DWTL is Running for Something
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:39:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL is Running for Something
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: DWTL is Running for Something  (Read 5558 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »
« edited: July 09, 2009, 03:53:23 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

I don't agree with DWTL on virtually anything, but he keeps things interesting and serves as a very good "loyal opposition". He belongs in the Senate.

This is why we have almost no solid left-wingers in the Senate. Smiley

I value entertainment and activity over ideology in this case. This is a game after all. Smiley

Fair point about entertainment, but this is a game that relies on new people and new faces participating in the game. We needn't elect the same old people over and over again whenever they decide to pop in and push aside others who deserve a shot.

Edit: And Yes I know Fritz used to be in Atlasia long, long ago.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 07:07:28 AM »

This is a close battle and I need every vote I can get.  If anyone is still undecided and wants to have a Q and A with me, feel free to PM.

I know I said I did not think I would be able to post until later today when I returned from vacation, but the neighbor's wi-fi is excellent Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »

Still another day to vote (or less now) get out there and let's come from behind like we have so many times before
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »

Funny that if the race was simply voting of senators and governors I would have already won Tongue

I will be giving a speech a tomorrow night win or lose
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »

Still to vote, if I do lose, which looks probable at the moment, I thank all my supporters and not to worry I already have post election plans which will be revealed later today or tomorrow.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »

Fmr. Sen. DWTL, recently defeated, steps to the podium defeated.  He is joined by Fmr. Gov. AHDuke, his closest Atlasian ally, as well as fellow RPP founders and Fmr. Sens. PiT and SPC

Thank you, today we have been dealt a loss, but certainly not a defeat.  Sure we lost this election, but we made great strides and showed that the RPP can compete with the JCP, a much larger party, heads up in a national election.  I would like to thank those of you who supported me in the DA, Franzl, AndrewCT, PurpleState, Hashemite and anyone else who I am forgetting.  I would like to especially thank RealisticIdealist for voting against his own party for what was right for Atlasia.  Certainly this seat would have been nice, but we cannot roll over.  In August, I find it hard believe that a party that has enough members to elect a senator even if 135 voters show up to the polls will not win a seat.

With this strong showing, my national recognition, and my successful record as a senator many will speculate that I will be running for a seat in August.  I would like to quash any of those rumors and annouce that I am firmly behind SPC and our other canidate who is yet to be announced.  Instead, I will be focusing my energy elsewhere.  I have, and still do, hold my most important responsibility to be the chairman of the RPP and make sure we make great strides.  What is the next stride I wish to take?

At this time, I would like to announce that I am not only supporting the amendment to create a Dirty South legislator, but I will be a candidate for one of those seats.  I feel that at this time with college just around the corner and uncertainty of time constraints, the best thing for me to do is be in the legislator and help promote RPP candidates across our great nation.

Once again contrats to Sen.-Elect Frtiz and I wish him the best.  August is just around the corner and that is where our energy should be.  Good luck and God Bless Atlasia
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »

I'm proud to have voted for you, & I hope that you have more luck in the future. The day may yet come where the RPP can win a head-to-head national election.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »

I'm proud to have voted for you, & I hope that you have more luck in the future. The day may yet come where the RPP can win a head-to-head national election.
Well we have gotten seven times bigger than when we started so by next summer we should have near 200 members Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »

Well we have gotten seven times bigger than when we started so by next summer we should have near 200 members Tongue

That would sure help us in winning national races. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2009, 09:26:26 PM »

You ran a hard fought campaign and I congratulate you for that. Make sure to stay active in party and regional politics. And there will always be an open mic in the Senate for you.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2009, 10:31:33 PM »

You ran a hard fought campaign and I congratulate you for that. Make sure to stay active in party and regional politics. And there will always be an open mic in the Senate for you.
Thank you, although I do not plan to enter the senate anytime soon other to keep tabs on you guys sometimes Smiley

Seriously, if I wanted the senate seat I could have it, but honestly I don't believe I will the time come August
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »

I guess I'll let you know that if we do make a Dirty South legislature, I will most certainly join it.

It is a shame that it came to this, but we put up a good fight against the JCP in a national election. We are certainly moving in the right direction for the future.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2009, 11:53:11 PM »

Even though you didn't win, this was a sign of massive progress for the RPP. That has to have been the first time ever that we were actually a cerdible threat in a nationwide senate election. I remember as recently as last year when I only got 5 votes in my special election. If we keep going the way we are, soon we might actually win at the national level. Good campaign.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies