Your opinion of the Khlysty?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:17:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Your opinion of the Khlysty?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your opinion of the Khlysty?  (Read 1907 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
« edited: July 12, 2009, 10:43:41 PM by Einzige »

Khlysty

I am quite fond of them. It's an idea remarkably simple in its brilliance: if atonement is a prerequisite for salvation, then the only possible sensible attitude to take towards sin is that it ought to be indulged in, so as to put God to some use. It's a vastly superior system to the banal asceticism that Christian 'scholars' have incrementally advanced and termed "innovation" for the past twenty-five centuries.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:46:03 AM »

Khlysty

I am quite fond of them. It's an idea remarkably simple in its brilliance: if atonement is a prerequisite for salvation, then the only possible sensible attitude to take towards sin is that it ought to be indulged in, so as to put God to some use. It's a vastly superior system to the banal asceticism that Christian 'scholars' have incrementally advanced and termed "innovation" for the past twenty-five centuries.

"The central idea of Khlystys' ideology was to practice asceticism."

Huh?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:45:13 AM »

Khlysty

Huh?

A strange sort of asceticism, they'd routinely engage in ritual orgy before purifying themselves through grueling fasts.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:38:33 AM »

Khlysty

Huh?

A strange sort of asceticism, they'd routinely engage in ritual orgy before purifying themselves through grueling fasts.

So, you think engaging in orgies and then whipping yourself afterwarsd as punishment is a sound attitude to life? I must disagree...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »

Khlysty

Huh?

So, you think engaging in orgies and then whipping yourself afterwarsd as punishment is a sound attitude to life? I must disagree...

I'm with Gustaf on this. Just have the orgies and skip the whipping... unless you happen to be into that sort of thing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 03:44:30 AM »

Khlysty

Huh?

I'm with Gustaf on this. Just have the orgies and skip the whipping... unless you happen to be into that sort of thing.

Capital idea, I must say. I would be interested to see how the Christian Fundamentalists would react to the establishment of a Khlysty monastery in rural Kansas by a group of people interested in practicing S&M.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies