Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:08:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14
Author Topic: Senate Office of NC Yankee (Statement on Constitution)  (Read 37319 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »

Considering that by the time we do finish the healthcare debate, we will probably all be driven insane, I am going to start again the Mental Health Reform effort. Since we never did get that CSS thing worked out, I am probably going to skip whaT I planned to be part two and instead dive right to number three which deals with changes in the field, research, education of the practicing doctors and care givers, dispersal of said research to said doctors, educating the public and of course encouraging new people to enter the profession.

Also will include new procedures for veterans, homeless, children and so forth though some of this was already addressed in the first part a few months ago. My main effort would be to amend that to incporate changes made with the Feburary Healthcare modernization thing since it was passed subsequently.

Lastly, providing care in the provider "desserts" as they are called. I watched a political program and heard something about Teletherapy, using technology to put a profession in touch with a patient, even at great distance. This needs to be looked at as an option.

Also, if you any questions about this or other things, I will do my best to answer them in a timely manner (by which I mean August Tongue).

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'll start from here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=181417.0

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=185030.msg4057935#msg4057935

Gonna need these two.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2014, 07:50:32 PM »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON MEMORIAL DAY

It is important to remember to not forget those that have suffered loss and sacrificed greatly through the years to secure for us the freedoms that we enjoy and take for granted each and every day. This extends to our veterans both who have served in combat and peace time, as well as those who serve as our nation's first responders such as our firefighters and police forces. We also must be mindful of the public servants and especially those without whom our country would be weaker and its people less safe, including our those who work hard as our teachers, doctors and scientists.

Taking in account the vital roles that are played by those people to our nation is absolutely critical for those who make our laws and lead our country. It means for instance that veterans must not be forgotten in whatever healthcare law we eventually pass, and that we adopt a policy overall that reduces healthcare inflation and promotes overall wellness so that we can best assist those who in poverty, those who suffer from mental illness and especially those who have served our country; that our education policy should maintain rigor even as it rewards and provides the necessary resources for those teachers who take on the toughest positions in our most challenged schools, ensuring an equal chance to succeed regardless of race, gender, orientation or socio-economic status; and also that we maintain a policy that seeks to keep the peace but is ready to defend our country once necessary with adequate levels of support and resources, even whilst avoiding waste and abuse that typically has run unchecked in defenses budgeting.

Take time today to consider those relatives, friends and even complete strangers who have sacrificed for you over the years and let us committ to not forgetting about them on the other three hundred and sixty-three days of the year that are not Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON D-DAY 70th Anniversary MEMORIAL

It is important to acknowledge those brave souls who risked all and sacrificed much to open the Western Front against Hitler's evil empire of darkness this day seventy years ago. There were at least three turning points in World War Two, maybe even four or five that are just as critical and deserve equal consideration in my view, one of which also occured in early June. That would of course be the Battle of Midway in the Pacfic in 1942. The Battle for Moscow in late 1941/42 and Stalingrad in 1942/43, as well as that of El Alamein in North Africa were all critical victories, that could have resulting in war going very differently if they they had occured differently.

D-Day, or more specifically the invasion of Normandy (since there were numerous D-Days), was different because unlike the others it marked the beginning as opposed to merely a battle for survival like the others. Midway could have set the US back three years if its Carriers were destroyed, The Soviet Union could have been severely weakened if either Moscow or Stalingrad had fell and a loss of Egypt to Rommel would have litterally cleaved the world in half by giving the Germans the Suez Canal and the Middle Eastern Oil.

Once a Western front had been established, it was only a matter of time before the vice closed in on Nazi Germany and the war in Europe would be over. There would be setbacks and obstacles, not to mention numerous casualties over the course of the next eleven months, but Victory was no longer a question of if, but when.

Before any troops landed on the beaches, the Navy was called upon to bombard the coast. Before the bombardment, three divisions of Airborne Infantry were dropped behind enemy lines and before they could be dropped, hundreds of pathfinders had to be dropped to illuminate the drop zones for them first. Air power was called upon to smash the railheads and supply lines as well as bomb coastal defenses in the days preceding the attack. Going back years, the Luftwaffe had to be wiped out as well as the German U-boat presence so that supplies could be massed for the invasion, a massive feat of coordination, organization and administrative skill rendered by General Dwight Eisenhower (Go Jayhawks!!! Smiley), and intelligence operation that successfully utilized the German fascination with General Patton to misdirect the Germans into assuming the invasion would be Pas de Calais.

With the Germans expecting the invasion to be at high tide, in perfect weather and across the narrow twenty miles or so between Dover and Calais, they were not prepared for an invasion across the 120 miles to Normandy, at low tide and in marginal weather conditions. Even with so much good luck, the task was not easy nor the sacrifices of born by the Allied Armed Forces light by any means. Several mistakes were made, paratroopers got scattered but managed to come together in ad-hoc formations to achieve the necessary objectives, capturing certain key bridges, blowing up others, disrupting communications and forcing the Germans to keep an eye on their backs whilst the landing forces approached the beaches. The air and naval bombardments were often over shot the targets and left the several key sectors on Omaha and Sword (I think though it might have been Gold I get them confused), that poured down destructive machine gun and artillery fire on the landing forces. Rangers endured intense fighting as they scaled the cliff at Point Du Hoc to destroy guns that weren't there and only after finding them later were they then destroyed.

Yet at the end of the day, the Allies had secured an wide beach head and were able to start pouring in millions of reinforcements and a massive amount of supplies and logistical support even as the German high command still considered it a diversion and still expected Patton to land a massive Army Group in Calais, an Army Group that consisted of wooden tanks and fake trucks. The heroism and bravery of thousands of Atlasians, Canadians, British, French, Poles, Czechs and numerous others who fought to protect or restore the freedom of their people had broken a massive gaping hole in Hitler's Atlantic Wall, through which these forces poured through and set Western Europe on the path to liberation.

We must never forget the sacrfices of those who fought there, nor at Midway, Stalingrad or any of the other battles accross the group, nor those civilians who fough on the home front or in the occupied countries fough and died with the resistance, nor finally those who perished at the hands of the Nazi quest for racial supremacy through the Holocaust.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2014, 10:30:09 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »

The very least the cross references in the last secton listed above needed to be updated.

I think there could be a way to remove Section 8 or at the very least significantly reduce it as it has rarely been invoked.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »

I think I will start with this one though:

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2014, 10:43:21 AM »

2 and 3 look good and 4 I wan to deal with seperately as I listed it above.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2014, 02:07:04 AM »

Seriously though, we could just expand UC to nominees and amendments and 90% of this could be eliminated.  
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2014, 02:09:41 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2014, 02:18:05 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 02:20:14 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2014, 02:22:15 AM »

On the other hand extending UC would be worthless because it takes 24hrs for objections and the minimum debate/question time for amendments and Nominees is only 24 hours.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #289 on: July 02, 2014, 04:45:53 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2014, 04:22:30 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »

I am sure some of what I have posted here will generate some coments and even criticisms. I appreciate that, but keep in mind, it could be a "considerable while" before I have time to answer them all. Fortunately my neighbor's internet is DSL, but you can only squeeze so much into thirty to forty-five minutes twice or three times a week. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »

Dude calm down.

I typed that up at Midnight without the ability to review the document. I have saved it to a flash drive and will do so later tonight.

Keep in mind this is all being done remotely now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2014, 05:57:36 PM »

You raised a question, and I provided a straightforward answer... I'm not sure what about that merits "calming down." All I ask is that you read it.

You seemed rather defensive, man. Tongue

I will read it later tonight. I wanted to save it on Saturday so that I could so but I ran out of time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

I have reviewed the text and naturally as you would image, I have a number of concerns.

One the unnecessary name change from threads to slots could serve to create confusion, but more so it is a more restrictive approach in general not just with fewer avenues to get stuff on the floor, particularly the elimination of the executive and FP slots, but also the wording could leave a thread blocked for seven days allotted for vetoes or redrafts by the President. At present these are moved off the slot immediately and are dealt with off slot for redrafts or moved to the override slot if an override is present.

Also the override provisions are a license to commit murder and it removes the leash on expulsion rules based on competence and absenteeism meaning the Feds and Labor could gang up on Shua/Spiral and vote them forcing a special they would be disadvantaged in amongst other rather horrible posssiblities. Also the vote times seem to be randomly switched around between Amendments and final votes.

These things must be addressed in order to gain my support.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »

A Letter to Senator NC Yankee

The Reality Or Nothing organisation has placed you on its official target list. You have failed to stand up to the Communist menace because you are a weak and cowardly man, more interested in maintaining your long and sordid political career than in providing much needed opposition to the Communist government. You grovel and simper when you should be fighting back and trying to turn the tide. This is not acceptable. As such, we intend to assassinate you. But first, and to let you know that we are serious, we intend to kill the downtown whore that you have taken to claiming - at social functions at least - as your wife. Civilian deaths are regrettable, but the Communists must be resisted at all costs. Your failure to resist leaves your life as forfeit.

Yours Sincerely,

The Central Committee of the Reality Or Nothing organisation
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »

Mr. Worf,

FIRE!

I wish Arturo hadn't left. At least Jbrase can appreciate this if no one else. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2014, 07:21:21 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #298 on: September 06, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »

A Letter to Senator NC Yankee

The Reality Or Nothing organisation has placed you on its official target list. You have failed to stand up to the Communist menace because you are a weak and cowardly man, more interested in maintaining your long and sordid political career than in providing much needed opposition to the Communist government. You grovel and simper when you should be fighting back and trying to turn the tide. This is not acceptable. As such, we intend to assassinate you. But first, and to let you know that we are serious, we intend to kill the downtown whore that you have taken to claiming - at social functions at least - as your wife. Civilian deaths are regrettable, but the Communists must be resisted at all costs. Your failure to resist leaves your life as forfeit.

Yours Sincerely,

The Central Committee of the Reality Or Nothing organisation

...its a Revolution I suppose. Well Paint it red, to fit right in...

Bring in on Welshman. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies