Confirmation Hearing: Earl (SoFA) (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:24:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Earl (SoFA) (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Earl (SoFA) (Confirmed)  (Read 3116 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: July 06, 2009, 07:29:13 PM »

Thank you Senators,

I would like to address some of my prior tardiness. On occaison, I have been tardy opening voting booths, and certifying election results, etc. I was quite busy a few months ago, and had some technical issues. Right now, I have a wireless connection, and it's not always the best. And there was that time my mouse stopped working. Anyways, I rectified that problem by appointing a deputy SoFA, who I will use if needed in the future. Right now I have a lot of free time on my hands, so activity wont be an issue for the near future.

As for changes in laws, I do have many opinions on that. One issue is whether or not someone needs 25 posts before they can register, or do they become a voter as soon as they get 25 posts after they register? This needs to be cleared up.  Also, giving the SoFA more discretion in allowing posters to vote twice given extraordinary circumstances like we saw in the last election.

I'm not sure this is my place, but I would love to see the Senate expanded or have a House of Representatives added. I like having regional representation, and this is where the President and I will disagree on. It adds an extra element of the game, and I think many of the regions have shown how creative they can be in developing local, cultures, etc. But, that's getting a little off topic. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies