw their bombs. Of course, people didn't generaly believe in propaganda - seeing as they lied about internal events, there was no reason to believe them about external events. It's not surprising that genuine anti-Americanism appeared in Russia only after the propaganda ceased and the media became free.
While this explains your attitude towards Russia, it's strange that it extends to other Slavs; it's not as if Communism was embraced voluntarily in any of those countries.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 08:00:38 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2009, 08:04:41 AM by Губернатор на СЗ GMantis »

A lot of them are pro-Russian and anti-West, which I find weird considering what Russians have been doing to them for the last several generations.  Humans are often distrustful of things they find weird.

Actually, the only Slavs which like Russia nowadays are the Bulgarians (and there is an extremely Russophobic minority), the Belorussians, the Serbs and the Macedonians. Of these, only the Serbs hate the West (and this is a very recent phenomena). The Ukrainians (ironically) are split on this almost exactly equally. The other have attitudes that range from dislike to maniacal hatred (Poland, which makes your example about the Pole rather funny. They're also the nation that likes the West more than any other Eastern European country.).
Those who do like Russia have perfectly good reasons to do so.
Bulgaria, for example has received from Russia this and from the West this, this and this. (Something which I find weird is that Russia and the US are about as popular in Bulgaria.)

(and again, it's not like this is something I think about...at all, outside this forum and the rare (for me at least) real life discussions of the region.  I acknowledge that I have a stereotype, understand that I probably shouldn't and would never let it reflect my relationship with any real life Slavs I may run into on a day to day basis....again, as if I could tell by looking at them.)
Good for you. That's generally my attitude towards Turks (not as if I could usually tell them apart).
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »

I refuse to accept the results of this poll unless Francia is properly renamed "Pig farm."

How does "country of savages" sound?

No, no. That's for the scary Eastern European nations.
It also applies very well to Southern Italy.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 12:36:19 PM »

I refuse to accept the results of this poll unless Francia is properly renamed "Pig farm."

How does "country of savages" sound?

No, no. That's for the scary Eastern European nations.
It also applies very well to Southern Italy.

Original  Wink

Except Southern Italy, while sometimes seeming like a different country, is still part of a sophisticated nation unlike many nations just a little further east that are still living about four hundred years in the past.
You mean Turkey?
By the way, Southern Italy struggled quite a bit against inclusion in the "sophisticated nation". Obviously they didn't like being sophisticated Wink
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »

By the way, Southern Italy struggled quite a bit against inclusion in the "sophisticated nation". Obviously they didn't like being sophisticated Wink

It was because we were more sophisticated...in our own, special ways.  Smiley
That is certainly true. For example, the Northern Italians were so unsophisticated that they didn't manage to create even one organized crime group, while the Southern Italians created three Wink
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »

It just goes to show Phil is actually a Germany fan. He just doesn't know it yet.

Oh, and appropriate insults are "cheeseheads" or "polder Belgians". And any high visibility work clothing in safety orange (as, for example, German dustmen wear) is a "Dutch jersey".
It sometimes happens that the better team loses in the final. Interestingly, this happened twice in favour of Germany - in 1954 and in 1974. I wonder if the German-Netherlands rivalry, on the German side, isn't caused by a subconscious desire to prove that this victory wasn't the fluke it was Wink?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies