Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:02:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 57040 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »

I just noticed how weird singular they really sounds.

Indeed. Best to use he/she.

He/she is kind of awkward too (unless you mean to use either he or she).

I meant using either he or she to describe a singular person. Or hers and his for the possessive. Theirs is, I believe, grammatically incorrect.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2009, 03:44:52 PM »

I'd suggest stalking at this point. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »

I just noticed how weird singular they really sounds.

Indeed. Best to use he/she.

He/she is kind of awkward too (unless you mean to use either he or she).

I meant using either he or she to describe a singular person. Or hers and his for the possessive. Theirs is, I believe, grammatically incorrect.

That depends on what you mean by grammatically incorrect, of course. It's used all the time, and it's not particularly new.

I do it all the time (though usually not with definite subjects).
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »

I'd suggest stalking at this point. Wink

Not worth it, even a little bit.  I got angry at someone for listening to her retard friend who didn't approve of me and she got her father to call and threaten me.  Don't get this poor guy in trouble on top of what he's already going through.  I'm sticking with what I said- call, ask for ring, pawn it/sell on eBay.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »

I got angry at someone for listening to her retard friend

A real charmer here.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2009, 01:18:05 AM »

Yes she was.  Her friend was engaged and hit on my friend.  She demanded I buy her drinks.  She was a piece of work then had the nerve the next day to tell the person I was well... starting to see that we weren't right for each other.  Again, she waited over a week to tell me that and dicked me around. 

Of course, I knew you meant me buddy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »

something tells me that right now bushie is sitting there staring at his phone.

it is too sad.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2009, 05:01:28 PM by Keystone Phil »

it is too sad.

And you're still mocking him/sarcastically concerned...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »

it is too sad.

Dude, there's no need to rub it in.  It's best to be supportive and hope something like this never happens again for him. 
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2009, 03:05:57 PM »

it is too sad.

Dude, there's no need to rub it in.  It's best to be supportive and hope something like this never happens again for him. 

maybe he will realize how irrational he is being.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2009, 03:08:30 PM »

it is too sad.

And you're still mocking me/sarcastically concerned...

Phil, you're response seems oddly self-centered.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 05:01:42 PM »

it is too sad.

And you're still mocking me/sarcastically concerned...

Phil, you're response seems oddly self-centered.

LOL

Whoops! I meant "him."  Tongue
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »

it is too sad.

maybe he will realize how irrational he is being.

There comes a point where he has to know what's best for him.  We can only suggest things in a constructive way to him.  Sure, in this case it maybe mean or crude, but he's gotta know and at the same time not attack him personally.  Most of us on here have been in some variation of his situation, including myself. 

I'm starting to wonder if the ex and current are in cahoots to f--k with him.  They could be joking back and forth about how needy he is, etc.  I'm not kidding, I've seen women talk about guys like this.  Again, I'm 1500 miles away and know nothing about these ladies, but don't discount it from the realm of possibilities.  If so they need a good talking to or mom/sister (if possible) need to open a can of whoop ass on them, especially with a ring involved.  I get the funny feeling this is the case.

BushOK, if I were you again get the ring, call it off, and just signup for match.com or eHarmony and date lots of women as practice.  And don't be needy- take it casually.  I got burnt a lot myself.  Who knows, God may point you to the right one. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »

I'm going to give her until August 1.  I'm committed to that date.  She has given no reason to believe she WON'T call me back.  It is true, it has been 6 days since I last talked to her, but being the patient guy that I am, I'm going to give her two weeks which will be August 1, 2009.  At that point, if she hasn't called, then I'll call her and deliver the ultimatum, either we set a date to talk or arrange a time to get my ring back.

I hear what everybody is saying, I'm still holding on to the last bit of hope that I can.  I'm still hanging on to what she told me last Sunday, that her heart is still in it and that she will call me when the time is right.  Coupled with the fact that I will not wait forever, I will give her until August 1.  If she sets a date then to talk on August 8, fine, I'll talk to her on August 8, but I at least will have to have a date established by the evening of August 1.

My cousin gave me some really good advice earlier this week.  He said not to give up and consider it over until I hear it from her lips.  He said that she is probably still trying to process things and is doing it in a way different than the way I am doing it.  She's doing it in isolation, I'm doing it amongst friends and family.  Plus, I have no idea what her family and friends are telling her.

I can assure you she and my ex are not ganging up on me.  In fact, my ex is becoming more ticked at her than I am.  She even told me that if she continues to refuse to talk to me, that she probably will no longer talk to her.

However, if this relationship does not work out, then probably after the first of the year, I'll sign up for one of those dating websites either match.com or eHarmony.com.  I say after the first of the year, because I'll probably start focusing on Christmas here very soon, like in August and that will take most of my thoughts.  In fact, I am already starting to focus on Christmas even now in July, but that's an entirely different thread and subject.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »

how does one "focus" on Christmas?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »

I'm going to give her until August 1.  I'm committed to that date.  She has given no reason to believe she WON'T call me back.  It is true, it has been 6 days since I last talked to her, but being the patient guy that I am, I'm going to give her two weeks which will be August 1, 2009.  At that point, if she hasn't called, then I'll call her and deliver the ultimatum, either we set a date to talk or arrange a time to get my ring back.

I hear what everybody is saying, I'm still holding on to the last bit of hope that I can.  I'm still hanging on to what she told me last Sunday, that her heart is still in it and that she will call me when the time is right.  Coupled with the fact that I will not wait forever, I will give her until August 1.  If she sets a date then to talk on August 8, fine, I'll talk to her on August 8, but I at least will have to have a date established by the evening of August 1.

My cousin gave me some really good advice earlier this week.  He said not to give up and consider it over until I hear it from her lips.  He said that she is probably still trying to process things and is doing it in a way different than the way I am doing it.  She's doing it in isolation, I'm doing it amongst friends and family.  Plus, I have no idea what her family and friends are telling her.

I can assure you she and my ex are not ganging up on me.  In fact, my ex is becoming more ticked at her than I am.  She even told me that if she continues to refuse to talk to me, that she probably will no longer talk to her.

However, if this relationship does not work out, then probably after the first of the year, I'll sign up for one of those dating websites either match.com or eHarmony.com.  I say after the first of the year, because I'll probably start focusing on Christmas here very soon, like in August and that will take most of my thoughts.  In fact, I am already starting to focus on Christmas even now in July, but that's an entirely different thread and subject.

You're engaged to her.  Tell her you need to talk NOW.  If no response, wait 3 days and ask for the ring back.  Don't kick a can down the road.  It's not worth it.  I'm glad to hear her and your ex are not in cahoots.  In fact, let your ex know of your plans so it doesn't backfire.  You have to take a stand.  If not, she'll be walking all over you in marriage.  Assertiveness is necessary. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »

I will give her until August 1.  If she sets a date then to talk on August 8, fine, I'll talk to her on August 8, but I at least will have to have a date established by the evening of August 1.

YOU DON'T SET A DATE TO TALK TO YOU FIANCE!!!!   

If you have a wound on your foot that's bleeding......you better take care of it before you lose your foot.   Sounds like you heart is bleeding.......deal with it right phucking now......or lose it.

Not one person here is against you......we're just being blunt and objective.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »

I will give her until August 1.  If she sets a date then to talk on August 8, fine, I'll talk to her on August 8, but I at least will have to have a date established by the evening of August 1.

If you have a wound on your foot that's bleeding......you better take care of it before you lose your foot.   Sounds like you heart is bleeding.......deal with it right phucking now......or lose it.

Better from a married man than my mouth.  Hate to say it, but he'll learn the hard way.. like I did meaning well.... STOP ACTING NEEDY!  There's a true "nice guy" and then there's the nice guy who thinks he is and is really being needy.  If we, as mostly men can pickup on it, I'm sure women do even sooner.  Not to be sexist, but most women suck at directions, but they can pinpoint in less than a second whether you're interested or over-interested in someone in the same room.  Men suck at that.  Interested is great.  Over-interested is suffocating.  You have to inflict a little emotional pain on a woman.  When they say "he's a jerk", that's a good thing or "when is he gonna call me?" That's a great thing as well.  Put them on their toes for once. 

As for fezzy's comment about online dating, well sometimes you're better off dating outside your circle of friends.  He's not in college anymore so his options aren't as great and you kinda want to avoid workplaces.  I think serial online dating is great practice.  Sure, he like I will get a lot of psychos, but practice makes perfect.  His needy tendencies will wane over time, like mine did.  He will learn why acting the way he currently does is not worth it.

God, I wish Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew were back on the air.  Think I should take their places?  I hate Accounting!   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »

I will give her until August 1.  If she sets a date then to talk on August 8, fine, I'll talk to her on August 8, but I at least will have to have a date established by the evening of August 1.

If you have a wound on your foot that's bleeding......you better take care of it before you lose your foot.   Sounds like you heart is bleeding.......deal with it right phucking now......or lose it.

Better from a married man than my mouth.  Hate to say it, but he'll learn the hard way.. like I did meaning well.... STOP ACTING NEEDY!  There's a true "nice guy" and then there's the nice guy who thinks he is and is really being needy.  If we, as mostly men can pickup on it, I'm sure women do even sooner.  Not to be sexist, but most women suck at directions, but they can pinpoint in less than a second whether you're interested or over-interested in someone in the same room.  Men suck at that.  Interested is great.  Over-interested is suffocating.  You have to inflict a little emotional pain on a woman.  When they say "he's a jerk", that's a good thing or "when is he gonna call me?" That's a great thing as well.  Put them on their toes for once. 

As for fezzy's comment about online dating, well sometimes you're better off dating outside your circle of friends.  He's not in college anymore so his options aren't as great and you kinda want to avoid workplaces.  I think serial online dating is great practice.  Sure, he like I will get a lot of psychos, but practice makes perfect.  His needy tendencies will wane over time, like mine did.  He will learn why acting the way he currently does is not worth it.

God, I wish Adam Carolla and Dr. Drew were back on the air.  Think I should take their places?  I hate Accounting!  

Oh, trust me, I'm not going to let things linger forever.  That's why I'm going to give her until August 1.  That's more than enough time to "process" everything.  If she wants to talk, awesome, we'll talk.  If she doesn't, then I'll take my ring back.  Its that simple.  My mother says give her until August 1, and I'll go with her advice.

I think she'll turn around and call me, but if not, oh well.  There's someone out there for me.  I will continue to lose weight no matter what happens.  I will start working on my abs and lower legs no matter what happens.  I will not let the end of the relationship dampen my high spirits and my excitement that has been created in me since we met on June 7.  My friends and family have noticed a big change in me over the past 6 weeks.  I have more energy, my Tourette's has basically subsided, I'm not stuttering as much.  I am much more active in church, in life, and not home near as much (hence why my posting level has dropped off significantly the past two months save for this thread and the occasional political/off-topic post).  Plus, if she does end up officially dumping me, then I am free to get started listening to Christmas music and focus more time on football this year and get the preparations for 2009 Holiday Season underway.  If we do work out together, which is still my expectation and hope, then we'll have the awesome privilege of planning for a good wedding in April.

There's plusses to both routes and I am very comfortable either way.  Naturally, I still hope and expect the engagement to continue.  If not, oh well, I'll cut my losses and move on.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2009, 11:56:20 PM »

That's why I'm going to give her until August 1.  That's more than enough time to "process" everything.  If she wants to talk, awesome, we'll talk.  If she doesn't, then I'll take my ring back. 

Unless the bitch has already pawned it for meth. Sad
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »

That's why I'm going to give her until August 1.  That's more than enough time to "process" everything.  If she wants to talk, awesome, we'll talk.  If she doesn't, then I'll take my ring back.

Dude, hate to be cruel, BUT

I think her ovaries are "processing" some semen right now.  Then he'll get "(BuskOK), you're a nice guy, but I don't think it's gonna workout" on 8/1/09.  Hope I'm wrong, BUT......

PLACE YER BETS!!!! 
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2009, 12:05:05 AM »

Dude, hate to be cruel, BUT

I think her ovaries are "processing" some semen right now.  Then he'll get "(BuskOK), you're a nice guy, but I don't think it's gonna workout" on 8/1/09.  Hope I'm wrong, BUT......

PLACE YER BETS!!!! 

I wish I had something positive to say. Something inspiring. I really do. But liars go to hell, and this shit is hilarious.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2009, 12:39:35 AM »

I think her ovaries are "processing" some semen right now

Wow
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2009, 12:42:42 AM »

Yuck... processed semen.

I only shop organic.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2009, 12:44:41 AM »

I think that it might be time to focus on Christmas or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies