Department of External Affairs (DOEA)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:11:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of External Affairs (DOEA)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Department of External Affairs (DOEA)  (Read 20743 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:17:47 AM »

This is my new office for the Department of External Affairs.  This is specifically my governmental office.  I will also be using a second public office.  Thank you for your attention.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

DOEA COMMUNIQUE

Atlasia would like to issue a statement issuing their concern over Afghan President Hamid Karzai's recent pardon of five heroin traffikers.  It has come to light that at least one is related to a member of his campaign staff.

However we would like to congratulate the Afghan Government's recent cutting of a clause in their marriage law that would seem to legalize marital rape.  This is a crucial step forward for human rights in the nation.

The Republic of Atlasia would like to state it's support for the return to power of Honduran President Manuel Zelaya.  We are of the opinion that any Democratically elected leader should retain their position unless it is the will of the people that they be voted from office.  We do not take the leaders' ideology into the idea at all.

The DOEA would also like to express our worries over the recent rise of an Al Qaeda affiliate in various nations in Northern Africa.  Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb as the group calls themselves is based in Algeria and has recently been kidnapping and ransoming westerners while also hitting government patrols, resulting in more than a dozen deaths.  They have even claimed to have killed a man from our nation.  All Atlasians traveling to any North African country are being told to cancel travel plans to the region and if that is not possible, to be very careful while there.

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »

Degemer! If you find my crap in your office, forward it to me mar plij!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »

Under the recent Amendment to the LGBT Trade Act the following Free Trade Agreements are declared null and void until such time as the nations within the agreements agree to follow it's provisions.

F.L. 17-1: Atlasian-Kuwait Free Trade Act
F.L. 13-12: Atlasian-Bahrain Free Trade Act
F.L. 13-11: Atlasian-Morocco Free Trade Act
F.L. 13-10: Atlasian-Singapore Free Trade Act

As well are the following segments of the following free trade agreements.

F.L. 13-7: Caribbean Free Trade Act (with Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago)
F.L. 13-6: South American Free Trade Act (Guyana)

If I am at all overstepping my bounderies I hope someone will inform me as such.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 10:41:26 PM »

Ah, what's that smell, human rights? Wink

I'm very pleased with your actions thusfar HW, keep up the great work.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 01:27:47 AM »

You have the job I want the most, but I'm sure you will do an excellent job.  Best of luck to you.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 02:44:28 AM »

You have the job I want the most, but I'm sure you will do an excellent job.  Best of luck to you.

I fear for the world's future should you ever get this job Wink
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:58:59 AM »

Why would you want the least powerful most do-nothing job in Atlasia?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 11:03:29 AM »

Um do you notice the fact that I have been putting out consistent reports and policies since my swearing in?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

Um do you notice the fact that I have been putting out consistent reports and policies since my swearing in?
I could write whatever I felt too, doesn't make any difference toward the game
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »

Because I like foreign affairs.

I fear for the world's future should you ever get this job Wink

Thanks Tongue
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »

DOEA Communique

The Republic of Atlasia wishes to offer our condolences to Mexico after the recent violent murders of twelve federal officials by the La Familia drug cartel in the Mexican state of Michoacan, which has been a center of the current President's crackdown on organized crime.

Initial reports indicated the victims were likely killed over the weekend, when federal agents arrested Arnoldo Rueda Medina, who is suspected of being chief of operations of the Michoacan-based La Familia cartel. 

Atlasia as already stated offers its condolences and also hopes that we can provide some sort of aid to the difficult times our neighbor is experiencing.

We would meanwhile like to congratulate Nigeria on the recent ceasefire between the federal government and the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta rebel group.  We hope that this ceasefire will last, though we are concerned over the attempt to disrupt it after only 12 hours of the ceasefire.

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »

DOEA Communique

The Republic of Atlasia wishes to offer our condolences to Mexico after the recent violent murders of twelve federal officials by the La Familia drug cartel in the Mexican state of Michoacan, which has been a center of the current President's crackdown on organized crime.

Initial reports indicated the victims were likely killed over the weekend, when federal agents arrested Arnoldo Rueda Medina, who is suspected of being chief of operations of the Michoacan-based La Familia cartel. 

Atlasia as already stated offers its condolences and also hopes that we can provide some sort of aid to the difficult times our neighbor is experiencing.

What sort of actions and assistance does the SoEA believe is appropriate for Atlasia to take to assist our southern neighbor in combating the organized crime and drug groups so as to prevent such horrific events from continuing to occur in Mexico, as well as from spreading North.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 05:50:49 PM »

DOEA Communique

What sort of actions and assistance does the SoEA believe is appropriate for Atlasia to take to assist our southern neighbor in combating the organized crime and drug groups so as to prevent such horrific events from continuing to occur in Mexico, as well as from spreading North.

Isn't Mexico a vassal Country of the Dirty South or something?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

DOEA Communique

Isn't Mexico a vassal Country of the Dirty South or something?

Don't be ridiculous.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

Oh, is that about the time SPC was playing Army Men with his "Security Force"?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 06:48:44 PM »

I think so.

Semi-related: We should scrap all GM decisions made before Brandon. It would make things a lot easier.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »

DOEA Communique

As of this moment I am not entirely sure of what sort of actions would be called for other than a crackdown on border-crossings when it comes to drug runners considering alot of their harder products are mostly desired here in our nation.  I will speak to the President if he desires further measures than that and will of course be open minded to any Mexican proposals as well.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »

Just to let everyone know I plan to start my first foreign policy report in the next day or two.  That is all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:38 PM »

Just to let everyone know I plan to start my first foreign policy report in the next day or two.  That is all.

I look forward to it Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »

The DOEA will not offer it's support to any furthur free trade agreements, however should they pass I will not impede their being enacted so long as the don't violate the LGBT Trade Act.  Also I would like to encourage as much fairness in trade deals as possible by including clauses wherein we won't have FTAs unless another country reciprocates.  It is only proper and fair.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »

The DOEA will not offer it's support to any furthur free trade agreements, however should they pass I will not impede their being enacted so long as the don't violate the LGBT Trade Act.  Also I would like to encourage as much fairness in trade deals as possible by including clauses wherein we won't have FTAs unless another country reciprocates.  It is only proper and fair.

Aren't FTAs agreements with another country, indicating reciprocity? It's not a unilateral announcement. It is an agreement among nations. That's why we don't do a "general free trade resolution," but individual FTAs with nations on a case by case basis.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »

Aren't FTAs agreements with another country, indicating reciprocity? It's not a unilateral announcement. It is an agreement among nations. That's why we don't do a "general free trade resolution," but individual FTAs with nations on a case by case basis.

They are called Free Trade AGREEMENTS but we can not determine ourselves whether these nations would accept them or not.  I think for that to take effect we'd need someone like the GM to act as those we are engaged in negotiations with.  Otherwise my interpretation is that we are simply lifting trade barriers unilaterally.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 10:23:08 PM »

They are called Free Trade AGREEMENTS but we can not determine ourselves whether these nations would accept them or not.  I think for that to take effect we'd need someone like the GM to act as those we are engaged in negotiations with.  Otherwise my interpretation is that we are simply lifting trade barriers unilaterally.

Well with this GM I don't think that will be much of a problem. Tongue
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 09:28:18 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2009, 09:30:52 AM by SOEA HappyWarrior »

Official DOEA Policy: The Americas

Argentina: Normal
Bolivia: Normal, though we have concerned over the President's close ties with Hugo Chavez.
Brazil: Normal
Chile: Normal
Colombia: Normal, though we have concerns over corruption and other stuff
Ecuador: Normal, with a few concerns.
Guyana: Normal
Paraguay: Normal
Peru: Normal
Suriname: Normal
Uruguay: Normal
Venezuela: Partial restrictions due to what seems to be the attempted establishment of a dictatorship by President Chaves.
Canada: Normal
Mexico: Normal though we have concerns over stability and the drug trade.
Belize: Normal
Costa Rica: Normal
El Salvador: Normal
Guatemala: Normal
Honduras:  Partial economic restrictions due to the ongoing political crisis.
Nicaragua: Normal
Panama: Normal
Cuba: Atlasian policy regarding Cuba is currently F.L. 18-6, Cuban Relations Act.
Antigua and Barbuda: Normal
Bahamas: Normal
Barbados: Normal
Dominica: Normal
Grenada: Normal
Dominican Republic: Normal
Haiti: Normal, though we have concerns regarding instability
Jamaica: Normal
Saint Kitts and Nevis: Normal
Saint Lucia: Normal
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: Normal
Trinidad and Tobago: Normal