DWTL is Running for Something
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:30:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL is Running for Something
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: DWTL is Running for Something  (Read 5552 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »

Marokai I've heard you've become an enemy of the RPP, sad because I enjoyed working with you
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »

Marokai I've heard you've become an enemy of the RPP, sad because I enjoyed working with you

It mostly has to do with the tensions between us & the JCP. He's no more an enemy than Bgwah or Lief FWIW.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 08:56:04 PM »

He won the special election to your seat, but I don't think he is more an enemy of the RPP more than me or most of the JCP members.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »

I quite enjoy the old RPP members. It's the new ones that unnerve me Wink
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »

Honestly, I don't like your party and I was hating you, but I realized than you bring something special to Atlasia. We don't agree often, but I respect you. I am sure than I am not the only one in this situation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 01:48:26 AM »

Wait, did DWTL agree with me (sorta)? So what was all the hubbub about how my ideas were evil and despised by the RPP?

Doesn't a CoG increase the power of the regions? Simple math, really. Right now all 5 regional senators must vote Nay to block a bill. With a CoG as a separate chamber, only 3 out of 5 would have to vote Nay to block a bill. That is two less votes! And as the governors are largely elected in the same way as regional senators, it would be equivalent to replace one with the other.

A CoG, at the expense of regional Senate seats, is surely preferable to the status quo for any pro-region member.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 02:14:13 PM »

Wait, did DWTL agree with me (sorta)? So what was all the hubbub about how my ideas were evil and despised by the RPP?

Doesn't a CoG increase the power of the regions? Simple math, really. Right now all 5 regional senators must vote Nay to block a bill. With a CoG as a separate chamber, only 3 out of 5 would have to vote Nay to block a bill. That is two less votes! And as the governors are largely elected in the same way as regional senators, it would be equivalent to replace one with the other.

A CoG, at the expense of regional Senate seats, is surely preferable to the status quo for any pro-region member.

I do not recall saying your plans were evil, my goal was to get DWTL to read through the developments in the "Thoughts from your PO" thread.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »

The former senators steps to the microphone to give a speech concerning the upcoming special election

Welcome all who have gathered here tonight.  I would first like to start by congratulating President Lief and VP BaconKing on there victory.  While I was ardent supporter of PiT, I am sure they will continue the great work that President Bgwah has started.  However, with there election comes something just as pressing.  BaconKing's senate seat is now open and someone must fill it.  As my office has already alerted the press, I am a candidate to fill this seat. 

Many of you may ask why, just a few short months removed from being expelled from the senate for inactivity, I want this seat.  After all, one of those seats could still be mine.  The reason is simple, Atlasia is heading in a direction that I do not like.  I cannot sit on the sideline and simply coach my party anymore, I have to become activitley involved.  The senate lacks dissent and action.  As Sen. Franzl can attest to, I am a master compromiser, but I never back down.  At this point, I am a known commidity in Atlasia and what you see is what you are going to get, no surprises.  As a I believe five-term senator, I have accomplished many things to give more rights to the voters of this great country and to increase the civil liberties afforded to every citizen.  I wish to continue this work for this great country of ours.

I will admit that it was a rocky start for me in Atlasia, but that is long gone.  My last few senate terms bought expert, wisdom, and a hard worker to the senate.  I ask that you send me back to Nyman to continue a job that never will be finished.

Thank you

The senator leaves with Fmr. Gov. Duke and Fmr. Sen. PiT but he will be taking questions.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »

Don't quite know what, but this place has really gone to hell while I have been gone and its time some life comes back

Hey, we agree.

Wow we still don't have a council of governors??

Consider this my number 1 priority

My old idea resurrected?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »

Ohhhh DWTL, you and your running for Senate! Uh-oh! It's comin, nobody saw this one coming.....

ENDORS'D! Best of luck to you, although while in the Senate we didnt see eye to eye all the time, I still think that you are active and tremendous asset to the Senate. Hope to see you back there soon!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »

Ohhhh DWTL, you and your running for Senate! Uh-oh! It's comin, nobody saw this one coming.....

ENDORS'D! Best of luck to you, although while in the Senate we didnt see eye to eye all the time, I still think that you are active and tremendous asset to the Senate. Hope to see you back there soon!
Thank you, I will need every vote I can.  You've always been a tremendous asset to the game as you share my view that the game is a game [/Yogism]
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »

I was going to say not to cherish the endorsements of one of the game's most inactive Governors, but then I realized that my Governor sucks even more Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2009, 06:01:46 PM »

I was going to say not to cherish the endorsements of one of the game's most inactive Governors, but then I realized that my Governor sucks even more Tongue

lol Cheesy  As exibited by the deprivation to all Pacific citizens of having there voice heard on the recent constitutional amendment.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »

Srsly marokai, why am I the most inactive governor? And I'm sorry if things like, you know.. Actual work gets in the way of my activity. I suppose I could always resign my title in the city, leave real world politics and devote more time to atlasia.

Also, thank you for the kind words dwtl, much appreciated.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2009, 09:08:09 PM »

Roll Eyes I just said you were inactive, certainly not the most so. I'm sure you have your reasons, but it does nothing to change the fact..
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2009, 09:15:26 PM »

Just saw your new sig Andrew, I loled at that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2009, 09:21:34 PM »

Just saw your new sig Andrew, I loled at that.

It isn't new. I believe he had it before.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »

Well he hasn't been around now has he.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2009, 11:44:53 PM by DownWithTheLeft »

Endorsements (elected officials):

Sen. MasterJedi (RPP-MW)
Sen. Tmthforu (RPP-ME)
Sen. PurpleState (DA-ME)
Sen. NCYankee (RPP-DS)
Sen. Franzl (DA-ME)
Gov. Inks (RPP-ME)
Gov. Daniel Adams (RPP-DS)
Gov. AndrewCT (DA-NE)
Lt. Gov. Verpes (RPP-MW)
Lt. Gov. SPC (RPP-DS)
GM BrandonH (RPP-DS)

Former Elected Officials:

Fmr. Gov. AHDuke (RPP-DS)
Fmr. Gov. BenConstine (RPP-ME)

As well as many other private citizens

Will update list as necessary
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2009, 11:37:12 AM »

I don't think I made it public, but I am on a mini-vacation to get away and golf in the Adirondacks.  I'll say hi to BlueDogDem and return on Friday in time to see BRUNO.  Until then, expect very limited posting.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »

I don't think I made it public, but I am on a mini-vacation to get away and golf in the Adirondacks.  I'll say hi to BlueDogDem and return on Friday in time to see BRUNO.  Until then, expect very limited posting.

Good luck!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2009, 12:38:54 AM »

As my first official action I would like to voice my support for Down With The Left.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

I don't agree with DWTL on virtually anything, but he keeps things interesting and serves as a very good "loyal opposition". He belongs in the Senate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2009, 03:33:40 PM »

I don't agree with DWTL on virtually anything, but he keeps things interesting and serves as a very good "loyal opposition". He belongs in the Senate.

This is why we have almost no solid left-wingers in the Senate. Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2009, 03:42:22 PM »

This is why we have almost no solid left-wingers in the Senate. Smiley

I value entertainment and activity over ideology in this case. This is a game after all. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies