Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 09:23:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  Your opinion of the Khlysty?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your opinion of the Khlysty?  (Read 982 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:21:08 pm »
Ignore

Khlysty

I am quite fond of them. It's an idea remarkably simple in its brilliance: if atonement is a prerequisite for salvation, then the only possible sensible attitude to take towards sin is that it ought to be indulged in, so as to put God to some use. It's a vastly superior system to the banal asceticism that Christian 'scholars' have incrementally advanced and termed "innovation" for the past twenty-five centuries.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:43:41 pm by Einzige »Logged

Life is change --
How it differs from the rocks
I've seen their ways
Too often for my liking

New worlds to gain
My life is to survive
And be alive
For you

- Jefferson Airplane, "Crown of Creation"

The right to die in Iraq was a right not previously possessed by Americans for twelve long years.  Bush rectified that.
Gustaf
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:46:03 am »

Khlysty

I am quite fond of them. It's an idea remarkably simple in its brilliance: if atonement is a prerequisite for salvation, then the only possible sensible attitude to take towards sin is that it ought to be indulged in, so as to put God to some use. It's a vastly superior system to the banal asceticism that Christian 'scholars' have incrementally advanced and termed "innovation" for the past twenty-five centuries.

"The central idea of Khlystys' ideology was to practice asceticism."

Huh?

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Scam of God
Einzige
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:45:13 am »
Ignore

Khlysty

Huh?

A strange sort of asceticism, they'd routinely engage in ritual orgy before purifying themselves through grueling fasts.

Life is change --
How it differs from the rocks
I've seen their ways
Too often for my liking

New worlds to gain
My life is to survive
And be alive
For you

- Jefferson Airplane, "Crown of Creation"

The right to die in Iraq was a right not previously possessed by Americans for twelve long years.  Bush rectified that.
Gustaf
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:38:33 am »

Khlysty

Huh?

A strange sort of asceticism, they'd routinely engage in ritual orgy before purifying themselves through grueling fasts.

So, you think engaging in orgies and then whipping yourself afterwarsd as punishment is a sound attitude to life? I must disagree...

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 05:37:39 pm »
Ignore

Khlysty

Huh?

So, you think engaging in orgies and then whipping yourself afterwarsd as punishment is a sound attitude to life? I must disagree...

I'm with Gustaf on this. Just have the orgies and skip the whipping... unless you happen to be into that sort of thing.

IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 03:44:30 am »
Ignore

Khlysty

Huh?

I'm with Gustaf on this. Just have the orgies and skip the whipping... unless you happen to be into that sort of thing.

Capital idea, I must say. I would be interested to see how the Christian Fundamentalists would react to the establishment of a Khlysty monastery in rural Kansas by a group of people interested in practicing S&M.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout