I step down.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:16:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I step down.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: I step down.  (Read 7348 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »

I believe I had asked MJ to check the IP when he first joined, as I suspected he may have been an Ogis or Xahar puppet. I never received a response or confirmation so I assumed he was fine.

Alcon and I checked. He came from an area where Josh wasn't so we thought he was someone new and fine. Not much else you can do, especially when Dave ok'd it.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 06:48:25 PM »

Dammit, every time this happens I don't know the person.  Who is/was Josh22?  A member search doesn't bring that name.

Too bad though, I had a rather high opinion of "Dan".
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »

I believe I had asked MJ to check the IP when he first joined, as I suspected he may have been an Ogis or Xahar puppet. I never received a response or confirmation so I assumed he was fine.

Alcon and I checked. He came from an area where Josh wasn't so we thought he was someone new and fine. Not much else you can do, especially when Dave ok'd it.

I'm not questioning your good faith effort. Just letting everyone know why the initial inquiry was made. It wasn't because I thought he was Josh, but rather Ogis.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »

Dammit, every time this happens I don't know the person.  Who is/was Josh22?  A member search doesn't bring that name.

Try searching Josh4Bush. He had an independent Avatar from NC, he also had a big thing for Kay Hagan in the last election and was so sure she would win for months before it even looked possible.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »

This really does upset me, and I don't appreciate being fooled like this. I regret having voted for you.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2009, 09:07:38 PM »

Nothing of that would never happened if people here didn't ask act like asses towards Josh22!

I hope than you are proud of you, now!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

Nothing of that would never happened if people here didn't ask act like asses towards Josh22!

I wasn't even here when Josh was and yet he felt perfectly fine deceiving me...
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2009, 09:27:20 PM »

I wasn't even here when Josh was and yet he felt perfectly fine deceiving me...

Yes, there is a problem there too. I was talking of another problem who bothered me since months.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 09:58:03 PM »

Try searching Josh4Bush. He had an independent Avatar from NC, he also had a big thing for Kay Hagan in the last election and was so sure she would win for months before it even looked possible.

Okay, so I looked over josh4bush's latest posts, which were in March, and found nothing objectionable or controversial.  What did this guy do?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2009, 10:10:58 PM »

Okay, so I looked over josh4bush's latest posts, which were in March, and found nothing objectionable or controversial.  What did this guy do?

He was accused of being a flip-flopper & teased over it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »

He was also picked at because of his sexuality.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »

Oh, so HE was teased about being a flip-flopper, and HE was picked at because he is bisexual.  In other words, HE did nothing wrong.  Am I correct?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »

Oh, so HE was teased about being a flip-flopper, and HE was picked at because he is bisexual.  In other words, HE did nothing wrong.  Am I correct?

If I remember well, Josh was gay, not bisexual. But deeply in the closet and crushing on other guys in the ''Post a Picture of Yourself'' thread.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 10:25:10 PM »

I said that because Dan identified himself as bisexual, I don't know what Josh called himself.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »

You actually believed him?  Seriously?

The posters who go back a while here, especially to the 2004-2005 period, like BRTD, Keystone Phil and persons including myself, those who others have claimed were "asses" to him, have watched this same game played over and over again by josh22.  That's why we act the way we do.

It goes something like this:  1) josh22 takes on a new identity (whether forced on by IRL or to get attention from other members of the forum); 2) josh22 takes identity too far or says something really stupid and people call him on it; 3) josh22 complains to other people or the moderators about those posts, whines and says he's going to leave; 4) josh22 goes away for a couple of weeks (2-4 usually); 5) josh22 returns with new identity (maybe a Leadership Conference or whatever) and the cycle begins again.

Btw, the "Leadership Conference" line is entirely real for those of you who weren't around the forum at this time (it was a new identity for josh22), and is up there in forum classics with Naso's "I love the Chinese, they have great food", Assad's "Duck sauce and jEW Republic" and Waltermitty's "FF/HP".

Trying to actually get a new ID to play the above-stated game is new for josh22 and a new low if Dave Leip allowed it with knowledge, without squashing his old account and without letting anyone know.  Of course, I'm not sure that josh22 is telling the truth (which fits in well with his personality of fundy Christian/wanna be fag), so I refuse to make any judgment until confirmed or denied.

josh22 is an ID that came up after Fritz left the forum I believe, so I don't blame him for not knowing either.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »

Are we really justifying Josh's act because he was picked on?

Listen, I was one of the first people to defend Josh when he came out of the closet but the constant changes with his ideology were just hilarious. It was like he was doing it on purpose. I think he was switching around his sexual orientation as well.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 10:48:49 PM »

Are we really justifying Josh's act because he was picked on?

Listen, I was one of the first people to defend Josh when he came out of the closet but the constant changes with his ideology were just hilarious. It was like he was doing it on purpose. I think he was switching around his sexual orientation as well.

I'm not trying to "justify his acts", I'm trying to figure out what his "acts"' were and whether or not they need to be justified.  If someone could provide a link to an incriminating "act", that would be helpful.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »

Let me expand on the above.  I don't mean to drive someone to go digging around through old threads to find the evidence I'm looking for.  I guess I'm defending Dan because I liked "Dan"- if he was acting under false pretenses, that changes things of course.  He was actively engaged, doing work on the Wiki, Mideast Assembly, the ConCon....he was friendly and spoke intelligently, and lets face it, people liked him.  How much of that could really be an act?  I'm trying to undersand what Josh22 did to turn everyone against him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »

I'm trying to undersand what Josh22 did to turn everyone against him.

No one turned against Josh. Personally, I like Josh but his constant political morphing was just too funny.

I really don't care much about him being "Dan," for the record.

By the way, no one ever really mocked Josh for actually being gay or bi or whatever the hell he is. The jokes were about whether or not he'd constantly change that, too. The only person to "pick" on him was probably jm or Vander but we don't count them anyway.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 01:30:14 AM »

Could the Mideast go at least 2 months without controversy?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »

You actually believed him?  Seriously?

I saw no reason not to, though I admit I was having some trouble dealing with his tales shortly before he left.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2009, 04:27:42 AM »

May faith in the mods has never been lower.

Also, I'm a bit hurt, because I trusted "Dan" alot.

Why the hell are you mad at us? Dave let him have the account and didn't tell us. And what if we did find it out? If Dave even told us I'm almost positive we wouldn't be able to tell anyone about it.
It shows that Dave doesn't trust his moderators.

Can't blame him. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »

Josh or Dan being good or bad is quite irrelevant. I'm quasi-certain that Dan committed voter fraud and I intend to bring this to court.

I don't really care if he's a cool and nice guy, he committed a crime, lied to people, and fooled a number of people.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 07:12:40 AM »

Josh or Dan being good or bad is quite irrelevant. I'm quasi-certain that Dan committed voter fraud and I intend to bring this to court.

The AG would presumably be the most appropriate person to bring the case (unless a conflict of interest arises), so it might be best to notify him, at least in the first instance.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2009, 07:55:27 AM »

Let me expand on the above.  I don't mean to drive someone to go digging around through old threads to find the evidence I'm looking for.  I guess I'm defending Dan because I liked "Dan"- if he was acting under false pretenses, that changes things of course.  He was actively engaged, doing work on the Wiki, Mideast Assembly, the ConCon....he was friendly and spoke intelligently, and lets face it, people liked him.  How much of that could really be an act?  I'm trying to undersand what Josh22 did to turn everyone against him.

Which is why I'm unclear as to why he bothered telling us. Or why he would simply step away after telling us. If he wanted to be a committed member of the game (as his extra-curricular actions led on) he likely could have stayed on and simply killed the Josh account. I imagine people would have understood a waiver from Dave. But these actions are now wholly inappropriate and gives us no reason for compassion.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies