Great match-up #2: Giuliani vs. Clinton..
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Great match-up #2: Giuliani vs. Clinton..
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Great match-up #2: Giuliani vs. Clinton..  (Read 12554 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2004, 05:47:50 AM »

*sigh*
You just don't understand people do you?

Sure I do.. plenty of people are nervous about dynasties, I just think more are really cool with high growth and low unemployment.  Besides Jeb seems really harmless - a sort of nicer version of GW.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2004, 08:12:30 AM »

Giuliani isn't that popular in NY- he can't beat the democratic machine there.

He is very popular, and he could win here.  And, with my vote.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2004, 10:41:22 AM »

We will see, President Giuliani..... President Rice.....
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2004, 11:10:58 AM »

Giuliani channeled America's emotion and won nationwide popularity following 9/11. He was always close to the police and fire departments, hence his exhibit of honest, non-political sentiment during those terrible days.

However, his behavior during that tragedy aside, his working personality is known be bullying and ruthless, and I know from people in city government that he prefers the same in the people who work for him.

His personal life would be open to inspection as well. Not only did he divorce his wife for the woman he was having an affair with, but announced it to her, along with the rest of the country, at a press conference! (Not the way to win the womens vote.) All this has not produced a happy home - his son, who was entering his adolescence during his mayoralty, was recently arrested for drug use.

He also has very quirky politics - he's pretty far left socially, and would have to move hard right to be nominated for the presidency by the GOP.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2004, 11:19:27 AM »

Hillary would never win a general election against an elecatable Republican. I don't think the GOp will nominate anyone who's very moderate in 2008. Also, it's very uncommon for a party to win 3 successive terms. I think a moderate Dem candidate in 2008 would have a good chance of winning.
dunn

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2004, 11:24:02 AM »

Hillary would never win a general election against an elecatable Republican. I don't think the GOp will nominate anyone who's very moderate in 2008. Also, it's very uncommon for a party to win 3 successive terms. I think a moderate Dem candidate in 2008 would have a good chance of winning.
reagen 80 reagen 84 bush 88
and gore was THAT close to make it 3 for the dems

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2004, 11:28:45 AM »

I didn't say it never happens, just that it's uncommon. I happened 4 times in the last 100 years: 1908, 1928, 1940 and 1988. Most of these can be attributed to extremely popular presidents and special circumstances. Note that with the exception of FDR a 4th term was never won in any of these cases.
dunn

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2004, 11:36:01 AM »

I didn't say it never happens, just that it's uncommon. I happened 4 times in the last 100 years: 1908, 1928, 1940 and 1988. Most of these can be attributed to extremely popular presidents and special circumstances. Note that with the exception of FDR a 4th term was never won in any of these cases.

true. but Truman streched it to 5
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2004, 11:37:17 AM »

true. but Truman streched it to 5

Yeah, that's a record for the last century. Though the Reps did even better in the 1800s.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »

Third Party candidate, Roy Moore runs.

Proud Houstonian
Proud Houstianan
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2021, 04:17:06 PM »

yooch these thred aged like garbage
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2021, 02:42:30 PM »

Fmr. Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) / Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK)
Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) ✓
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies