Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 30, 2014, 07:15:48 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games
| | |-+  Survivor (Moderator: big bad fab)
| | | |-+  World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print
Author Topic: World Leaders Survivor -Stage Three - Complete  (Read 22242 times)
Nhoj
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:26 am »
Ignore

Mohamed Nasheed

آزادی برای ایران

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:40 am »
Ignore

Fredrik Reinfeldt.

If Sigursdardottir wins this I'll be a bit embarassed. The woman has been in power less than a year and leads a teeny, tiny country that tried to get rich fast by reckless financial transactions and connections with the Russian mafia.

She isn't bad or anything but she hasn't done anything and is like half the leader of any of the last 10 or so.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Ethelberth
YaBB God
Suriname

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 04, 2009, 10:10:07 am »
Ignore

reinfeldt

although Vanhanen or Lokke Rasmussen would have been better.
Edu
Ufokart
YaBB God
Argentina

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2009, 10:18:49 am »
Ignore

Mohamed Nasheed
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2009, 10:36:38 am »
Ignore

Sigursdardottir

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 04, 2009, 12:23:21 pm »
Ignore

Mohamed Nasheed

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2009, 01:21:56 pm »
Ignore

If Sigursdardottir wins this I'll be a bit embarassed. The woman has been in power less than a year and leads a teeny, tiny country that tried to get rich fast by reckless financial transactions and connections with the Russian mafia.
The time to not be at least 'a bit' embarassed passed a while ago.* The Maldives aren't exactly larger than Iceland... and what has Reinfeldt done? (Apart from leading one of the least offensive major conservative parties to a rare electoral victory? Mind you, with First World Conservative leaders, never hearing their name again after they win is the best thing you can reasonably ask for.) But, say, what, other than double the population, distinguished him from John Key?
But hey, that happens with compromise choices. All of these three reflect a reasonablish compromise. (Though the levels of reasonableness might vary. But quite frankly, after all the sh!t that went down, I begrudge you the pleasure of "victory". A little bit. But enough to motivate my vote. Tongue )

*India is a democracy, or sort of. But dead0man was on to something with that early vote against them based on Freedom House or whatever he used. It's hardly a very free and fair place to live in. And the INC must bear the lion's share of the blame. Last times' victory was understandable due to the surprise ouster of the BJP government, but defending the title would have been quite undeserved. My last two votes were actually tactical votes to get Manmohan Singh out.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2009, 01:29:47 pm »
Ignore

Reinfeldt

big bad fab
filliatre
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2009, 02:43:58 pm »

Frederik Reinfeldt

Enjoy the French elections !
Enjoy polling analysis !
Enjoy my tracker !

http://sondages2012.wordpress.com/
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2009, 03:15:36 pm »
Ignore

It doesn't matter who I vote for this round.

La dee da.

Sigurthardottir. Until Hugh learns to spell.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2009, 03:59:12 pm »
Ignore

The time to not be at least 'a bit' embarassed passed a while ago.* The Maldives aren't exactly larger than Iceland... and what has Reinfeldt done? (Apart from leading one of the least offensive major conservative parties to a rare electoral victory? Mind you, with First World Conservative leaders, never hearing their name again after they win is the best thing you can reasonably ask for.) But, say, what, other than double the population, distinguished him from John Key?
But hey, that happens with compromise choices. All of these three reflect a reasonablish compromise. (Though the levels of reasonableness might vary. But quite frankly, after all the sh!t that went down, I begrudge you the pleasure of "victory". A little bit. But enough to motivate my vote. Tongue )

*India is a democracy, or sort of. But dead0man was on to something with that early vote against them based on Freedom House or whatever he used. It's hardly a very free and fair place to live in. And the INC must bear the lion's share of the blame. Last times' victory was understandable due to the surprise ouster of the BJP government, but defending the title would have been quite undeserved. My last two votes were actually tactical votes to get Manmohan Singh out.

I disagree. I've been annoyed for quite a while true, but I wouldn't be embarassed by either Reinfeldt or Nasheed. Or Singh.

And I liked Key so that doesn't sway me. Tongue

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2009, 04:41:54 pm »
Ignore

Sigurthardottir

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2009, 08:30:23 pm »
Ignore

Believe it or not, we don't have that crossed d on Aussie keyboards, and there is no commonly accepted substitute, so I went with the one that at least had a d of some kind Smiley

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2009, 09:41:22 pm »
Ignore

Fredrik Reinfeldt.

She isn't bad or anything but she hasn't done anything and is like half the leader of any of the last 10 or so.

You could say the same thing about Nasheed. Yeah he ousted a long-standing dictator and that's awesome, but there were other leaders voted off who also fought for democracy in countries more important than one with less population than my city that has virtually no economy beyond tourism, much like those Carribean and Oceania leaders who got voted for leading "joke countries". He also has been in office for less than a year in an even smaller country than Iceland.

I'm not anti-Nasheed and wouldn't be too bothered by him winning (and I think he will actually), but he's not really any more important than Sigursdardottir.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
JWHart

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2009, 10:44:34 pm »
Ignore

Nasheed
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2009, 01:38:06 am »
Ignore

This final three is terrible. Sigursdardottir, I guess?

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 05, 2009, 02:34:38 am »
Ignore

Fredrik Reinfeldt.

You could say the same thing about Nasheed. Yeah he ousted a long-standing dictator and that's awesome, but there were other leaders voted off who also fought for democracy in countries more important than one with less population than my city that has virtually no economy beyond tourism, much like those Carribean and Oceania leaders who got voted for leading "joke countries". He also has been in office for less than a year in an even smaller country than Iceland.

I'm not anti-Nasheed and wouldn't be too bothered by him winning (and I think he will actually), but he's not really any more important than Sigursdardottir.

Nasheed, from what I recall has been an important political figure for a long time. Mandela would have deserved to win after a year in office, even if it had only been a year. Sigurdardottir just got in because everyone else was so tainted by Iceland's collapse. She hasn't, as far as I know, done anything to get there the way Nasheed did. I'm not saying Nasheed should be the winner either (I'm rooting for Reinfeldt out of the remaining ones) and I wouldn't have picked any of the remaining 3 for the win. My sole point is that Sigurdardottir is less deserving than the other 2 and less deserving than most of the finalists.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 05, 2009, 07:47:57 am »
Ignore

Frederik Reinfeldt
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 05, 2009, 12:53:53 pm »
Ignore

Believe it or not, we don't have that crossed d on Aussie keyboards, and there is no commonly accepted substitute, so I went with the one that at least had a d of some kind Smiley
Yeah, but what's the s for?

Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 05, 2009, 12:56:40 pm »
Ignore

Nasheed, from what I recall has been an important political figure for a long time.
About half as long as Sigurdardottir...

GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 05, 2009, 04:25:29 pm »
Ignore

Mohamed Nasheed

Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:24 am »
Ignore

Yeah, but what's the s for?

To soften the hard d, is my understanding.

Platypus
hughento
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 06, 2009, 02:18:07 am »
Ignore

FINAL ROUND (68)

Australia - Kevin Rudd -eliminated round 52
Belize - Dean Barrow -eliminated round 50
Costa Rica - Oscar Arias -eliminated round 65
Denmark - Lars Lokke Rasmussen -eliminated round 54
Finland - Tarja Halonen -eliminated round 62
Germany - Angela Merkel -eliminated round 56
Iceland - Johanna Sigursdardottir -eliminated round 67
India - Manmohan Singh -eliminated round 66
Liberia - Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf -eliminated round 63
Maldives - Mohamed Nasheed
Mali - Amadou Toumani Toure -eliminated round 59
New Zealand - John Key -eliminated round 58
Norway - Jens Stoltenberg -eliminated round 61
Poland - Donald Tusk -eliminated round 57
Serbia - Mirko Cvetkovic -eliminated round 53
Slovenia - Borut Pahor -eliminated round 64
Spain - Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero -eliminated round 51
Sweden - Frederik Reinfeldt
Timor-Leste - Xanana Gusmao -eliminated round 60
Uruguay - Tabare Vasquez -eliminated round 55

Vote for the leader you want to keep. Least votes=eliminated. Voting will last for 72 hours.

big bad fab
filliatre
YaBB God
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 06, 2009, 02:21:29 am »

Surprising final, but not so bad, far from it.

Frederik Reinfeldt.

Enjoy the French elections !
Enjoy polling analysis !
Enjoy my tracker !

http://sondages2012.wordpress.com/
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 06, 2009, 03:56:12 am »
Ignore