Man allegedly demands sex to return lost dog
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Man allegedly demands sex to return lost dog  (Read 2340 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2009, 02:18:51 AM »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
(06-30) 14:00 PDT Los Angeles, CA (AP) --

Los Angeles County prosecutors allege that a convicted sex offender tried to extort a teenager by demanding cash or sex for the return of her lost dog.

Deputy District Attorney Jan Perlstein says 27-year-old Alfredo Dempkey has been scheduled for arraignment Tuesday afternoon on a single count of attempted extortion.

Prosecutors say the Lancaster resident found the dog on Friday and used information on its tags to contact the owner.

A meeting was arranged to occur at a fast-food restaurant in Hawthorne, where police say Dempkey was arrested Friday night.

The dog, a cocker spaniel-toy poodle mix named Pineapple, was returned to its owner.

Prosecutors plan to ask that bail for Dempkey be set at $170,000. A telephone listing for Dempkey could not be immediately located.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/06/30/state/n014119D03.DTL

© 2009 Hearst Communications Inc. | Privacy Policy | Feedback | RSS Feeds | FAQ | Site Index | Contact
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:30:03 AM »

Freak.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 03:14:58 AM »

The free market types (libertarians) claim there's nothing wrong with such behaviors.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 03:38:13 AM »

The free market types (libertarians) claim there's nothing wrong with such behaviors.

Hey, he just wanted to be paid for a service. Wink
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:05:59 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2009, 04:15:22 AM by Yellow Stark »

There isn't, instead of bitching about how some 27 year old guy wanted to have sex with her, the girl should've either said no or give sex for cash (hell that's what I would've done). People often forget that the idea of a transaction is that there are two or more parties involved who each have their own provisions. She doesn't have to give the guy his dog back if he's making unfair demands, likewise the guy doesn't need to have sex with or extort money from a teenager if he wants his dog back. Eventually the two would've come to a compromise (besides busting a nut in a chick who's lower than the age of 17 is a crime in Cali, isn't it) most favorable to both sides.

This further proves that libertarians, unlike liberals and conservatives, are generally good at avoiding moralf****try.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 04:21:03 AM »

There isn't, instead of bitching about how some 27 year old guy wanted to have sex with her, the girl should've either said no or give sex for cash (hell that's what I would've done). People often forget that the idea of a transaction is that there are two or more parties involved who each have their own provisions. She doesn't have to give the guy his dog back if he's making unfair demands, likewise the guy doesn't need to have sex with or extort money from a teenager if he wants his dog back. Eventually the two would've come to a compromise (besides busting a nut in a chick who's lower than the age of 17 is a crime in Cali, isn't it) most favorable to both sides.

This further proves that libertarians, unlike liberals and conservatives, are generally good at avoiding moralf****try.

How is the dog his provision?  It's the girl's legal property.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 04:44:07 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2009, 05:07:03 AM by Yellow Stark »

Oh right. Sorry I'm not awake right now. The wording in this article is weird.

Suckage, if I were in her shoes I would still try to sell my body for cash, or just hand the guy five bucks. Most of the people who lose dogs around here offer monetary rewards for losing their dogs. I mean if it's California: Who's going to miss $5?
She could've also threatened to tell somebody he was trying to get sex out of a teenage girl, we all know how moralfags respond to statutory rape accusations. You see the threat of being thrown in jail for 15 year old booty is enough incentive for the guy to hand over the dog without being arrested. But no, he was thinking with his dick and he propositioned this chick in a fast food restaurant! I mean really, if you had to proposition a minor for sex surely you can think of a better place than a fast food restaurant?! The guy is a retard who doesn't know best who to manipulate the art of transaction to his advantage.

As for everybody who damns libertarians as automatically taking this guy's side, shut up. I may not see anything wrong with his request, but it doesn't mean I don't think he's an idiot. That's why I try to avoid being a douchebag who stereotypes all the friggin time.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 05:05:34 AM »

tried to extort a teenager by demanding cash or sex

Says here he'd've been okay with some cash. Doesn't say how much.

Also makes you wonder how come he was arrested right away - police just happened to be on the scene? He'd hinted at what he wanted on the phone and she brought the police right with her?
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 05:07:54 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2009, 05:09:50 AM by Magic 8-Ball »

Oh right. Sorry I'm not awake right now. The wording in this article is weird.

Suckage, if I were in her shoes I would still try to sell my body for cash, or just hand the guy five bucks. Most of the people who lose dogs around here offer monetary rewards for losing their dogs. I mean if it's California: Who's going to miss $5?

Yeah, it seems like the flyers that people post around here offer somewhere between $50 and $75, so I'm going to use that little piece of anecdotal information and extrapolate it countrywide.  Tongue 

I'm sure that money wouldn't have been much of an object to her parents, especially given the desired alternative...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd like to know more about this story.  Did she offer a cash reward, only to have him demand sex instead?  It sounds like it, considering that he was charged with extortion and all.  Like I said, I wish the article had more info.

Edit: Crap, Lewis beat me to it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:09:52 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2009, 05:11:26 AM by Yellow Stark »

Also makes you wonder how come he was arrested right away - police just happened to be on the scene? He'd hinted at what he wanted on the phone and she brought the police right with her?

I mean really, guys this seems excessive. I mean why at a fast food restaurant of all friggin places? Whatever happened to diplomacy first?
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 05:16:08 AM »

I mean really, guys this seems excessive. I mean why at a fast food restaurant of all friggin places? Whatever happened to diplomacy first?

Pedophiles love fast food?

The main problems I have are A) It's not his dog and he has no right to keep it from its owner and B) he tried to extort sex from an underage girl who just wanted her pet back.

But, like I said, I think there's more to this than the article reports.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 05:22:16 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2009, 05:32:03 AM by Yellow Stark »

The main problems I have are A) It's not his dog and he has no right to keep it from its owner and B) he tried to extort sex from an underage girl who just wanted her pet back.

The guy isn't a pedophile, he's an ephebophile or a hebephile (if the girl is a teenager).

Second, the threat of going to jail for making sexual explicit demands should've made him change his tune. I mean did the girl even talk it over with him before calling the police? This article doesn't answer that.
Third, like I said earlier the incentive to keep the dog would've been outweighed by other factors like the girl warning authorities he was trying to extort her. She could've made him well aware of this fact but the way this article sounds she didn't.
How do we know if this was a guy with serious mental problems or just a guy who's been sex deprived for so long he'll take anything?
Plus, you know what's the age of consent in California? Friggin 17, she could've been friggin 16 years old, 11 months, and 28 days for christ's sake.
But no, Americans have a mega persecution psyche, the very hint of immorality must be severly punished, reform is impossible. Why bother with negotiators when we have big men with guns who can abuse and punish without repercussion but kill one in self defense you get the death penalty?

You see my gripe here?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 05:49:03 AM »

Stark
Stark
Stark
Stark
Stark!!!!
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 05:59:46 AM »

The guy isn't a pedophile, he's an ephebophile or a hebephile (if the girl is a teenager).

Second, the threat of going to jail for making explicit threats should've made him change his tune. I mean did the girl even talk it over with him before calling the police? This article doesn't answer that.
Third, like I said earlier the incentive to keep the dog would've been outweighed by other factors like the girl warning authorities he was trying to extort her. She could've made him well aware of this fact but the way this article sounds she didn't.
How do we know if this was a guy with serious mental problems or just a guy who's been sex deprived for so long he'll take anything?

You see my gripe here?

I know.  It was a joke.  They probably decided on a McDonald's parking lot because it's a public place.

Right, the points you raised are also reasons that I think the article should have been longer.  Does he have a record that, for whatever reason, warrants him being monitored by the police?  Being "just some sex-deprived guy" isn't an excuse.

I found an entry on the L.A. Times blog that gives a little more info.  It says that he wanted sex after she told him that she didn't have enough money.  He's also currently on parole, and recently was spotted attempting to approach an undercover cop in a prostitution sting. Cite 

If he's not mentally unstable, I have no problems with the bail being set so high, given his apparent history.  If he is, I hope he gets lengthy treatment.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 06:16:59 AM »

Now if the man demanded to have sex with the dog, that would be funny.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:32 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. Only with the girl and the dog. Girls like to use dogs as a substitute if you catch my drift.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »

Girls like to use dogs as a substitute if you catch my drift.

Do you know this from experience?
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 03:59:49 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2009, 04:01:45 AM by blagohair.com »

You know everytime you say something like this you look like an idiot to people that aren't idiots.  On the plus side, you look like a sage* to your fellow idiots.

*a link so you wont need to Google the big word

The fact that you resort to namecalling makes you look like an idiot, not me.  Welcome to my ignore list.

you're a poohead

At least I'm not obsessed with Kirsten Gillibrand.

btw I don't like Maloney much either.  I just find your obsession with Gillibrand a little annoying.  I don't know why you're so offended by that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies