Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:50:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 57041 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:12:47 PM »

Hey, folks,

Its been a month!!  One month ago yesterday (June 7), I met my fiancee'.  We are currently doing well.  She's quite stressed right now and we will take this weekend to let her do some major venting.  I'm not going to say a whole lot, but I'll probably do a little venting myself, but she will have the floor most of the time.  We could use some prayers, but I'm not worried.  I know we're meant to be together, and I have no doubt that we'll be together until one of us is called home to heaven.

I'm committed to her every step of the way with every ounce of my being and I know she's committed to me, as well.

I did take it upon myself to order her some flowers today on my lunch break to be delivered to her tomorrow afternoon.
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »

Awwww.... how sweet!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »

things are sounding ominous on the facebook.

update plz.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 08:48:43 AM »

God bless you both, Bush Ok.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:56:14 AM »

I'm sure things will work out for the best.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »

update?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »

Oh my.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »

As requested, here is another update.

Things are still going okay, I'm just giving her some space.  Right now, she is stressing that I'm not listening very well and I am countering that she is not communicating very well.  I agree with her that I may not listen as well as I should.  The friend that put us together told her not to worry and to be patient since Tiff is really only the second real relationship I've known.  This friend told her that she may even have to teach me a few things.  I haven't talked to her or seen her since last Saturday, but I hope to be able to see her sometime later this afternoon or this evening.  I've given her 2 weeks worth of space save for one day (the 4th), so she shouldn't need too much more of that.  There is no doubt in my mind that she loves me.  When we see each other again, whether that's tonight or this coming week sometime, we're going to sit down and have a good talk.  We'll probably laugh, we may cry together, but we're going to have a good talk.  I don't think things are as bad as they seem.  I could be naive about that, too, but I tend to think not.  I'm choosing to remain very positive that we'll work things out and that we'll end up stronger and closer together than we were in June before this happened.  But, as for right now, I'm still contending that I am 8 months 30 days from being a husband and a step-father!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 09:42:34 AM »

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 09:48:56 AM »

does she keep requesting 'space'?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 11:35:47 AM »

Friendly advice, don't be clingy.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »

Except to your guns and religion.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 03:25:04 PM »

Here is another late-afternoon quick update.

She is, apparently, willing to talk to me about what's bugging her.  She has a pounding headache right now (or as of 3 hours ago), so she's resting, but supposedly when she wakes up and gets over her headache she'll call me and I'll go over to her house and we'll talk.  I'm taking this in stride with a bunch of optimism.  I have a lot of faith that things will be just fine and in fact things will start to mend between us.  I'm very confident in that.  What ever is bugging her, and I have some ideas, we can work that out between us and move on with our relationship.  As I stated this morning, I firmly believe that we are 8 months, 29 days from being husband and wife.  I'll probably roll the dice and give her a call about 5:00 my time, about an hour and a half from now if I haven't heard from her, yet.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »

We should hire Brian Williams to do an audio track reading of these reports.  It'll make them sound more authentic.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »

I called her this afternoon about 4:45 and she is suffering from a nasty migraine headache right now.  She said she would call me when she gets to feeling better and we would talk then.  She was not mad, rather she was just in a bunch of pain.

I'm expecting to be able to talk to her either tomorrow or Monday, most likely, once her headache alleviates enough.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 07:58:09 PM »

I wouldn't normally comment, but this looks a text book case of her using "wanting space" to indicate that she's either less interested or not interested.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »

she is using the 'i have a headache' excuse and yall arent even having sex.  that may not be good.

all the best, bushok.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »

Wait.  You guys met a month ago and you are already engaged?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »

correct
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »

Where have you been?  Yes, today we are officially starting our 6th week and we are in our 4th week of engagement.

We're going through a little rough patch for most of July so far, but I believe things will back on the mend here pretty quick, hopefully within the next 48 hours.  She indeed does have a migraine.  When I called her yesterday afternoon to see how she was doing, I could tell she was in a lot of pain, so we only talked about 3-4 minutes.  I know how she feels.  As you may know, I'm being monitored right now by the doctor to determine whether or not I actually have migraine headaches myself and I know they are no fun.  In fact, I started getting one again yesterday evening and had to take one of my Relpax and go to bed by 8:00 pm, but it worked.

All we need to do to get things back on the mend is just talk.  We need to get out whats bothering us and then promise to each other to do our best to improve.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »

This is better than Gossip Girl.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 08:51:18 AM »

I'll be the jerk who says what everybody's thinking but is too polite to say. If she needs this much space, you may want to reconsider the whole marriage thing. You just met her. What's the rush? There will be a lot less pressure on everybody if you just take a more casual approach. This doesn't mean you can't get married later if this does work out. You really need to know a person longer than a few weeks to plan to wed.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

I'll be the jerk who says what everybody's thinking but is too polite to say. If she needs this much space, you may want to reconsider the whole marriage thing. You just met her. What's the rush? There will be a lot less pressure on everybody if you just take a more casual approach. This doesn't mean you can't get married later if this does work out. You really need to know a person longer than a few weeks to plan to wed.

Watch it.  The usual suspects will shout you down in 5...4...3...2...1... 

I think as guys get older, they become less eager and have the discipline to "play the game" so to speak.  The Catholic Church even recommends AT LEAST 6 months of knowing someone before being engaged to them.  I guess the difference between me and BushOK is I've taken a lot of spills early and often so I've acquired the ability to take things more casually over time.  When looking at BushOK, I'm seeing elements of myself 10 years ago when I saw wedding bells for anyone I was interested in.  Women can sense that and more often run.  I think the best concept in this situation is "active disinterest" so to speak meaning he should be interested, but don't revolve his life around her.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »

Good luck BushOK but I'm not at all optimistic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies