The Atlasian Sentinel Amendment Referendum Tracker [Updated 7/3 9:23 PM East] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:01:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sentinel Amendment Referendum Tracker [Updated 7/3 9:23 PM East] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sentinel Amendment Referendum Tracker [Updated 7/3 9:23 PM East]  (Read 4665 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:37:02 AM »

Not to mention, this doesn't actually affect anyone currently registered in Atlasia. Only those who join subsequent to the passage of the Amendment.
Exactly.
I don't know why Marokai thinks I voted against this to "protect my recruits" as it wouldn't affect my recruits. And I wouldn't use them (and never have) to run for an office. I wouldn't use them either to force them to vote for me. I'll ask them to, just like anyone else would, but I'm not going to breath down their neck until they vote. Actually, the changes I would like to see would probably make it more difficult, not less.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »

Okay...
I oppose this amendment because I think 180 days is too long to wait to be President. As we've seen with some members on here, you can get extremely active on Atlasia, in less than 6 months. Another weakness in the amendment, is what will it actually do? While increasing time you have to wait to register is a good idea, all the other stuff won't help much. It's not like Atlasians are going to go out there and vote for a newbie. And as Earl pointed out, if we ever did vote for a newbie, he or she probably deserved it. It should be up to the people of Atlasia to decide if someone is ready to hold an elected position. And if someone who isn't ready gets elected, well, a lesson will be learned, and they will lose re-election. Also, as Earl said, it's the beauty of democracy.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2009, 09:09:41 PM by Bayh! `10 »

Let's not make a mountain of a molehill, not like you did before, hm?
Wait, I made a mountain of a molehill??? I'm pretty sure that was you...
He asked why he should vote one way or the other, so I answered my thoughts. You are the one building mountains by continuing to confront me about this amendment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »

That didn't address the rest of Marokai's points.
I'm not going to waste time addressing his points. He makes some good points, and I think I make some good points. The difference is, I'm not going to attack someone just for disagreeing with me.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:20 PM »

I'm not going to waste time addressing his points. He makes some good points, and I think I make some good points. The difference is, I'm not going to attack someone just for disagreeing with me.

You can keep pointing back to his little explosion earlier, or you can back your points up. I would imagine that you would do better actually explaining your view, rather than using a low point in the debate as your fallback.
I've made my points several times, and I've stated why I feel that way. I think taking the chance on people is part of Democracy, making it more exciting. If Atlasia messes up, and gets someone who wasnt ready, they'll learn from that, and make sure to make the correct decision next time. I doubt that will even happen though, as Atlasia is smart as a whole, and isn't going to elect an inexperieced dummy to the Senate.
Also, this isn't a debate. This is both sides convincing someone to take their side. I'd call it, a persuasive essay. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »

You can keep pointing back to his little explosion earlier, or you can back your points up. I would imagine that you would do better actually explaining your view, rather than using a low point in the debate as your fallback.
I've made my points several times, and I've stated why I feel that way. I think taking the chance on people is part of Democracy, making it more exciting. If Atlasia messes up, and gets someone who wasnt ready, they'll learn from that, and make sure to make the correct decision next time. I doubt that will even happen though, as Atlasia is smart as a whole, and isn't going to elect an inexperieced dummy to the Senate.
Also, this isn't a debate. This is both sides convincing someone to take their side. I'd call it, a persuasive essay. Wink

The point isn't really that Atlasia won't elect such a person. It is that certain people just aren't ready for it. Look at yourself. You royally screwed up in your first run for Senate and ended up leading to a massive controversy that harmed the game. All because you just weren't familiar enough and experienced enough to know what was right.
I agree 100% that I wasn't ready, and shouldn't have run. But I'm not sure how it led to a massive controversy...
Some people could be ready though, after a while. I had only been in Atlasia for a couple weeks when it happened. Someone who had been on for a couple months would know a lot more. I mean, would I be ready for the Senate now? Probably. Would I be ready for President? Heck no. There can also be people who've been on Atlas a long time, and have thousands of posts, but that doesn't mean they are ready for Atlasia. That's why I think it would be a smarter idea to require someone to have a certain amount of posts in the "Atlas Fantasy elections" subforum (This board and Government board) to qualify for President or Senate. That, would help make more educated members run, and keep uneducated people (like I was in Senate election) away until they make enough posts here. (It would also possibly increase activity on this board Cheesy )
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »

There's not enough reason to post here alot outside an election week/two weeks. Requiring a post requirement in this specific forum would make it harder to join and run. That's senseless.
It's just a suggestion. If no one ever came up with idea's, where would our world be? What if the idea to create Atlasia had never been proposed?
It's probably not brilliant, but it would be like, 25 posts for Senator, 50 for President. Just to prevent someone who has never even posted here to run.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies