Department of External Affairs (DOEA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of External Affairs (DOEA)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Department of External Affairs (DOEA)  (Read 20830 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »

The SOEA arrived three hours ago in Sana'a, Yemen to meet with President Saleh and Prime Minister Mujur to discuss the matter of the increased power of terrorists in the northern regions of the nation.  We have received word that the Secretary will be coming out in a few moments to give an update on the current problems in the nation and also to give the recommendations he will be giving to the Senate on this problem.  He is emerging now, flanked by the Prime Minister and President.

Hello everyone, thank you for coming today to this important press conference.  Recently in this fine nation's more deserted regions terrorist groups have been on the rise in power.  President Saleh asked me to come here today to discuss the security situation related to both our nations.  Now, on to the concrete proposals.  The Yemenis will need some monetary and equipment support from Atlasia, and though I doubt that the current Senate will allow it, the President is also requesting Atlasian military aid in rooting out these terrorists.  I would like to push my own nation and our Senate to send over troops to aid in this way.  Once I return home I will discuss this all with the President, however first I will be travelling to Midrand tomorrow to meet with the leaders of the African Union on the situation in Guinea.  Good day everyone.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2009, 06:01:25 PM »

Mr. SoEA, can you pronounce the name of the city you're in? Because I can.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »

I would like to request that the SoEA address the war in Uganda.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2009, 06:54:46 PM »

I would like to request that the SoEA address the war in Uganda.

I will address it in my speech tomorrow in Midgand.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »

Communique:

Today the GM released his first ever foreign policy report and I will now be releasing the official government response.

Asia:  We of Atlasia will be hereby condemning the actions of North Korea in it's launching of test rockets.  We do hope for the North Koreans to come to the negotiating table on their nuclear program.  We would also like to give our condolences to the people of Indonesia due to the recent earthquake in the nation.

Middle East: We are glad that no one was wounded in these recent attacks however we do hope that such things will not happen again but I hope that the two parties can soon come to the negotiation table.

Europe:  We would of course like to condemn the terrible terrorist take in Italy as well.  Once again we are happy that no one was injured.

Africa:  I will be addressing the situation in Africa tomorrow in my speech to the African Union.  I think the terrorist attack in Yemen also highlights what I said yesterday there in Yemen.

America:  I'd like to congratulate the Brazilians on their receiving the 2016 Olympics.  I'd also like to discourage the Colombians from commiting any sorts of abuses on the people of Venezuela despite what has happened between their two nations as of late.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

My meeting in Africa went well and I and the President will be working on a few initiatives on this.  I will be travelling to the EU within the next week to discuss the situations in Africa, the Americas, and the Mid-East, largly focusing on Yemen, Somalia, and the situation in Venezuela.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2009, 12:36:07 PM »

Today the SOEA has travelled once again to Europe to meet with leaders of the European Union, this time in Brussels in Belgium.  He stated he would be travelling to hold a meeting in order to discuss the recent situations in Somalia, Yemen, and Venezuela most importantly, as welll as a few other pressing issues including the war in Uganda.  He has met with the various European leaders in order to discuss the various security needs between their nations.  The SOEA is coming out now....

I'd like to thank everyone for coming today to this very important meeting.  I'd also like to thank all of the world leaders who I have met with today.  Now on to the issues at hand.  First of all I'd like to address the recent problems due to the Somali pirates.  Pending the affirmation of the President and the Senate I'd like to announce that Atlasia will join the current EU operation Atalanta which is currently attempting interdiction maneuvers in the region.  We will be sending our forces from Combined Task Force 150, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Ramage and the Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Bunker Hill to assist in this operation and also urge the rest of the nations involved in this combined task force to do so as well.

At the same time we are hoping that my own Senate will support giving monetary and equipment aid to the Yemenis to stop the Al Qaeda operatives in their outlying regions as the majority of the leaders here also support, though there are of course a few holdouts on this matter. 

Finally on to what is likely the most pressing matter for Atlasians, Venezuela.  I will be travelling to Venezuela in the next couple of days to personally aid in the negotiations.  I will be meeting with the Russian diplomats there as welll as Presidents Uribe and Chavez.  We will hopefully be able to come to final concensus and peace in this conflict.  I also would like to reiterate my calls for the soldiers of the Colombian army to not mistreat the people of Venezuela.  After all it was the government not the people who they came into conflict with.  I have also invited any of the leaders here in Europe with me to come and assist me if they so desire.  We must end this conflict for the good of all who are involved.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »

Atlasia will be henceforth joining the EU Operation Atalanta.  Atlasia shall send  our forces from Combined Task Force 150, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Ramage and the Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Bunker Hill to assist in this operation.  We would also like to encourage the remaining ships of the various naiton in Comined Task Force 150 to join us in order to stop the continued piracy in the region.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2009, 04:01:32 PM »

Atlasia will be henceforth joining the EU Operation Atalanta.  Atlasia shall send  our forces from Combined Task Force 150, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Ramage and the Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Bunker Hill to assist in this operation.  We would also like to encourage the remaining ships of the various naiton in Comined Task Force 150 to join us in order to stop the continued piracy in the region.

I'm not sure but I think than the Senate should autorize it first?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »

Atlasia will be henceforth joining the EU Operation Atalanta.  Atlasia shall send  our forces from Combined Task Force 150, the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Ramage and the Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Bunker Hill to assist in this operation.  We would also like to encourage the remaining ships of the various naiton in Comined Task Force 150 to join us in order to stop the continued piracy in the region.

Dagon why is it that either way I do it people say I'm wrong? lol
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »

We must authorize joining an operation, but not which ships will be sent.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »

We must authorize joining an operation, but not which ships will be sent.

Gotcha.  Well I'll wait for the Senate's gohead.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »

I am quite pleased by Acting President Bacon King's actions during this crisis the past couple of days, I have been very busy in real life so I have'nt been able to get on long enough to post.  I'll be able to do better in the next couple days.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »

I am quite pleased by Acting President Bacon King's actions during this crisis the past couple of days, I have been very busy in real life so I have'nt been able to get on long enough to post.  I'll be able to do better in the next couple days.

Real life is always a priority. Still, it's good to have your support.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2009, 11:08:03 PM »

I will be gone for most of this weekend but I will be back on the job Sunday.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2009, 11:11:53 PM »

I will be gone for most of this weekend but I will be back on the job Sunday.

Hurry Back!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »

Communique:

First off I would like to ask that Japan reconsider it's tabling of it's agreement to allow a new military base in the country.  I will be visiting there next week on another of my diplomatic tours.  Secondly I hope that the Yemeni government will not take the recent Saudi attack on terrorists just across the Yemeni borders as an attack on Yemen but rather as helping againest the terrorist forces in that nation.  Also on my tour I will be once again travelling to Europe to meet with various leaders on a number of issues.  I'd also like to congratulate our forces on their progress, along with the EU task force in the region, in their attempts at stopping the piracy from Somalia.  Finally I am truly hoping that the conflict in Venezuela will soon come to an end and would once again like to offer my diplomatic services if the two sides would accept it, though there is little that I can offer in the situation otherwise.

Currently I am speaking with various leaders on what we should do to finally end the conflict in Albuquerqe, though I am pleased by our present progress.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »

I don't think the Saudis ever crossed the border into Yemen, but rather vice-versa actually.

That's what I read on Arab News anyway.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »

I don't think the Saudis ever crossed the border into Yemen, but rather vice-versa actually.

That's what I read on Arab News anyway.

Thats what I got out of the GM thread.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »

Today the SOEA met with the various leaders of Europe to discuss the issues of the world today.  Though he will not be making a speech on the meeting, we have heard he was discussing issues such as improving trade between Atlasia and the EU, the situations in Yemen and Venezuela, as well as the recent coming together on the situation in Somalia.  We have also received word he will be travelling to Japan tomorrow where he will be holding a press conference after the first meeting by an Atlasian official with Yukio Hatoyama, current Prime Minister of Japan as well as Emperor Akihito.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »

I will be beginning a new foreign policy review within the week.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2009, 11:23:51 AM »

Could you please wait until the Senate approves your last one? There's a law which requires approval of FPR, so I'd like the last FPR to be approved. In addition, I have some amendments to the last FPR which I'll propose once the bill is up, which may hopefully help you in preparing the next FPR.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »

Could you please wait until the Senate approves your last one? There's a law which requires approval of FPR, so I'd like the last FPR to be approved. In addition, I have some amendments to the last FPR which I'll propose once the bill is up, which may hopefully help you in preparing the next FPR.

Of course, thought it'd already been passed.  Sorry.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »

This Senator would like to inform the SOEA of this expressed condemnation of the proposed anti-gay bill in Uganda.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »

This Senator would like to inform the SOEA of this expressed condemnation of the proposed anti-gay bill in Uganda.

Link?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies