Most vunerable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Most vunerable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most vunerable  (Read 3897 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: July 28, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »

How the HELL did Cao get elected?  LA-02 has a CPVI of D+25!  I'm not saying I'm not happy about it but I was just wondering.

Because the Democrats ultimately refused to vote to re-elect their ultra-corrupt representative yet again.

Oh.  Kinda like the 1920 presidential election in NYC?  Harding actually won.

I am not too familiar with that example, though I think Coolidge also won NYC in 1924.

Another interesting feat-  Guess who the last Republican Pres to win the City of Philadelphia was in what year?  The answer blew my mind.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »

How the HELL did Cao get elected?  LA-02 has a CPVI of D+25!  I'm not saying I'm not happy about it but I was just wondering.

Because the Democrats ultimately refused to vote to re-elect their ultra-corrupt representative yet again.

Oh.  Kinda like the 1920 presidential election in NYC?  Harding actually won.

I am not too familiar with that example, though I think Coolidge also won NYC in 1924.

Another interesting feat-  Guess who the last Republican Pres to win the City of Philadelphia was in what year?  The answer blew my mind.

1932?

Yep.  Herbert Hoover won the city, but FDR won in 1936.  Philadelphia and Pittsburgh still had the best GOP organizations in the country at that time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies