Bush kicked Kerrys butt so royally it hurt to watch(ouch!!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush kicked Kerrys butt so royally it hurt to watch(ouch!!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bush kicked Kerrys butt so royally it hurt to watch(ouch!!)  (Read 6527 times)
qwerty
ghwbush
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 11:59:31 PM »

Yes, the Democrats sent an email telling supporters to spam the polls, giving links for all of them.

Who the Hell is Carlos Watson?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 08:28:31 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2004, 09:29:24 AM by Democratic 'Hawk' »

It was a more even match-up than the first debate but Republicans will up Bush and Democrats will up Kerry.

Bush certainly wasn't lackluste as in the previous debate while Kerry held is own. Bush criticising Kerry as a 'tax-and-spend' liberal sounds rich coming from a guy who sits astride a record budget deficit!

Only time well tell what impact this will have among the undecideds.

It was a narrow win for Kerry.

Dave
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 09:01:38 AM »

Here's the real results of last night's debate:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/09/debate.main/index.html
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 09:09:02 AM »

Kerry won it. Bush looked angry but it was fake anger- as if someone had told him before hand 'be more angry...go get 'im tiger grrrr!!' or something similar. Bush was fiery- but it sounded so hollow. Considering this 'folksy' debate set-up was supposed to handicap Kerry, he seemed at ease and in control of what he wanted to say. Narrow Kerry win.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2004, 09:43:29 AM »

Kerry is selling defeat and massive government to the American people, and that came off as a tough sell last night. Chalk this one up for the Wood man.
shankbear

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2004, 09:45:36 AM »

The lumber got broke off up in sKerry's bootie.  Scaramouche, scaramouche do you do the fandango....
DFLofMN
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2004, 10:33:37 AM »

I can't help but wonder why my computer is falling off the right side of my desk every time I log onto this website...hmmm.Huh
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2004, 12:00:41 PM »

Bush clearly performed much better than in the first debate and therefore, to some degree, he won.  Kerry was a little bit slower, fumbled a bit more and seemed more like a Senator than a President and so, to some degee, he lost. 

But both performed well enough to fire up their base and move on, indeed the only poll I saw seemed to see a tie in who won.

So it looks like another close election that will likely be decided by turnout.  That tends to favor Kerry but that assumption will tested by the Rove/Mehlman 72 hr GOTV campaign.

I continue to predict the election will NOT be decided on Nov. 2.  Instead in the closest states, legal battles over alleged voter fraud by the Democratic registration groups leading to illegal voting and double voting Vs alleged voter disenfranchisement by the Republicans will carry this election on into the courts. 

And of course if CO matters, and the proportional EV allocation ballot measure passes, the Election will not even be over when the Electoral College meets in Dec.!

2004 voter fraud:
http://billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/cat_voter_fraud.html

10,000 lawyers ready to pounce on Nov. 2:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1323454,00.html

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2004, 12:02:08 PM »

Yes, I predict the Democrats will try to steal this election again. The succeeded in '60 and we can never let THAT mistake happen again.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2004, 02:42:03 PM »

I did not receive the e-mail from the Democratic campaign telling me what polls to spam.

I did, however, receive e-mail from both campaigns claiming victory.  (I am on both campaign's mailing list, not sure how I got on the Republicans.)

I say it was a draw.
khirkhib

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2004, 03:59:19 PM »

I think it was close but I honestly do think that Kerry narrowly won this one.  I think he won a lot of points in the end with his explanation of his votes against partial birth abortion and parental concent.  He gave a very clear reason for a very controversial subject that I think resonated well with undecided voters.  I know some catholics taht thought that was the highlight.  Bush I thought did come up a little bit arrogant and sophmoric but not really angry.  Both Bush and Kerry recieved cutting hostile questions and I think that Kerry was more respectful to the person that posed the question, Bush's response to the candadian drug importation issue was particuluarlly telling.  I think that by Monday it will show a slight win for Kerry but I am beginning to worry that Kerry could win all the debates and not win the election.  I think Kerry has encouraged his base enough and will win the popular vote but the electoral stratedgy may not be quite right.   And PLEASE if you are going to accuse democrats of voter fraud please cite your accusations.  Their are plenty of examples of Republican disenfranchisement efforts and I think that I am being very gracious by saying that we may both be at fault and that both parties should make an effort so that every elligible voter gets to vote (but only once).
Ats
Rookie

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2004, 04:09:18 PM »

Tie on issues, narrow Kerry win on style. Overall I think it was a draw and will have negligible effect, unlike the first one which gave a 2 point bounce to Kerry.
Bob Dole '96
mpirner
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2004, 04:31:25 PM »

yup, I agree, Bush won!
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2004, 04:35:35 PM »

Yuo, I agree, Kerry kicked Bush's ass again.  It was fun to watch!  Bush did a lot better this time, but Kerry still made him look like the fool he is.

freedomburns
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2004, 06:41:19 PM »

Kerry won it. Bush looked angry but it was fake anger- as if someone had told him before hand 'be more angry...go get 'im tiger grrrr!!' or something similar. Bush was fiery- but it sounded so hollow. Considering this 'folksy' debate set-up was supposed to handicap Kerry, he seemed at ease and in control of what he wanted to say. Narrow Kerry win.

Several times during Kerry's answers, the camera focused on Bush, and he had a blank look with his eyes dodging slightly but very rapidly back and forth.  I have no idea what that look meant - but it was downright frightening.  Any psychologists on the board?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2004, 06:43:19 PM »

Landon landslide!
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2004, 07:49:08 PM »

I love how sarnstrom's evidence of a Kerry win is a internet poll that last night may have shown Kerry winning, but now shows Bush winning with 58%.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2004, 08:42:03 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2004, 09:08:26 PM by sarnstrom54014 »

I love how sarnstrom's evidence of a Kerry win is a internet poll that last night may have shown Kerry winning, but now shows Bush winning with 58%.
Here's my evidence:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/09/debate.main/index.html
and
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041010/pl_afp/us_vote_debate_poll&cid=1521&ncid=1963&sid=96378801
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2004, 09:06:47 PM »

Several times during Kerry's answers, the camera focused on Bush, and he had a blank look with his eyes dodging slightly but very rapidly back and forth.  I have no idea what that look meant - but it was downright frightening.  Any psychologists on the board?

No Bushs' look was "WTF is this guy talking about?"
Tory

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2004, 09:33:46 PM »

I stayed up and watched the debate at two o'clock in the morning(I guess it isn't that bad, it's 3:30 here now!).

From what my tired eyes could see, Bush, in the words of his father, "kicked a little ass last night".
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2004, 09:35:57 PM »

I stayed up and watched the debate at two o'clock in the morning(I guess it isn't that bad, it's 3:30 here now!).

From what my tired eyes could see, Bush, in the words of his father, "kicked a little ass last night".

At least their are some Brits out there that will give Bush some credit.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2004, 07:32:59 AM »

What happened was that the people who actually watched the debate voted pretty sharp - but when warning bells were sounded that Bush was losing this online poll to Kerry, Bush supporters en masse voted for their guy. Democrats would do the same!

Kerry, at one stage, had huge lead over Bush.

Either way online polls for this very reason aren't reliable.

Bush performed much better in this debate, but Kerry held his own.

Dave
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2004, 11:06:18 AM »

If you think Bush won so badly then why is it that the poll on cnn's homepage says 82% think Kerry won the debate, the msnbc poll has Kerry with a huge lead, and cnn's own Carlos Watson said Kerry won tonight's debate.

Because the DNC told Democrats to spam the online polls.

Yes, they did.  I got a DNC e-mail telling me to do so.  Let's see if I can dig it up.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2004, 11:09:52 AM »

Here it is:

Dear Christopher Soult,

Tonight, don't let George Bush's henchmen steal another victory. We need your online help immediately after the debate, so save this email, print it out, and have it ready with you as you watch the first Presidential debate tonight.

We all know what happened in 2000. Al Gore won the first debate on the issues, but Republicans stole the post-debate spin. We are not going to let that happen again, and you will play a big role.

Immediately after the debate, we need you to do three things: vote in online polls, write a letter to the editor, and call in to talk radio programs. Your 10 minutes of activism following the debate can make the difference.
Vote

National and local news organizations will be conducting online polls during and after the debate asking for readers' opinions. Look for online polls at these national news websites, and make sure to vote in every one of them:

* ABC News: http://www.abcnews.com/
    * CBS News: http://www.cbsnews.com/
    * CNN: http://www.cnn.com/
    * Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/
    * MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.com/
    * USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/

And be sure to check the websites of your local newspapers and TV stations for online polls. It is crucial that you do this in the minutes immediately following the debate.
Write

Immediately after the debate, go online and write a letter to the editor of your local paper. If you feel John Kerry commanded the debate and had a clear plan for fixing the mess in Iraq, put it in your letter. If you feel George Bush dodged tough questions on Iraq and didn't level with voters, put it in your letter.

With just a few clicks, you can write your letter at our online media center:

http://www.democrats.org/media/
Call

Do you listen to national or local call-in shows on the radio? How about on TV? Call them and let them know what you thought of John Kerry's plan to keep America secure and George Bush's continuing refusal to admit the truth about his record.

Here are some national shows to get you started. (All times are Eastern.)

* Air America (all day): 646-274-2346
    * Alan Colmes (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.): 212-301-5900
    * Ed Shultz (3 p.m. to 6 p.m.): 701-232-1525
    * Bev Smith (7 p.m. to 10 p.m.): 412-325-4197
    * Doug Stephen (5 a.m. 10 a.m.): 1-800-510-8255

Find shows in your area on our media website:

http://www.democrats.org/media/find.html

Your actions immediately after the debate tonight can help John Kerry win on November 2. Make your voice heard!

Don't forget to visit our 2004 Debate Center before, during, and after the debate for important information, including questions Bush must answer, a Bush/Kerry contrast on keeping America safe, and Bush Debate Bingo, a game you can play with friends during the debate.

http://www.democrats.org/debates/

And after the debate, check your email for a very special message.

Thank you,

Terry McAuliffe
Chairman

PS: Make sure to forward this email to at least 10 other people who will be watching the debate. Also, give printed out copies to your friends, family members, coworkers and neighbors and get them involved.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2004, 11:41:59 AM »

Tonight, don't let George Bush's henchmen steal another victory.

Yes, this is the tone we need in Washington. Vote Kerry/Edwards '04! lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies